one XL in the uk?

Search This thread

Hunt3r.j2

Jun 6, 2011
Maybe, but there's only two possible ways:

1. You import it from a country that gets the One XL, but LTE won't work and you have to ensure that the WCDMA bands will work with your carrier.

2. A carrier in the UK gets the One XL with their LTE bands, and you get the phone that way.

senkulpa

Aug 20, 2009
Maybe, but there's only two possible ways:

1. You import it from a country that gets the One XL, but LTE won't work and you have to ensure that the WCDMA bands will work with your carrier.

2. A carrier in the UK gets the One XL with their LTE bands, and you get the phone that way.

1. WCDMA bands in the UK use 900 MHz with all carriers mainly focused on 2100 MHz, with which the One X on AT&T utilises.

2. LTE would probably come as 800 MHz (common in EU + Three's calling for their share) or 1800 MHz (If EE wins the Ofcom bid).

Hope this answers your question!

Taknarosh

Aug 6, 2009
Montreal
1. WCDMA bands in the UK use 900 MHz with all carriers mainly focused on 2100 MHz, with which the One X on AT&T utilises.

2. LTE would probably come as 800 MHz (common in EU + Three's calling for their share) or 1800 MHz (If EE wins the Ofcom bid).

Hope this answers your question!

But, he wasn't asking a question...

fuzzmo

Aug 6, 2008
Spoke to an orange rep a few weeks ago and the one XL is on their system. They will have this version as orange will be rolling out 4G at the end of the year. That surprised me but it is true. Not sure when it will be released but orange will release the one x on April 5th.

baum01

Dec 26, 2010
Midlands
Spoke to an orange rep a few weeks ago and the one XL is on their system. They will have this version as orange will be rolling out 4G at the end of the year. That surprised me but it is true. Not sure when it will be released but orange will release the one x on April 5th.

Sure that it's on Orange UK's system? I wouldn't hold my breath for an LTE rollout too soon.

fuzzmo

Aug 6, 2008
Sure that it's on Orange UK's system? I wouldn't hold my breath for an LTE rollout too soon.

According to the rep the rollout will begin at the end of the year. It has also been widely reported in the press that Ofcom have given the go ahead for Orange to rollout 4G (which Vodafone and O2 are seriously <bleeped> about).

He didn't even know about these phones (had no idea about the One X until I had called up). He was just reading through what he had on his system. Odds are it won't be available until nearer rollout, but they are already doing work on the masts (in conjunction with work on the T-Mobile masts).

It is surprisingly (and I say this as an Orange customer who only hangs with them to get good upgrade deals) credible and I think it will happen.

Sumanji

Apr 1, 2012
Durham, NC

If true, that is great news :D

I was thinking of importing the One XL from the states, but if we get an 1800MHz 4G version before the end of the year on EE, then I will be a happy boy indeed :)

Su

lostboy42

Jun 19, 2006
Two months on, has anyone heard any more about the One XL for the UK? I see Germany is supposed to be launching this month.

juicejuice

Jul 15, 2007
Gold Coast
I know that the HTC One XL works fine in UK because I brought over my Telstra One XL last week and plugged in an O2 sim card and it just works :)

Well, I had to enter the APN details for O2 but 3G is rocking now.