[ROM] ICELite BETA2 | AOSP 4.0.3 | FAST & CLEAN | 23/04/2012

Search This thread

brian85

Jan 19, 2011
no,just follow the usual instruction and you'll be fine..

edit:im saying "fine",but not taking responsible if anything turn bad,think 1st

At what point do I wipe data/cache in clockwork though? that's mainly the part I don't understand?

After flashing the boot.img, do I wipe data in clockwork, and then flash the update.zip through clockwork?

adrianom

Oct 14, 2011
Florianópolis
zdzihu,

Yours ROM is the best ICS that I test on Arc, is fast, clean and everything work. Thanks.

However I had a problem. I'm from Brazil and when I change the language to Portuguese of Brazil (or another without being English), the interface crash, is repeatedly giving the message that the interface was closed.

Do you have any idea what might be?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: ALIRAFAAT

sminki

Feb 18, 2012
hard shoulders of reality
Awesome .... Thanks alot Z.

Can please someone post the score of any benchmarking software ... like quadrant or SQL ... Stock rom is slow comparing with GB even with removing SE apps.

On my LT18i ---
Code:
quadrant standard   

[B][FONT="Courier New"][COLOR="Navy"]ICELite BETA1[/COLOR]           [COLOR="Navy"] SE ICS BETA[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"]Total:[/COLOR] 1135              [COLOR="Indigo"]Total:[/COLOR] 1283
[COLOR="Indigo"]CPU: [/COLOR]1972                [COLOR="Indigo"]CPU:[/COLOR] 2695
[COLOR="Indigo"]Mem:[/COLOR] 1199                [COLOR="Indigo"]Mem:[/COLOR] 1326
[COLOR="Indigo"]I/O: [/COLOR]807                 [COLOR="Indigo"]I/O:[/COLOR] 823
[COLOR="Indigo"]2D:[/COLOR] 278                  [COLOR="Indigo"]2D:[/COLOR] 327    
[COLOR="Indigo"]3D:[/COLOR] 1420                 [COLOR="Indigo"]3D: [/COLOR]1246[/FONT][/B]

---

NenaMark2

25.2fps                   26.3fps

Thanks zdzihu - over all it is working well. For some reason the first boot hung on your boot-splash screen. I re installed exactly the same zip and then everything worked, looking good mate! :D

Last edited:

brian85

Jan 19, 2011
When you flash boot.img, does that automatically wipe your data and any rom you were running previously?

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

Great rom! Only thing I've noticed is the camera doesn't focus properly. When you touch to focus, it will focus only on the bottom half of the image.

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

Also getting very slow data speeds. And wifi won't connect, says "authentication failed."

Love this rom though. Great job.

brian85

Jan 19, 2011

Everything works from what I've seen...now that I've wiped data properly.

My wifi works now too!

Oh! Google Chrome doesn't work for some reason. Installs just fine, but then an error message pops up and says "google chrome only supports android 4.0 and above." We are running 4.0.3 with this rom though, so I don't get it.

*boy*racer*

Jan 11, 2011
Everything works from what I've seen...now that I've wiped data properly.

My wifi works now too!

Oh! Google Chrome doesn't work for some reason. Installs just fine, but then an error message pops up and says "google chrome only supports android 4.0 and above." We are running 4.0.3 with this rom though, so I don't get it.

Yes don't update google chrome to the latest update. It ****s it up. Luckily enough, I was able to un install the update

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium

brian85

Jan 19, 2011
Is hardware acceleration in this rom? Reason I ask is because some apps don't scroll smooth like they did in the Sony ics beta.

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App

DemonicHawk

Jul 16, 2010
I posted this in the official ICS thread, but I'll post it here again for those of you that want the latest chrome beta:

Here is how I fixed it: Back up your build.prop, and find the line for ro.build.id and change the value to IML74K. Reboot. Enjoy new Chrome update.

I haven't found that the change breaks anything.

Also, scrolling in chrome is noticeably faster in this ROM compared to the official beta.

Nimche

Dec 5, 2008
San Diego, CA
zdzihu,
Thanks for coming back, after selling my X10 i thought you will be missed since you dis-appeared but now happy to find you again.

doomed151

Dec 5, 2009
It's good to see you here, zdzihu. You were awesome back during my X10 times.

