FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,561 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,271

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd September 2012, 05:37 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Phone
Galaxy nexus!!

4th September 2012, 05:20 AM |#102  
Flag Anytown
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I'm looking for a decent tablet for my wife. Price is negotiable, something sub-$400 so that if it dies, I can still sleep at night. Here are some qualifications:

Uses:
  • Of course, the general internet crap
  • Standard tablet stuff (music, pictures, etc)
  • Recipe display while cooking in the kitchen - basically be a digital cookbook.
  • HD Movie watching (streamed over local WiFi or from SD card)

My deal breakers:
  • *MUST* have the option of USB charging - proprietary charger is OK as long as I can ALSO charge via micro or other standard USB cable (albeit at a slower amperage charging rate).
  • 10" screen (maybe 9" would be OK too, but 7" are too small)
  • Must have good hacking community. I won't run it stock OS. Probably looking for Cyanogen ROM to run on it.

Suggestions?
4th September 2012, 01:02 PM |#103  
Co. Tyrone
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidCarter93

I'm thinking the n7 will be your best option because it's one of the very best in terms of specs, Google support and dev support.
It's the whole package really and it even looks smooth and slick to go with it.
But this all depends on whether you're a gamer or not. If indeed you are a gamer and want optimum graphics and performance whilst playing high end games, then wait to find out where will sell the TF700 but if you're not a gamer, then the Nexus 7 is definitely your best option as it will perform anything you wish perfectly and is better for holding aswell.

I'm not overly worried about the performance, as a game that runs well on say a note or S2 would probibly run v.well/excelent on the nexus 7. I am interested in the readability for long periods and I'm also wondering if there is a usb alternative to the lack of an SD card slot.
4th September 2012, 04:55 PM |#104  
Flag pune
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcarter93

hi everyone,

this thread is a continuation of this thread.

This is here so you can discuss what your next phone/tablet should be, if you're not sure what to pick.

Also, if you need advice as to which device is better than another, then feel free to ask those questions in here aswell.

This is an attempt to clear out all the similar threads being created around these forums.

*note* i will be requesting thread maintenance as and when it is needed, to remove any spam comments

der is a new launch of spice mi 500 which has 1ghz processor 4gb rom 5mp cam.. Nd is only for 11000. And comes with android 4.1..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5th September 2012, 03:47 AM |#105  

More
I'm looking to replace my Galaxy S1.

The best phones I can get where I live are the Galaxy X (which is essentialy a Galaxy Nexus updated by Samsung / but easy to "transform" into a pure Nexus using the Gnex toolkit) and the Galaxy S3.

The X costs about 950, and the S3 1450~1550.

I know the S3's hardware is more powerful, but is it that much more powerful to justify the extra cost?

I'm almost set on the X, but I'm a little worried about it's hardware getting obsolete too quickcly in the near future.

What do you guys think I should get?

Thanks!
5th September 2012, 07:38 AM |#106  
Flag Auckland

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biluris

hi there i'm looking for a new android phone because my last broke :/
so i'm looking for a android phone with a normal size screen,normal performance and easy hackable.
i can give about 200€(i know it's not a lot but my old phone was lg gt540 and it cost 150 and it's a very good phone)
so i was wondering is there any phone that i can buy with that money?

sorry for my english but my languge is greek

I would look at the htc sensation, it has great dev support and still keeps up with the newer range of phones
5th September 2012, 01:09 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidero

I'm looking to replace my Galaxy S1.

The best phones I can get where I live are the Galaxy X (which is essentialy a Galaxy Nexus updated by Samsung / but easy to "transform" into a pure Nexus using the Gnex toolkit) and the Galaxy S3.

The X costs about 950, and the S3 1450~1550.

I know the S3's hardware is more powerful, but is it that much more powerful to justify the extra cost?

I'm almost set on the X, but I'm a little worried about it's hardware getting obsolete too quickcly in the near future.

What do you guys think I should get?

Thanks!

Get the cheaper one. It will be more as powerfull enough.

Within 15 months there will be hot new phones that are more powerfull than the S3, the race never stops. If you want to keep up with that, you better have a lot of cash available. But if you're satisfied with the b-models, which are in fact good enough, you get a lot more bang for the buck.
5th September 2012, 01:25 PM |#108  
Flag Bechah Gerda
Thanks Meter: 73

Donate to Me
More
Hello, i have a Galaxy S2g, i just want to ask, it is worth, that my friend want to swap her nexus with my phone? She said that the nexus dont have a middle button, but s2 have.. So, she want to swap with me...
5th September 2012, 03:12 PM |#109  
Quote:
Originally Posted by pijiey2

Hello, i have a Galaxy S2g, i just want to ask, it is worth, that my friend want to swap her nexus with my phone? She said that the nexus dont have a middle button, but s2 have.. So, she want to swap with me...

Imho, yes! Well, galaxy s2 is great. but for me, gnex is greater. Gnex has a good xda community and unlike the s2, it is fully supported by Google. Means, Gnex would probably be the first phone to have any new android version release officially by Google. So yeah, go for the Gnex.

Sent from my Pro using xda premium
5th September 2012, 07:45 PM |#110  

More
help
hello,i have bought a new mobile phone(lg optimus l5),but i do not find any custom rom for my mew device,could someone help me please???

Thanks
5th September 2012, 10:56 PM |#111  
Flag Bechah Gerda
Thanks Meter: 73

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DokaponKingdom

Imho, yes! Well, galaxy s2 is great. but for me, gnex is greater. Gnex has a good xda community and unlike the s2, it is fully supported by Google. Means, Gnex would probably be the first phone to have any new android version release officially by Google. So yeah, go for the Gnex.

Sent from my Pro using xda premium

Ooo... hehe, thanks bro for ur opinion, now i can decide what best for me,
Thanks you very much for ur time,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)