As Sensation users would you consider the Xperia S to replace it?

Will you buy a Sony Xperia S to replace Sensation later?

• I am bored of HTC,this Sony is sexy so Yes

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • I want to be sure it will have good roms before

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • If HTC deceives me in MWC I would consider it

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • NEVER! I will never change from HTC

Votes: 28 48.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

vegetaleb

Ok I am an HTC user since the Nexus1-DHD and sensation since August.
As usual I will look for the next HTC flagship,though this time the Endeavor will have huge sizes because of its screen.
So imagine that at the MWC HTC doesn't show a true successor for the Sensation,just rebadged versions and the huge Endeavor...will you buy the superb Sony (no more SE) Xperia S?
The upgrades over Sensation?
-Dual core 1.5 out of the box (could be boosted with kernel)
-HD screen 720p
-Camera 12mp from Sony
Oh and don't forget that all new Sony mobiles are rootable now :D

sony-xperia-s.jpg

waltthizzney

Mar 28, 2011
yeah its a nice phone but it is nothing revolutionary.... i am gonna hold out another year, I still have not experienced ICS yet on my sensation, waiting for a stable build, dont see the point of upgrading at thispoint

pete777

May 12, 2007
Bratislava
Definitely buying this in march..I have enough sense after HD2,Desire,Sensation..its only getting worse design wise..hope that sony ui will not be as laggy as sense and I also hope build quality will be better..

vegetaleb

We should get reviews next week, just in time with MWC revelations, oh by the way sammy's sgs3 will not be out before summer.
Tried sgs2 for 2 months and felt it very poor (very cheap plastic).
If you like the multimedia part in a phone then the Sony Xperia S is awesome, it just need a bunch of XDA devs to work on it so it gets CM9 and MIUI roms asap :D

MaxxieB

Feb 19, 2011
Ipswich
yeah its a nice phone but it is nothing revolutionary.... i am gonna hold out another year, I still have not experienced ICS yet on my sensation, waiting for a stable build, dont see the point of upgrading at thispoint

I Thought that too but i've been using ARHD 6.2.1 for weeks and i havent had a single problem!

As for the Xperia S I think its a stunning piece of kit and that screen is going to be stunning (hope we sell it at work cos they let me "rent" Phones out haha) but the endeavour looks to be absolutely amazing i love my htc and id never go back to lg or samsung. they feel kinda cheap in comparison!

townay

Oct 2, 2011
Chang Hua City
non of the poll options above tbh :p

If no new HTC phones by q3/q4 that has 720p squashed into 4.3" Xperia S will be my new phone. As I have mentioned before in another thread, Endeavor has 720p in 4.7" while Ville has qhd in 4.3" and Rezound has 720p in 4.3" but Rezound is a Verizon only phone and I cant get it here in Taiwan. Any phones over 4.3'' is too big for my hands.

Also, alot of HTC's android phones have some audio issues with their video recording. While Rezound's audio quality is far ahead of Sensation's, there is still this minute yet audible random pops or scratch sounds that is present its video recording.

So unless HTC comes up with a 4.3" 720p display, Xperia S will be my next phone. I can even overlook the terrible audio quality in their video recording.

vegetaleb

If no new HTC phones by q3/q4 that has 720p squashed into 4.3" Xperia S will be my new phone. As I have mentioned before in another thread, Endeavor has 720p in 4.7" while Ville has qhd in 4.3" and Rezound has 720p in 4.3" but Rezound is a Verizon only phone and I cant get it here in Taiwan. Any phones over 4.3'' is too big for my hands.

Also, alot of HTC's android phones have some audio issues with their video recording. While Rezound's audio quality is far ahead of Sensation's, there is still this minute yet audible random pops or scratch sounds that is present its video recording.

So unless HTC comes up with a 4.3" 720p display, Xperia S will be my next phone. I can even overlook the terrible audio quality in their video recording.

So you have to choose the 3rd option ;)
Me too I am waiting for a 4.3'' 720p screen and not the monster Endeavor's one.
Not to mention that HTC looks like it doesn't understand that we want new screen tech(led like) and more powerfull speaker,so all our hopes are on MWC

townay

Oct 2, 2011
Chang Hua City
So you have to choose the 3rd option ;)
Me too I am waiting for a 4.3'' 720p screen and not the monster Endeavor's one.
Not to mention that HTC looks like it doesn't understand that we want new screen tech(led like) and more powerfull speaker,so all our hopes are on MWC

Ah ha ok got it. Thanks lol

I am personally not a fan of led/amoled variants. I feel that leds push the contrast too hard, good for blacks but in the end I feel as though lcd offer a more natural color.

I understand lcds arent viewable under direct sunlight and bad viewing angles but still..:eek:

timothio

Aug 28, 2011
Hong Kong
In my opinion, sense is the most user friendly and elegent UI ever!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA App

nonione

Aug 10, 2009
S.S.

most ppl dont know this but the Rezound is a world phone...

as for the Xperia S i think its a very nice piece of Hardware great screen great camera great design, id buy it if i saw CM9 on it and hadnt bought my gnex already

I've had the HD2 for the last two years and currently have Dansta's Sensation ROM on it, however I was due an upgrade and have just taken charge of the sensation xe, pleased with it so far but I was torn between that and the Sony Xperia S.
I like HTC but I'm really tempted with the Sony, so I may play around with this and send it back before the fourteen days are up and wait for the Xperia.
I'm just not sure so I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what people think :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

matt95

Aug 8, 2010
Milan
Huh? What's that ****? HTC forever

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

xdviper

Jan 5, 2009
Hell yes! I've played with one of these or the regular one with single core at the Sony store and I was impressed. I think it had an 1.4ghz chip in it, the screen was crisp and beautiful, very nice and fluid too, looked at my Sensation and cried. I'm really thinking about getting an Sony once my contracts up, but I don't know how the developer support on these phones are.

matt95

Aug 8, 2010
Milan
Hell yes! I've played with one of these or the regular one with single core at the Sony store and I was impressed. I think it had an 1.4ghz chip in it, the screen was crisp and beautiful, very nice and fluid too, looked at my Sensation and cried. I'm really thinking about getting an Sony once my contracts up, but I don't know how the developer support on these phones are.

traitor :D htc sensation is the best out there...

vegetaleb

If you can wait another 6 months...
But an 4.3'' HD screen 720p, 12mp camera,hdmi,...are enough to be an upgrade.
And for ''normal'' sensation users like me with dual 1.2ghz, a dual 1.5ghz which could be boosted to 2.0ghz will do a difference too.
There are rumours of a new HTC 4.3'' Incredible x device to be showed in MWC, we will see if it's another rebadged sensation or a true upgrade with HD 720 screen,powerfull speaker and better camera (and why not a quad cpu)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sony (ie. SE) has the best oem UI of any Android manufacturer, IMHO. It offers a lot, looks clean, and isn't bloated. What they do change is done very nicely (Camera, music player, facebook integrations, etc). I had an X10i so I may be biased ;)

However, I don't plan on upgrading to it. It's nice, but not enough of an upgrade for me to justify it. The only thing I'm really liking is the 4.3" HD screen. My next phone definitely has to be smaller than my Sensation (I miss small phones). The camera looks good (not great) and it might be worth waiting to see what Nokia is planning on bringing out soon if camera is an important factor. Other than that, nearly the same chipset with a little more ram.