Make touchwiz less horrible?

Search This thread

atticusmas

Feb 26, 2011
Behind you
So, as we all know, touchwiz is pretty bad. Horrible blue, terrible green, amazingly horrible notification panel, etc. Wanam Xposed helps with this and gives you tons of control over touchwiz and hopefully makes it less ugly. Has anybody used it? What settings did you use, specifically for the notification panel would be nice. I'm having trouble finding a good balance and making the panel less ugly. Thanks.

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
Nothing much you can do to change it. Minor cosmetic changes maybe, but nothing more.

Jonho77

Jul 7, 2014
I have put 8 icons in each row. As you I can't find a good balanced scheme of colours.
Also it's very useful adding applications to multiwindow...

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
So, as we all know, touchwiz is pretty bad. Horrible blue, terrible green, amazingly horrible notification panel, etc. Wanam Xposed helps with this and gives you tons of control over touchwiz and hopefully makes it less ugly. Has anybody used it? What settings did you use, specifically for the notification panel would be nice. I'm having trouble finding a good balance and making the panel less ugly. Thanks.

There are now hundreds of millions of happy (and returning) Samsung users content with TouchWiz. The "we all know" are in the very insignificant minority that Samsung doesn't even bother to notice ;) Sales $$ talk .

Why not back things up, try for yourself and report back. That would be useful to those "we all know" lol :p

You could post what works and what doesn't along with screen shots :)

le0.br4zuc4

Jun 8, 2010
Boca Raton, FL
I like touchwiz too, I even like the launcher (I must be crazy I know) but if the stock touchwiz launcher allowed to change the icon pack easily, I'd use it daily

Sent from some Android device running a custom ROM

I like touchwiz too, I even like the launcher (I must be crazy I know) but if the stock touchwiz launcher allowed to change the icon pack easily, I'd use it daily

Xperiacle has granted your wish... look for his galaxy icon themer app... you can change the icon as you like it.

ejyqyqe5.jpg

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

eousphoros

Feb 8, 2010
San Francisco
There are now hundreds of millions of happy (and returning) Samsung users content with TouchWiz. The "we all know" are in the very insignificant minority that Samsung doesn't even bother to notice ;) Sales $$ talk .

Why not back things up, try for yourself and report back. That would be useful to those "we all know" lol :p

Correlation != causation, just because these devices and have touchwiz does not by that data alone mean that touchwiz is what drives those sales.

I personally bought this tablet solely for the screen and form factor.

Reactions: tieffenentzerrer

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Correlation != causation, just because these devices and have touchwiz does not by that data alone mean that touchwiz is what drives those sales.

I did not imply that at all...............

The OP was generalising "we all know" as being the majority of users......

I implied that the overwhelming majority are happy with the product as it is "out of the box", that includes TW !! Why on else do they have hundreds of millions of returning customers............... Most people I know are "Average Joe" and are not interested in anything except what is working out of the box. "Average Joes" are who make Samsung the $$.

They have tried various developer devices with "pure" Android, such as SGS4 Google Play Edition (test the market), bottom line is that it just doesn't sell :) "Average Joe" wants a full featured skinned device, not a skimmed down OS version.

Customizations found on the net and installable from Google Play etc aren't even considered by companies as big as Samsung. They build for the masses, not the minority niche market. That's why we have XDA and such for minority, and that includes myself :)

Last edited:
Reactions: thunderwagn

thunderwagn

Sep 26, 2010
Loveland, Colorado
Agreed. I guess i don't know how bad TouchWiz really is lol. I like the blues. I like the greens, and i like the functionality the launcher offers. .. also i think Samsung did a great job with TouchWiz on the tab s. Bit of a head scratcher to me why you buy a $500 device with functionality you don't like, and just assuming everyone else feels the same way.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

eousphoros

Feb 8, 2010
San Francisco

I implied that the overwhelming majority are happy with the product as it is "out of the box", that includes TW !! Why on else do they have hundreds of millions of returning customers............... Most people I know are "Average Joe" and are not interested in anything except what is working out of the box. "Average Joes" are who make Samsung the $$.

