{Mini/MiniPro/Active/Live}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM10 - FreeXperia Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Steph310

Jul 3, 2012
Cahors
I don't know, we will see.
But I guess FXP will concentrate on newer devices.
So maybe only bug fixing, like CM9.

I am sad especially when I see new models such as the Tipo not more powerful than our 2011 Xperia devices!
Sony had released a really good range in 2011 ...
So much so that if I wanted a small phone efficient today I could not find as nice!

Last edited:

eltonpestana

May 5, 2012
Matinhos
ASUS ROG Phone II
Please do not leave us FXP team aside. Really you guys have a wonderful job and I love my phone and so far have not seen anything compared to the line of sony xperia 2011 .... Please do not leave us with the basis CM10.

pan_pietrek

Dec 5, 2010
I recently noticed that phone will keep broadcasting SSID even after disabling wifi tether. It turned out that hostapd exits cleanly, but both wlan0 and mon.wlan0 stay up after leaving tether mode. is there some kind of a service/startup script in Android, which is executed when tethering starts/stops? if so, then where is it? I'd like to add few lines to clean this up. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Steph310

Jul 3, 2012
Cahors
Hi,

is that possible that CM10 can have this mode inbuilt with camera working fine?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1991734

Regards
Sagar

No camera doen't work and it will not work on CM10
Perhaps with CM10.1 (JB 4.2) but it seems that our Xperia 2011 devices will be abandoned and stop CM10... :crying:

About 4.2 apps, I tested all and yes, this pack works (same for apps found separately on XDA forum)
- Google: good with new features
- Music: no change
- DeskClock: Only if you like the look, and world clock ... (less features on alarm, no new analog clock widget)
- Gallery: camera not usable but good gallery feature. You need to add a new camera app (like Camera ICS or other) if you replace 4.1.2 gallery by 4.2 one
- Boot animation: if you like Nexus one.
- Fonts: On lock screen, time will take up more space in height and shifts the screen down.
- Keyboard: same Android keyboard 4.1.2 but it add Swype-like gesture typing (I prefer the excellent XperiaS keyboard)

Last edited:

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
lol. xperia miro added as new cm10 supported model by fxp.
yes its a brand spanking new model, but is hardware is way, way crappier compared to our 2011 gen yet we are now listed as legacy and most probably wont be supported anymore :/

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
we can port future updates to our devices! where is the problem? FXP leave us great base for custom builds! try thinking positively
Do I understand correctly that you are going to backport changes from CM10.1 into a custom build CM10 for all 2011 devices?

AndroidSoftmods

Nov 17, 2011
Sisak
androidsoftmods.wix.com
maybe Im not the write person for that but surely i can help in that project! we have great kernel developers, great rom cookers, great themers.. we can really make it awesome if FXP stop supporting us! look what those guys make it by him selfs! FXP abandon this device long time ago!

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
maybe Im not the write person for that but surely i can help in that project! we have great kernel developers, great rom cookers, great themers.. we can really make it awesome if FXP stop supporting us! look what those guys make it by him selfs! FXP abandon this device long time ago!
Those guys all have most of their work based on the work of FXP/CyanogenMod.
Take a look here to see how many changes there are daily and then we didn't talk about the initial merge of CM10.1 into CM10.
I have backported myself a few fixes from CM10 to CM9 and it takes quite some time to do it and to test it.

I like your optimism, but realistically seen this is not going to happen.

Jeik

Jun 27, 2011
Dublin
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi 13

I used that device.nAa was or is still in the FXP team -.-
And you need to be as good as him to make h/w encoding/decoding work on that weak device.none of the devs here arent good aa he is,NO OFFENSE!!!

Sent from my Xperia Mini using xda premium

I

icarious

Waiting for 147 which is coming out today :) . I just hope some of the major release critical bugs are fixed, then I may stick to FXP as long as I use this week old phone of mine. Else I need to look for other "in active development" alternatives like AOKP which might provider better stability and results in the near future. I don't complain FXP to surrender development of smultron or other similar devices .. Though 2011 devices had their best call in terms of performance, I think it takes a lot of work to focus on every possible device. I just wish they consider one last major upgrade to FIX all release critical bug before they leave.

AndroidSoftmods

Nov 17, 2011
Sisak
androidsoftmods.wix.com
I used that device.nAa was or is still in the FXP team -.-
And you need to be as good as him to make h/w encoding/decoding work on that weak device.none of the devs here arent good aa he is,NO OFFENSE!!!

Sent from my Xperia Mini using xda premium

I used it to until that happen!!! I know that no one in this subforum cant compare with nAa.. and doesn't have to.. we dont need something unreachable.. just to port CM10 fixes and updates to our devices in shapes of stable custom rom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts