CM 10.2 for Canadian Optimus G (E973/E971)

Search This thread

metal_god69

Nov 26, 2011
Regina
So just to clarify....I'm rooted and unlocked on E97310h software, so I would need to revert back to E97310f, root, unlock then install cm10.1?

thanks

bryanlimy

Nov 8, 2011
Toronto
www.trackieprofile.com
Great ROM, I love it!
Hope capacities buttons will works soon:)

I wanna know is LTE tethering working?
I installed it on my E971 with Fido LTE. It works when I was in stock, but when I flash this ROM, LTE tethering is not working, 3G tethering is working tho.
Thanks;)

sent from my E971 Optimus G

dspot

Nov 4, 2007
First off, big thanks to chadouming and crew, your work is apprecated. I just installed on a Rogers E-971 and works great as described. The only strage thing ive noticed is the drivers to connect to PC seem to no longer work. Im able to connect in camera(PTP) mode but not Media Device(MTP). I re-installed LG United drives with no luck. Any ideas? I hope no one eles has metioned this, I did look :)
Keep up the great work, thank again bro

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
First off, big thanks to chadouming and crew, your work is apprecated. I just installed on a Rogers E-971 and works great as described. The only strage thing ive noticed is the drivers to connect to PC seem to no longer work. Im able to connect in camera(PTP) mode but not Media Device(MTP). I re-installed LG United drives with no luck. Any ideas? I hope no one eles has metioned this, I did look :)
Keep up the great work, thank again bro

You must install nexus 4 driver :p

Reactions: dspot

brownsmell

Jun 21, 2011
WiFi Tethering is working, posting this from my laptop while tethered.

Wifi Tethering to 3g is not working for me. I can see the e971's hotspot and connect to it from my laptop but there is no internet access. I am using the provider speakout which requires a proxy to be set on the laptop.

Data works, wifi works, but tethering doesnt work. Tethering was working on stock.

Last edited:

panoulil

Aug 15, 2011
Tethering over H+ is working fine but not over LTE. I found a forum post for the Nexus 4 that likely applies to our phone too.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2044870&page=2

This is simply not true. I have it working right now: tether over LTE on my Nexus4 on Rogers.

If you log in to the phone via ADB and as root (either via "adb root" command, or via "su" from the shell) execute the commands listed here the tethering will work. Test it yourself.

If you want a persistent fix you have two options:

1) If you have a custom kernel installed, create a script in /system/etc/init.d that executes the commands from the post above (don't forget to set the permissions to executable!).

2) Install a program like Script Manager from the market, create a script using the commands from the post above, and tell it to execute the script at startup with root permissions.

Currently I'm running a rooted stock ROM with stock kernel, so I'm using Script Manager, and it's working perfectly.

Here's the script I'm using right now:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
iptables -A bw_FORWARD -i !lo+
iptables -A natctrl_FORWARD -j RETURN -i rmnet+ -o wlan0 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
iptables -A natctrl_FORWARD -j DROP -i wlan0 -o rmnet+ -m state --state INVALID
iptables -A natctrl_FORWARD -j RETURN -i wlan0 -o rmnet+
iptables -A natctrl_FORWARD -j DROP
iptables -A natctrl_nat_POSTROUTING -t nat -o rmnet+ -j MASQUERADE

I do not have LTE at work so I cannot test right now. If someone hasn't tried it out by the time I get home I will give it a go tonight. As the Nexus 4 doesn't officially suport LTE it makes sense that they do not have the proper settings in the firewall.

Chad/Thracky: If this works can you guys include a script in /system/etc/init.d that sets this automatically?

Reactions: brownsmell

brownsmell

Jun 21, 2011
Thanks for your reply panoulil. That is for LTE it says, I only need 3g tethering. You said H+ tethering is working, should that be the same as 3g? Others here said it works for them out of the box so I am trying to figure out what is different for me. I'll try this solution you posted though if I cannot find a simpler method, would be nice if it will stick when I upgrade roms.

I need to use a http proxy from my provider to tether to my data connection. Maybe it is a routing problem with the rom, probably this is something obscure that got overlooked.

Last edited:

thracky

Apr 23, 2008
Mississauga
LTE tethering works fine for me on Telus E973.

No changes required.

Also, I have no signal issues with LTE, signal is roughly identical to what I had on stock.

Last edited:

brunswick000

Apr 16, 2010
Kingston, ON
So I went into APN settings and selected the appropriate profile for LTE. It seems to work but it's a bit doggy compared to stock, which worked flawlessly. I also get a much weaker signal and it seems to drop the signal all together at times. When this happens it also seems to get stuck trying to switch back to 3g/H+, and I end up having to toggle data on and off to get my signal back.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda premium

brownsmell

Jun 21, 2011
seems to get stuck trying to switch back to 3g/H+, and I end up having to toggle data on and off to get my signal back.
I notice the 3g/H+ switching as well. Maybe that was what bumped off my tethering before I could get it sending data. I dont have LTE. Maybe try turning off LTE to test if u have the same problem brunswick.

Update: Nope, that wasnt the problem with my tethering issue. I get the yellow exclamation mark on my wifi icon saying no internet access. I can ping the phone and I manually put in DNS servers. For some reason the phone is not routing the traffic from my laptop over the data connection. My data service only allows port 80 and 443 and uses a proxy.

Last edited:

panoulil

Aug 15, 2011
LTE tethering works fine for me on Telus E973.

No changes required.

Interesting. I didn't get a chance to test last night but LTE tethering definitely wasn't working the night before and it works perfectly fine on H+. I will give it a go tonight and post my results.

EDIT:
I swapped my APN to Bell Flex (inet.bell.ca). Will see if that helps.

brunswick000

Apr 16, 2010
Kingston, ON
I notice the 3g/H+ switching as well. Maybe that was what bumped off my tethering before I could get it sending data. I dont have LTE. Maybe try turning off LTE to test if u have the same problem brunswick.

Update: Nope, that wasnt the problem with my tethering issue. I get the yellow exclamation mark on my wifi icon saying no internet access. I can ping the phone and I manually put in DNS servers. For some reason the phone is not routing the traffic from my laptop over the data connection. My data service only allows port 80 and 443 and uses a proxy.

I initially did not have the LTE APN profile selected, so the first thing I tried was that. It seemed to work ok. However, when I move to a place where LTE coverage was weak it fails to switch to 3g/H+ and because of that I have little to no data connection. So I toggle off LTE and then I have no connection to data at all. I end up having to toggle data of and on again, wait 10 seconds or so and then it reconnects. And then sometimes, not always, after moving back to an area with strong LTE coverage of I toggle LTE back on I still have no connection. All of this being said I am still impressed with the build as an alpha. This bug, and the capacitive buttons really seem to be the only issues I've experienced. I don't need tethering so I can't comment on that. Still serving me well as a daily driver.

panoulil

Aug 15, 2011
LINK REMOVED

Is this going to change your plans at all? If the bugs get worked it will it make more sense to just change our phone into a Nexus? Does this even apply to our phones yet?

Interesting either way.

EDIT:
Nevermind. It's insane that they would release this publicly with so many idiots roaming the forums. I really hope development isn't going that route, I think most people would prefer a native OS like you guys are building.

Thanks,

Last edited:

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
LINK REMOVED

Is this going to change your plans at all? If the bugs get worked it will it make more sense to just change our phone into a Nexus? Does this even apply to our phones yet?

Interesting either way.

EDIT:
Nevermind. It's insane that they would release this publicly with so many idiots roaming the forums. I really hope development isn't going that route, I think most people would prefer a native OS like you guys are building.

Thanks,

I am one of the people against that kind of things. Here is a few reasons:

1st Has you said, there is so many ****tards on XDA nowaday that it's not a good idea to release software that can remap all the partitions on your phone. Specially when doing so can brick your phone in about 3 seconds.

2nd You phone is not a nexus 4. No matter how you want to believe it, it is not. There is a lot of differences. Mostly small difference, but a ton of small difference.

