[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-22-12][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-beta7]

Search This thread

StringTheory

Jan 17, 2011
Tried flashing over alpha 2, everything was screwy. Complete wipe and start from scratch worked best, as an fyi to all for what it's worth.

Sent from my Evo using Deck ICS Alpha 3.

I flashed over alpha 2 without any trouble but if you want to be sure it is always best to start from scratch.

Also anyone who has an issue with the dolphin browser, try uninstalling it. Then when you reinstall make sure you check the box to never use flash. It was the only way I could get it run.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

threestripebrand

Mar 7, 2011
Boiling Springs,NC
How's everyone's battery life?
ad894d49-1e8b-a586.jpg

sent from my nike hating evo!

M

mikevo77

This ROM is way snappier after these tweaks, so simple even I could follow the directions (pics helped......ooooo, pictures :) Thanks for them, Car and Rope!

Sent from my Evo using Deck ICS Alpha 3.

Ropodope would say your welcome but he got hosed by the moderators here.

Deckbread or Miui...what week its it, i get bored. Lee for life

coffeehandle

Apr 21, 2011
Indiana
Last edited:

djtevo4g

Nov 23, 2010
Baltimore
Yesterday

Also I'm not trying to point out bugs, just would like to know if its just me. Is anyone able to delete apps? I've tried tb and manage apps.

sent from my nike hating evo!

You should let your battery cycle a few times and then see how it is. Or you can fully charge it and go into recovery and reset bat stats. But im not having those issues at all. Did u use the gapps that is on the first page? Like i was saying. Reboot our phone and see how things go. Or maybe wipe factory data and cahe and try flasig the zips again

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

StringTheory

Jan 17, 2011
Did u try rebooting? It takes a but for the rom to "smooth out". Im not having an issue

Several times. Deleted data for the calendar app, reflashed gapps, fixed permissions, basically everything I could think of. Everything else sync's except calendar. If I log onto Google web page and check out my calendar everything is there. The phone just won't import it.

Last edited:

djtevo4g

Nov 23, 2010
Baltimore
Several times. Deleted data for the calendar app, reflashed gapps, fixed permissions, basically everything I could think of. Everything else sync's except calendar. If I log onto Google web page and check out my calendar everything is there. The phone just won't import it.

Thats so weird. Im not having that problem but my roomate has the captivate and hes having the same issue. Gotta remember its just a pre alpha rom

StringTheory

Jan 17, 2011
Thats so weird. Im not having that problem but my roomate has the captivate and hes having the same issue. Gotta remember its just a pre alpha rom

Oh I know it's pre-alpha and it is pretty amazing. I will probably wipe everything and reflash. Was hoping to avoid that but that is what alpha's and beta's are for! ;-)

tinfox

May 31, 2010
I thought power widgets/settings were going to be available via the notfication bar ala miui/cm7. Seems retro to use the old timey power control widget.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i will update this post when the time comes. for now, feel free to run any of my test builds located here:
    http://dev-host.org/users/deck/609/ics-evo
    pb7 - fixed camera preview.

enjoy,
    -deck
    Sounds good! Hardware acceleration?

yessir!

-deck
    holy mother of god please get 4g on this already! everything seems legit but that.
    *sigh*

Here's the thing. Our legacy device is not even supposed to be running ICS. ICS does NOT come with WiMax built into the framework, thus it will take someone building it from the ground up to ever be integrated. At this point, we're still in the ALPHA stages (i.e. getting everything that's supposed to work on ICS working on our device), so we're definitely not there yet. We don't even have the front camera or video working yet, nor the ICS-stock facial recognition lockscreen. Why don't we focus on getting the base running smoothly before we worry about adding things that weren't there in the first place?

Perhaps you're thinking to yourself, but the EVO 4G is a 4G device, so it's a feature that's supposed to exist on the device! That may be true, but if you're running this, you're not running the ROM your device came with, which I'm certain does have working WiMax. So, to sum up, don't expect this ROM to ever have 4G. If you can't live with that, then you'll have to move along. And if it ever DOES have WiMax, I'm sure you'll see it on the front page and then you can come back and join us.
    Thread cleaned.

Cut the crap......
    One warning, that is all.....
    This is my first post since i became a memeber here back in 2008. Everyone needs to grow some balls and man up lol no more immature sh*t :D