HTC Aria screen cracked=no warranty=workmanship?

Search This thread

johdaxx

Sep 24, 2010
I just sent two Arias to HTC for repair for cracked screens. HTC's repair isn't particularly quick, but both phones came back like new. It's 100$ for the service and shipment, FWIW.

Both phones took several serious drops before they finally broke. :)

cybercod

Nov 14, 2010
If you've got a delicate touch, and a tri-wing (read Nintendo) screwdriver ($5), a new digitizer only costs about $20. I just replaced one last week. Only took about a half hour, with me going super slow and checking with a tutorial video on youtube about every three-and-a-half seconds.

Good idea to have a tube of rubber cement to glue the edges down afterward.

After having done it once, I could do it again in 10 minutes.

Mediarocker

Feb 8, 2012
Warranty does not cover stupidity.

Sorry, but of course you were rejected for warranty. It is not a workmanship issue when you drop your phone.

When you drop it, you broke it. The phone didn't break because it was constructed poorly (which is what the warranty covers).

On the argument of Gorilla Glass, the HTC Aria is indeed a Gorilla glass phone. I ran mine for months without a case and screen protector and never scratched it or damaged it. I ended up dropping it once in the parking lot but it didn't end up scratched or damaged. This occurrence however encouraged me to purchase an external case for it to help increase it's durability and low and behold, it lands on it's face and cracked the touchpad right on the home key.

Everything works fine. But it's still annoying to look at as I take good care of my devices. It's important to know, Gorilla Glass is still GLASS. But it is indeed (at least in my experience) much more scratch resistant than regular glass. It may depend on when your Aria was manufactured to when and if it may contain Gorilla Glass.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You guys should do your research. The aria does indeed HAVE gorilla glass. Go look at the Corning website if you don't believe me. They list it under the devices containing gorilla glass.

http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/#featured-products