Xperia PLAY now features HD Video Recording with continuous autofocus! :)

Search This thread

hasaan6545

Jan 5, 2011
Multan
It hasn't been discovered yet, neither announced by SE, about which I am surprised, but here's the breaking news! :)

With 2.3.4 update for Xperia PLAY, the stock camera app now records 720p with continuous autofocus!

Sony Ericsson has really made alot of improvements in the 2011 Xperia series via their updates :)

P.S. Waiting for the R button capture app to be updated! :)

Last edited:

DAVIDGBJONES

Aug 2, 2011
Birmingham
I pray this is true, please someone confirm this, I bin waiting for the official UK release but if this is true I'll flash the Nordic version.

Sent from my XPERIA PLAY (R800i) using XDA App

Previous Smart Phones: Xperia X10 mini pro,
Xperia X10 mini,
Nokia 5800.

brochador

Jul 25, 2011
TS, you already post that here and also here..:D

There is already camera mod to user R button as a shutter. What do you mean the R button for the camera app to be updated?

hasaan6545

Jan 5, 2011
Multan
The camera app mod for Xperia play which takes pictures by R button does not support HD recording and focus in video. I meant it should be updated. It works like the old one.

---
@Red_kop, narflynn619, bublegumballoon, DAVIDGBJONES

This is 100% true, I tested it myself on my Xperia Play :)
1280x720 @30 fps on the stock camera app :) smooth and clear! :)

There is no source (about which I'm surprised), but that's true.

@brochador, I know, there is no harm to speak to a bigger audience, all these threads were related to the update :)

Last edited:

Dany XP

Oct 30, 2011
Milano
Android 2.3.4 official it's available since saturday here in Italy, but....no 720p recording and no sweep panorama, what the hell?!?!?
Do u guys have the 720p recording from a rom custom or official update?

Last edited:

xRegrets

Oct 27, 2011
Singapore
My Xperia Play R800i is running 2.3.4 and it has continuous auto focus and has 720p recording.. I upgraded officially and then rooted with zergrush method :)

Top Liked Posts