AOSP 9.0 GSI October security - A and AB Arm and Arm64 Legacy - No Modifications

Search This thread

godkingofcanada

Nov 13, 2013
I compiled the GSI overnight, its aosp_arm64_a Legacy GSI, because the ones I keep downloading are all August security patch and I wanted it a little more up to date. I got the source directly from google and built it myself. AB is now uploaded as aosp_arm64_ab. A only is also up as aosp_arm64_a-aosp. I ran it on my One Plus 5, NFC was buggy but the camera, ril, Bluetooth, wifi, and everything I tried out worked. this is vanilla, so its bare bones. no apps besides the basics, no mods or any customizing. As this is a GSI it should be useable on many devices, I can only help you with the devices that I own, pixel XL and one plus 5. If you have a device other then that, you will have to find help from someone knowledgeable about that device. I have had success using twrp and fastboot to flash the system image. I was told doing it via fastboot is the best, so you can disable verified boot, then flash, then format all in one shot. My device did not require me to disable the verify boot. From my end it was literally as simple as 3 commands via fastboot and then restart the device and I was in. I flashed a 50mb gapps package from xda here, and magisk. took some photos, connected my Bluetooth speaker, made a call. sent some texts, installed a few apps. I will be staying on stock. But only because my device has stock pie, and the theming from one plus far trumps google.
aosp_arm_a-userdebug and aosp_arm_ab-userdebug added
https://mega.nz/#F!Xh4g2KSB!EJIGQtvLFKzHzqKXmZI7tg

Sources: https://source.android.com/setup/build/gsi

Last edited:

godkingofcanada

Nov 13, 2013
Do you find it smoother than HOS Pie Beta ?

It's very fast. install and boot was very fast. but I just discovered my home button does not work. however I don't assume that would be a difficult fix. the back and pages button are working. its very bare tho, you need to install everything you want manually. Which I prefer, it gives me more control over my phone I find. Hydrogen works ok too, it just requires a bit of work to get play store going and remove all the bloatware. GSI camera worked fine from boot.

Reactions: Dzol Cp and korm85

godkingofcanada

Nov 13, 2013
Maybe thats the matter i always use twrp but got..... So far never problems ....?
Make it a difference?
It shouldn't. But its twrp. Weird things happen. Use fastboot. Its only 3 or 4 steps. The tutorial is on the google gsi website. I tried via twrp and had no issues however. It started to launch then rebooted, second boot it loaded OK

godkingofcanada

Nov 13, 2013
Cracked screen. But you can see the build info

Attachments

• download_20181204_094954.jpg
    download_20181204_094954.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 809
Reactions: Dzol Cp

godkingofcanada

Nov 13, 2013
AB will be posted in about 2-3 hours. After that I will build A only Arm. It should be available by morning.

Attachments

• IMG_20181204_100118.jpg
    IMG_20181204_100118.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 392

godkingofcanada

Nov 13, 2013
AB arm64 legacy is now uploaded to the link in post one. Arm A and AB will show up over night. Starting with a in the morning. It takes about 4.5 to 5 hours to build

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I compiled the GSI overnight, its aosp_arm64_a Legacy GSI, because the ones I keep downloading are all August security patch and I wanted it a little more up to date. I got the source directly from google and built it myself. AB is now uploaded as aosp_arm64_ab. A only is also up as aosp_arm64_a-aosp. I ran it on my One Plus 5, NFC was buggy but the camera, ril, Bluetooth, wifi, and everything I tried out worked. this is vanilla, so its bare bones. no apps besides the basics, no mods or any customizing. As this is a GSI it should be useable on many devices, I can only help you with the devices that I own, pixel XL and one plus 5. If you have a device other then that, you will have to find help from someone knowledgeable about that device. I have had success using twrp and fastboot to flash the system image. I was told doing it via fastboot is the best, so you can disable verified boot, then flash, then format all in one shot. My device did not require me to disable the verify boot. From my end it was literally as simple as 3 commands via fastboot and then restart the device and I was in. I flashed a 50mb gapps package from xda here, and magisk. took some photos, connected my Bluetooth speaker, made a call. sent some texts, installed a few apps. I will be staying on stock. But only because my device has stock pie, and the theming from one plus far trumps google.
    aosp_arm_a-userdebug and aosp_arm_ab-userdebug added
    https://mega.nz/#F!Xh4g2KSB!EJIGQtvLFKzHzqKXmZI7tg

Sources: https://source.android.com/setup/build/gsi
    Aosp_arm64_a-userdebug-V2-NovSec is now up on the link. Ab will follow. Google released a new version.
    Do you find it smoother than HOS Pie Beta ?

It's very fast. install and boot was very fast. but I just discovered my home button does not work. however I don't assume that would be a difficult fix. the back and pages button are working. its very bare tho, you need to install everything you want manually. Which I prefer, it gives me more control over my phone I find. Hydrogen works ok too, it just requires a bit of work to get play store going and remove all the bloatware. GSI camera worked fine from boot.
    can a mod change the title to reflect that this will have the AB and A GSI not just A? Please and thank you.