They have tried various developer devices with "pure" Android, such as SGS4 Google Play Edition (test the market), bottom line is that it just doesn't sell :) "Average Joe" wants a full featured skinned device, not a skimmed down OS version.

Customizations found on the net and installable from Google Play etc aren't even considered by companies as big as Samsung. They build for the masses, not the minority niche market. That's why we have XDA and such for minority, and that includes myself :)

Maybe it is just the reality distortion field I live in here in the bay area, but no one I know with a Samsung device is running the stock ROM.

Fwiw, that was a decent straw man rebuttal but a straw man none the less.

And wow @thunderwagn, never thought I would see a post like that here on xda.

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Maybe it is just the reality distortion field I live in here in the bay area, but no one I know with a Samsung device is running the stock ROM.

Fwiw, that was a decent straw man rebuttal but a straw man none the less.

And wow @thunderwagn, never thought I would see a post like that here on xda.

None the less - true ;)

My work takes me to all parts of the globe working with many cultures and nationalities where "Average Joe" is seen to be in abundance. ;) Love the work, hate the travel. ....

eousphoros

Feb 8, 2010
San Francisco
None the less - true ;)

My work takes me to all parts of the globe working with many cultures and nationalities where "Average Joe" is seen to be in abundance. ;) Love the work, hate the travel. ....

Without a statistically relevant study you can't say its true, just as I can't say its false. Both our arguments rely upon our experience and is quite vulnerable to confirmation bias.

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Without a statistically relevant study you can't say its true, just as I can't say its false. Both our arguments rely upon our experience and is quite vulnerable to confirmation bias.

My well travelled life experience tells otherwise. If you hang with a certain crowd, only one particular view is all you'll see. If you diversify, you'll see the much bigger picture ;)

You don't need to work in the Samsung Marketing Dept to see that stats really do tell a story. .... out of the box features (including TW) = sales = $$ . Bottom line is that if TW was that "horrible" and hated so much by the "we all know", they wouldn't have grown (in the mobile market) as they have. :)

Last edited:

eousphoros

Feb 8, 2010
San Francisco
My well travelled life experience tells otherwise. If you hang with a certain crowd, only one particular view is all you'll see. If you diversify, you'll see the much bigger picture ;)

You don't need to work in the Samsung Marketing Dept to see that stats really do tell a story. .... out of the box features (including TW) = sales = $$ . Bottom line is that if TW was that "horrible" and hated so much by the "we all know", they wouldn't have grown (in the mobile market) as they have. :)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Sales stats don't argue anything other then the device marketing and a certain subset of features are desirable.

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
And youre ignoring mine.

Mate, I can see that you are in an argumentative mood and there's no point in continuing a discussion on this subject with you.

We all have our own opinion, but mine is backed up by an extremely diverse and well travelled life experience working in different fields, environments, global location and culture. As I implied, if you move out of the circle your in (and comfort zone), you'll see why things and what things really are. ;)

eousphoros

Feb 8, 2010
San Francisco
Mate, I can see that you are in an argumentative mood and there's no point in continuing a discussion on this subject with you.

We all have our own opinion, but mine is backed up by an extremely diverse and well travelled life experience working in different fields, environments, global location and culture. As I implied, if you move out of the circle your in (and comfort zone), you'll see why things and what things really are. ;)

No I just believe either you have an agenda and are trying to manipulate public opinion purely based upon your "well traveled" experience or you have your head so far into one side of the scale that belief is clouding your ability to think about this subjectively. The attempts to discredit me just proves how weak your position has become at the end of this discussion.

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
No I just believe either you have an agenda and are trying to manipulate public opinion purely based upon your "well traveled" experience or you have your head so far into one side of the scale that belief is clouding your ability to think about this subjectively. The attempts to discredit me just proves how weak your position has become at the end of this discussion.

Show me the where I have attempted to discredit you !

I explained how what lead to my opinion and why I have an ability to think outside the box and correlate OTHER user opinion and feedback from an extremely diverse cross-section. That's all !

You have done neither. .....

If you feel I have discredited you in any way, Mods will take care of things ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Xperiacle has granted your wish... look for his galaxy icon themer app... you can change the icon as you like it.

ejyqyqe5.jpg

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk