[ROM] ICELite BETA2 | AOSP 4.0.3 | FAST & CLEAN | 23/04/2012

Search This thread

zdzihu

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2008
Hi guys,

Here's the first release of the ROM I've been working on for some time now. This ROM is based on SEMC framework for compatibility (data connection etc), but introduces fully debranded system. ICELite is designed to be fast, lightweight and stable ROM ready for everyday's use. As usual, this is a BETA release, and I'm not responsible for any herp in case of derp or durr.

ICELite beta2

scaled.php

Summary:
This ROM is a pure AOSP experience without any bloatware. If you need Timescape/Whateverscape, please use the SEMC ICS beta ROM. I am not taking any feature requests - this is going to be barebone Android 4.0.3 without any addons. If you need battery mod/wallpaper/xyz support - please click here

Features:
- Wifi Direct app
- latest Trebuchet launcher
- 0%-battery friendly
- HDMI + FM Radio
- gapps base included (you may download all neccessary Google App from the market)

Bugs/Issues:
- I haven't had enough time to port AOSP incall screen, so I included my custom one (thanks SEMC)

Tips:
- setting animation scale to 0.5x (or even disable if you don't need eyecandy) improves overall speed/smoothness a lot

Howto:
- download
- unpack
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- flash update.zip via recovery

This ROM is tested (and works fine) with ICS BASEBAND (70+). You may experience various problems using different baseband!

Changelog:
- beta2: ported beta1 changes to the official ICS release, latest stock kernel with 0% workaround.
- hotfix2a: minor fix for GPS force close
- hotfix2: restored Live Wallpaper Picker, restored statusbar clock color, fixed lags when entering settings, hopefully fixed incall button issues
- hotfix1: fixed FM Radio FC, fixed pt_BR language, included new Wifi modules

Doomlord :D, FXP(J), Bin4ry, all Xperia developers

Kernel: boot-ICELite-beta2.img

ROM: ICELite_zdzihu_beta2.zip

Cheers,
z

Last edited:

dinesh690

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 9, 2011
UK
This is a amazing :) really fast and zippy with v6, finally a stock ROM experience which we didnt have with Gingerbread and ICS is out for two days and we already have one for ICS. Best of both worlds- SEMC and ICS ;) Working bug free atm, thank you :)

h25p

Dec 27, 2011
Cologne
Thank you mate. This morning I thought, why couldn't I have a clean ICS ROM on my ARC like I have on my mediapad.

And here we are :)

Install was flawlessly, so far everythings works fine, fast and clean.

Again, thank you!

refract

Jan 9, 2011
This might be the thing that finally forces me to unlock bootloader and stuff.

Is that "Not working/Bug list" complete ?

DerEineDa

Aug 3, 2010
I am assuming that we sacrifice some camera features when using this rom. Am I right?

Otherwise this looks extremely interesting, thank you very much!

Sent from my LT18i using XDA App

Kyraa

May 23, 2011
Dresden
Sound excellent! I'm currently using Arconium ICS, which is very nice. But there is nothing better than vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich. I'll flash it and report back. Thank you for all the work that went into this ROM!

DemonicHawk

Jul 16, 2010
Loaded this, definitely feels much faster than the official beta. Also obviously much more consistent UI. Haven't run into any problems so far, thanks for the hard work!

rashid.fairus

Dec 6, 2011
Klang
ow no..im just flashing se beta,now I MUST flash this,its AOSP,and ice ui,my arc going crazy,thanks mate!!DOWNLOADING......
from my I.See.Ass for ARC

brian85

Jan 19, 2011
So this is real ICS with hardware acceleration and all that? Because it seems like other stock ICS roms were choppy without hardware acceleration.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

And what are the steps to do this? Back up my current rom in clockwork, then flash the boot.img, then go back to clocwork and wipe data/cache, then flash update.zip?

Or will wiping data/cache mess with the boot.img I just flashed? Sorry, I'm just new to the xperia hacking. Previous phones didn't require fastboot or anything.

hemo1001

Dec 9, 2008
Riyadh
Awesome .... Thanks alot Z.

Can please someone post the score of any benchmarking software ... like quadrant or SQL ... Stock rom is slow comparing with GB even with removing SE apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Here's the first release of the ROM I've been working on for some time now. This ROM is based on SEMC framework for compatibility (data connection etc), but introduces fully debranded system. ICELite is designed to be fast, lightweight and stable ROM ready for everyday's use. As usual, this is a BETA release, and I'm not responsible for any herp in case of derp or durr.

ICELite beta2

scaled.php

Summary:
    This ROM is a pure AOSP experience without any bloatware. If you need Timescape/Whateverscape, please use the SEMC ICS beta ROM. I am not taking any feature requests - this is going to be barebone Android 4.0.3 without any addons. If you need battery mod/wallpaper/xyz support - please click here

Features:
    - Wifi Direct app
    - latest Trebuchet launcher
    - 0%-battery friendly
    - HDMI + FM Radio
    - gapps base included (you may download all neccessary Google App from the market)

Bugs/Issues:
    - I haven't had enough time to port AOSP incall screen, so I included my custom one (thanks SEMC)

Tips:
    - setting animation scale to 0.5x (or even disable if you don't need eyecandy) improves overall speed/smoothness a lot

Howto:
    - download
    - unpack
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img
    - flash update.zip via recovery

This ROM is tested (and works fine) with ICS BASEBAND (70+). You may experience various problems using different baseband!

Changelog:
    - beta2: ported beta1 changes to the official ICS release, latest stock kernel with 0% workaround.
    - hotfix2a: minor fix for GPS force close
    - hotfix2: restored Live Wallpaper Picker, restored statusbar clock color, fixed lags when entering settings, hopefully fixed incall button issues
    - hotfix1: fixed FM Radio FC, fixed pt_BR language, included new Wifi modules

Doomlord :D, FXP(J), Bin4ry, all Xperia developers

Kernel: boot-ICELite-beta2.img

Cheers,
    z
    Hi guys,

Sorry there's been no updates since hotfix2, but my Arc is suffering from hardware fault. The "back" button seems to be always-pressed, which renders phone very hard to use (it automatically closes most of the apps I start, disconnects my calls after a second etc).

I'll try to disassemble it and hopefully fix the issue when I have some spare time. The development is NOT ceased.

Cheers,
    z
    ICELite beta2

Hi guys,

I haven't fixed my back button issue yet, but found a nice software workaround that makes phone more-or-less usable.

Here's work-in-progress build of ICELite, based on official ICS release. Since it's not tested much and barely optimized, I still consider it beta release.

I've been short on time lately, so I mostly ported beta1 changes to official ICS, added 0% workaround to stock kernel (and some minor stuff). Hopefully I'll get some more spare time to optimize the rom / cut off more bloatware soon. So far, tested for 24h without any random reboots.

For better experience, set your animation scale to 0.5x/0.5x in dev settings!

kernel: boot-ICELite-beta2.img

Cheers,
    z
    Facebook sync / accound add is a generic ICS issue - you need to google for available workarounds.

Also, here's the hotfix1:

- fixed FM Radio force close
    - fixed pt_BR language causing constant force closes
    - included new Wifi modules which may (or may not) fix some wifi related problems

Download: ICELite_beta1_hotfix1.zip

Cheers,
    z
    Hi,

Thanks for the feedback :) I am trying to investigate the issues mentioned in thread.

- problems with Setup Wizard (changing language = FC etc): just go throught it ASAP and you will be fine. I'll try to replace it wil less problematic version.

- Wifi problems - to be honest I don't have any, but I'll try to use different modules and check link quality and such

- touch-to-focus misaligned - I am working on it, seems to be just an app issue.

P.S.: I hope it has the "U MAD?" bootlogo/bootanimation
    Certainly :D

Cheers,
    z