FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Mugen Power 1800mAh battery for htc mozart

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By judd5000, Junior Member on 11th May 2011, 05:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just started using a mugen power extended battery and am getting a lot more use out of the handset, haven't cycled it the recommended 5 times either, so expecting a little more juice as time goes on!Recommended!
The Following User Says Thank You to judd5000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift judd5000 Ad-Free

31st May 2011, 01:19 PM |#2  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi judd5000

Good to hear !
I have ordered the 1800 mAh battery from Mugen, hope it will arrive soon.
As soon as I get it performing properly after the correct cycles, I will post my feedback along with phone settings used.

cyb0tr0n
22nd June 2011, 12:13 PM |#3  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 4

More
i hope this battery would fix the problem of original battery
22nd June 2011, 05:16 PM |#4  

More
I got mine yesterday - even the residual power in it got me through a whole night with GPS on and two email accounts checking once an hour. So far today after first full charge the battery has dropped a little since this morning but is still at about 80% and has been so for at least 2 hours. This is with light to medium use, though I did go out for an hour or so and had to switch from wi-fi to 3G, and I live in a terrible signal area that kills batteries, so so far I'm impressed. If it improves even more with a few more conditioning cycles I think 2 days will be within reach.

Also, and why this would be I have no idea, I seem to have a slightly better signal reception too. This is probably coincidence though, so don't take too much notice of it!
23rd June 2011, 06:51 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Is this the same size as the original battery or is it bigger? If so do you need a new back cover?
23rd June 2011, 06:58 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb76

Is this the same size as the original battery or is it bigger? If so do you need a new back cover?

exactly the same size
23rd June 2011, 11:46 PM |#7  

More
Got just over 30 hours from mine today with light to moderate use, mainly on WiFi but in a bad signal area. And that's just the first charge/discharge cycle so there's more to come. Impressed!
29th June 2011, 06:17 PM |#8  

More
OK, final verdict - the Mugen 1800 mAh battery is much better than the 1300 mAh stock battery and well worth the investment. Once properly conditioned, 24 hours with moderate to heavy use was easily done (GPS on, 2 email accounts on hourly check, an hour or so of newsgroup reading, 1/2 an hour of gaming, an hour or so of web browsing, 1/2 an hour or so on the marketplace, a fair bit of texting and a 20-min phone call in a bad signal area). With fairly light use (email accounts on manual, a few texts, just the occasional 5-min check of Twitter/Facebook and brief web browsing), I've managed over 40 hours and I suspect 2 days is well within possible - I tend to leave GPS on out of habit and have brightness on auto. Knock the GPS off and have brightness on low and that'd save a bit more again.

Obviously having a smartphone you don't use a lot of the functions of isn't ideal, but if you go away for a long weekend and forget your charger, it's good to know you can make it through (if you have the right battery!).
3rd July 2011, 11:15 AM |#9  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 30

More
just ordered one.
9th August 2011, 09:54 PM |#10  
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 5

More
How much is it?

Sent from my 7 Mozart T8698 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
6th September 2011, 09:41 AM |#11  
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I bought a 2430mah Battery and han have everything turned on all day. Heavy usage equals 15-20 hours of Battery life. Will update name... I paid 22gbp british currency. http://www.ebay.com/itm/130542060176...ht_2154wt_1113

Sent from my 7 Mozart T8698 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)