3rd This is not a revolutionnary discovery. We could do that long ago, that's even how shelnutt2 and IOMonster got to unlock and root our phone. The thing is they studied what would need to be changed to keep our phone "stock" and yet be unlocked. They spent a lot of time just to figure out what was safe to flash for them and more, for xda average user.

4th Why would you want to have your phone in a nexus 4 ? Basically our phone should be better.

So on that, i believe average user should not even try that cause screwing bad your device is easy. Specifically, it's useless on our phone (canadian) since we can run nexus 4 rom in a stock way. No need to flash nexus 4 partition scheme.

On another, i still dont have my phone, but i'm working on capacitive key. Thracky and houstonn are working with me on this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, This is a continuation of the CM 10.1 nightlies thread. Things has been moving on and we are now at CM 10.2. I have been working with xboxfanj, houstonn and bbelos to bring you this. Again, this is based on mako with adapted change for optimus G. This time we are even more in sync with CAF (Code Aurora Forum).

What is working
    Everything.

What is not working

You tell me.

Here are the repo needed for our devices :

https://github.com/TeamPlaceHolder

Of course, you have to be rooted, to have bootloader unlocked and a working recovery to flash this custom rom.

DO NOT FLASH NEXUS 4 KENEL MADE BY 3rd PARTY. THIS WILL MOSTLY PERMA BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

This is simply because people tend to use partition number and not by-name and our partition is different than nexus 4 ones. i.e. The rpm partition on our phone is the boot partition on nexus 4. So flashing a custom kernel will flash a boot.img in your rpm partition and then you are bricked. You have been warned.

Like usually, i can't be hold responsible if you damage your phone during any of the process described in this thread.

Thracky and houstonn who also works with me on this.

xplodwild
    codeworkx
    IOMonster
    sk8erwitskil
    faux123
    dvhexer
    Cyanogenmod Team

and a special thanks to shelnutt2 who shown me how to fix 3G
    and juggie who found out the good file to change to get wifi working
    Download

All the downloads will go here :

ribs.bbqdroid.org

Use geeb package

Gapps package :

http://goo.im/gapps

Modem :

There is a newer modem now available (From JB update. Houstonn and I extracted each of them and made flashable so you don't need to do the painful process of kdz only to get a new baseband)

MAKE SURE TO NOT FLASH KOREAN MODEM.

http://downloads.codefi.re/houstonn/lgog/modem
    How to intall that rom ?

This require you to have TWRP or CWM already installed on your device. I recommand the former. On our device, this mainly mean you have rooted your phone and unlocked the bootloader.

Apparently, it seems these instruction where not clear enough. So I'll try to make them dumbproof. If you are not following these instruction and it doesnt work, dont expect support. It's like buying a cake mix where you only need to add milk and call the company saying their product is bull****, you added water and only got a brick. To add to this metaphor, Asking if it's because you used CWM instead of twrp or reverse is like saying : Did it didnt work because i used a fork instead of a whip to mix it ?

To flash this rom, you have to be on older Bootloader. You can alternatively flash the bootloader i linked in this thread. Read the post carefully before you flash.

1. Download file in the download section.
    2. Put the rom AND the gapps on your internal SDCard.
    3. Reboot into recovery.
    4. Flash CM rom.
    5. Flash Gapps package.
    6. DO A FACTORY RESET (EMPHASIS HERE)
    7. reboot into system
    There is a new build up. It has fixed bluetooth and has latest cm changes.

Is there ANY WAY you can add to this the changes in faux123's Nexus 4 kernel (see here http://rootzwiki.com/topic/36722-kernellinux-340-makojbuvoctuncifsv001-nov-30/#entry1032460) to reduce the horrible msm_hsic_host wakelock battery drain?

You sir, deserve a punch in the face. Come on. We are not at optimizing things. I'm still trying to figure out what is working or not. This is really stupid.

Note to all other user : I WILL NOT ACCEPT FEATURE BEFORE EVERY PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN SOLVED.

on a related note to your question, if you would have read carefully, you would have seen that i already use faux123 kernel . . .
    Anyway, this is not going to be the case soon.