Anyways, I'm currently downloading it and will report once I've tested it. Let's hope this one doesn't have the WiFi problem I get with the official beta.

EDIT: WiFi is still kinda buggy. It stays connected fine but times out too often (doesn't respond; net stays idle).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Here's the first release of the ROM I've been working on for some time now. This ROM is based on SEMC framework for compatibility (data connection etc), but introduces fully debranded system. ICELite is designed to be fast, lightweight and stable ROM ready for everyday's use. As usual, this is a BETA release, and I'm not responsible for any herp in case of derp or durr.

ICELite beta2

scaled.php

Summary:
    This ROM is a pure AOSP experience without any bloatware. If you need Timescape/Whateverscape, please use the SEMC ICS beta ROM. I am not taking any feature requests - this is going to be barebone Android 4.0.3 without any addons. If you need battery mod/wallpaper/xyz support - please click here

Features:
    - Wifi Direct app
    - latest Trebuchet launcher
    - 0%-battery friendly
    - HDMI + FM Radio
    - gapps base included (you may download all neccessary Google App from the market)

Bugs/Issues:
    - I haven't had enough time to port AOSP incall screen, so I included my custom one (thanks SEMC)

Tips:
    - setting animation scale to 0.5x (or even disable if you don't need eyecandy) improves overall speed/smoothness a lot

Howto:
    - download
    - unpack
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img
    - flash update.zip via recovery

This ROM is tested (and works fine) with ICS BASEBAND (70+). You may experience various problems using different baseband!

Changelog:
    - beta2: ported beta1 changes to the official ICS release, latest stock kernel with 0% workaround.
    - hotfix2a: minor fix for GPS force close
    - hotfix2: restored Live Wallpaper Picker, restored statusbar clock color, fixed lags when entering settings, hopefully fixed incall button issues
    - hotfix1: fixed FM Radio FC, fixed pt_BR language, included new Wifi modules

Doomlord :D, FXP(J), Bin4ry, all Xperia developers

Kernel: boot-ICELite-beta2.img

ROM: ICELite_zdzihu_beta2.zip

Cheers,
    z
    Hi guys,

Sorry there's been no updates since hotfix2, but my Arc is suffering from hardware fault. The "back" button seems to be always-pressed, which renders phone very hard to use (it automatically closes most of the apps I start, disconnects my calls after a second etc).

I'll try to disassemble it and hopefully fix the issue when I have some spare time. The development is NOT ceased.

Cheers,
    z
    ICELite beta2

Hi guys,

I haven't fixed my back button issue yet, but found a nice software workaround that makes phone more-or-less usable.

Here's work-in-progress build of ICELite, based on official ICS release. Since it's not tested much and barely optimized, I still consider it beta release.

I've been short on time lately, so I mostly ported beta1 changes to official ICS, added 0% workaround to stock kernel (and some minor stuff). Hopefully I'll get some more spare time to optimize the rom / cut off more bloatware soon. So far, tested for 24h without any random reboots.

For better experience, set your animation scale to 0.5x/0.5x in dev settings!

kernel: boot-ICELite-beta2.img

ROM: ICELite_zdzihu_beta2.zip

Cheers,
    z
    Facebook sync / accound add is a generic ICS issue - you need to google for available workarounds.

Also, here's the hotfix1:

- fixed FM Radio force close
    - fixed pt_BR language causing constant force closes
    - included new Wifi modules which may (or may not) fix some wifi related problems

Download: ICELite_beta1_hotfix1.zip

Cheers,
    z
    Hi,

Thanks for the feedback :) I am trying to investigate the issues mentioned in thread.

- problems with Setup Wizard (changing language = FC etc): just go throught it ASAP and you will be fine. I'll try to replace it wil less problematic version.

- Wifi problems - to be honest I don't have any, but I'll try to use different modules and check link quality and such

- touch-to-focus misaligned - I am working on it, seems to be just an app issue.

P.S.: I hope it has the "U MAD?" bootlogo/bootanimation
    Certainly :D

Cheers,
    z