[Q] Bootloop

Search This thread

Sushrut52

Sep 19, 2010
I recently tried to downgrade for rooting and cwm recovery.
No matter how many roms i tried (.245,.254,.287),
Nothing happens,I get stuck in bootloop.
When i flash 4.3,it flashes perfectly.
What should i do?

mrhnet

Jan 2, 2012
I didn't wipe data.I unticked all wipe partitions in flashtool.

That could be the problem. I also tried once 4.3 >> 4.1.2 without wiping data, resulted in bootloop as yours. (But going from .266 to .201 without wiping data worked). You might have to flash with the three check-boxes ticked (wipe data, cache and appslog).

Reactions: Rycon33

Sushrut52

Sep 19, 2010
But the only reason to downgrade is to backup data using cwm recovery and then root 4.3
By wiping ill lose all my data i.e. drm keys.

Reactions: Rycon33

mrhnet

Jan 2, 2012
But the only reason to downgrade is to backup data using cwm recovery and then root 4.3

That's the dilemma I also faced :D Had to start all over again.. You can try "Backup&Restore" app that comes with stock rom. But that didn't work for properly for me :(

Btw, can backup sms, contacts, etc and app apk's with 'SuperBackup' app. But it won't backup the app data.

Because your BL is locked, have to downgrade to get root and a recovery. If you unlock the BL now, that itself will wipe the data! No way out I think..

Can u think of an alternative?

**Edit - wiping data won't erase drm keys. Unlocking BL will erase it. Before unlocking, you have to backup TA partition to save the drm keys. For that we need root! Again back to the same place.. oh.

Last edited:

Sushrut52

Sep 19, 2010
That's the dilemma I also faced :D Had to start all over again.. You can try "Backup&Restore" app that comes with stock rom. But that didn't work for properly for me :(

Btw, can backup sms, contacts, etc and app apk's with 'SuperBackup' app. But it won't backup the app data.

Because your BL is locked, have to downgrade to get root and a recovery. If you unlock the BL now, that itself will wipe the data! No way out I think..

Can u think of an alternative?

**Edit - wiping data won't erase drm keys. Unlocking BL will erase it. Before unlocking, you have to backup TA partition to save the drm keys. For that we need root! Again back to the same place.. oh.

I have to ask something.What will happen if :
I wipe my all data,cache and the third one,will it install 4.1.2,
If it does,i can root 4.1.2 using @DooMLoRD easy rooting toolkit,install cwm and take backup.
Then flash 4.3,root it and restore backup from cwm.
Will it work?

Last edited:

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
All you can do: Reflash 4.3 without wiping data etc..
Make a backup with the backup app from sony (backup to external SD)
Flash 4.1.2 and wipe everything.....

Boot up and restore backup..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I didn't wipe data.I unticked all wipe partitions in flashtool.

That could be the problem. I also tried once 4.3 >> 4.1.2 without wiping data, resulted in bootloop as yours. (But going from .266 to .201 without wiping data worked). You might have to flash with the three check-boxes ticked (wipe data, cache and appslog).