Faster than ART - Qualcomm-optimized Dalvik & Bionic libraries

Search This thread

mokkami

Dec 28, 2009
Düsseldorf (DE)
Oops there is already a thread.

All of the bionic patches are on CAF, but dalvik aren't. Both patches come with any non-nexus qcom stock rom, so no need to flash on a stock-based ROM, but they will affect AOSP ROMs, since most don't have them included. QCOM dalvik uses libqc-opt, a proprietary library, and libqc-dalvik, a static library which is tough to find unless you have connections, and even if you do, you can't release the libraries, so you have to use prebuilts rather than being able to build from source.

Also, these don't seem to be specific to Qualcomm. Other devices have flashed these and reported a large benchmark increase and some performance increases as well. Could be all placebo, though. It's hard to say. This doesn't appear to be an app spy, like Samsung's DVFS, where it ramps up the freqs when it detects a benchmark app, but I'm not exactly sure how it works. @Entropy512, if you have time, go on Hangouts.

TL;DR: If you're running a stock-based ROM, no need to flash the Moto X patches, you already have them. If you run an AOSP ROM, chances are, you won't have the Qualcomm Dalvik, so flash that. Many ROMs (PA, CM, etc) already have the CAF bionic, so no need to flash that either. If you want to know, PM me and I can look and report back to you.