FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,561 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,271

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th November 2012, 06:32 PM |#1001  
Flag Neunkirchen - Saarland
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfsr98

If you want more xda support then Nexus 4, if not, then go for the DNA, I think it's better (Don't forget that it's only sold on the US).
But in my opinion, I would prefer the Nexus 4 just 'cause I like it more, it's really a personal opinion matter.

Are HTC's less supported on XDA? because both are android.
Yes i know they are not at sale in the netherlands. Uhm prefer to buy it via via in the USA, and send it to holland. But specifications about the phones witch one is better? I saw a vs to note2, and the droid wins easy of it. I know HTC SENSE is a very big application heavy so smoothnes is requierd..

20th November 2012, 06:37 PM |#1002  
Flag Ribeirão Preto
Thanks Meter: 2,328

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbosanac

Are HTC's less supported on XDA? because both are android.
Yes i know they are not at sale in the netherlands. Uhm prefer to buy it via via in the USA, and send it to holland. But specifications about the phones witch one is better? I saw a vs to note2, and the droid wins easy of it. I know HTC SENSE is a very big application heavy so smoothnes is requierd..

I don't know about HTC, but Nexus 4 is, well, a Nexus device, so it is almost a rule that it get a lot of developement.
20th November 2012, 06:40 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 1,994

More
I think HTC gets quite a lot from xda, I've a ds and it does ok, and from what I've seen most of the other devices do ok despite the locked bootloader

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. ~Wernher Von Braun
20th November 2012, 08:15 PM |#1004  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 290

More
HTC gets a lot from XDA, but I bet that doesn't get as much as the Nexus 4 will have. IMO, on XDA the Nexus devices are considered WAY better because of the willing of development from Google and easily unlocked bootloaders, and so on. Of course probably the DNA will get lots of support here, but I think it won't have so much as the One X for example, because it's only avaiable on the US.
20th November 2012, 10:19 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Question Medium Sized Android Phone
I'm looking right now for a medium sized android (4.5 - 4.3 inch) phone to replace my broken GS2

I don't care about OEM skins (Sense etc.) since I will probably be flashing CM10 as soon as I get it.

It must be rootable and have some developer support for it.

I would love a quad core device with a high resolution screen but sadly those kind of specs only come on 4.7 inch+ superphones.

Battery life is not too inportant as long as it lasts a days worth.

I am in the UK so cannot get the MIUI Mi two unfortunately.

So far only the HTC One S has caught my eye

What else is out there? Thank you for reading
20th November 2012, 10:22 PM |#1006  
Flag Ribeirão Preto
Thanks Meter: 2,328

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izee Sulz

I'm looking right now for a medium sized android (4.5 - 4.3 inch) phone to replace my broken GS2

I don't care about OEM skins (Sense etc.) since I will probably be flashing CM10 as soon as I get it.

I would love a quad core device with a high resolution screen but sadly those kind of specs only come on 4.7 inch+ superphones.

Xperia S?

"What really matters in this world, anyway?"
20th November 2012, 10:34 PM |#1007  
Flag Northbrook
Thanks Meter: 579

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izee Sulz

Nexus 4. The on screen buttons reduce the 4.7 inch screen to about 4.5 inches

Sent from my DROID2 using xda premium
21st November 2012, 12:14 AM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Question galaxy tab 2 7.0 or nexus 7 ?
which should i chose between nexus 7 and galaxy tab 2 7.0
i mean i hard lot of screen defect on nexus 7.. and tab 2 seem more legit even though the spec lower... and black friday is coming.. wat should i get
The Following User Says Thank You to kinggame992000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kinggame992000 Ad-Free
21st November 2012, 04:47 AM |#1009  
Flag Panama City, FL
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Most volume: SG3 or Evo LTE?
I'm definitely getting either the Galaxy III or the Evo LTE. I've narrowed it down that far but I want to get the one that has the loudest speaker.
I'm old. I'm almost deaf but I'm sticking with one of the two above. I currently have an Evo 3G and have heard crappy old style flip phones that have louder volume from the music player angle.
I know the Evo has Dre's Beats thing but I've heard that the speakers aren't as loud as some would like. I'm just trying to find out which one is the loudest. No opportunity to go to a store that has working versions.

Thanks.
21st November 2012, 07:06 AM |#1010  
Flag Neunkirchen - Saarland
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugg1es

I think HTC gets quite a lot from xda, I've a ds and it does ok, and from what I've seen most of the other devices do ok despite the locked bootloader

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. ~Wernher Von Braun

but when you look at the price/specification, is the HTC better of less ?
So i must need someone who willl buy the phone and send it over to the netherlands...
21st November 2012, 01:18 PM |#1011  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 290

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggame992000

which should i chose between nexus 7 and galaxy tab 2 7.0
i mean i hard lot of screen defect on nexus 7.. and tab 2 seem more legit even though the spec lower... and black friday is coming.. wat should i get

OBVIOUSLY the Nexus 7 is better. Way better. With the tab 2 you can do calls and texting with a SIM card, that's basically the only positive from the tab 2.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)