[ROM]-[MikRoms]-Supersonic3D RC1.2-[10/14/2011]-Sense 3.5

Search This thread

taadow1030

Can't remember exactly seems it was in neighborhood of 165 MG....After all my restored apps, etc. I'm now at 145 MG. There is more than enough space. New version to be released late tonight will have even more space. May want to just hold for that and flash so you only have to setup once then.

Thanks Jelive. Button pressed also.

Sent from my supersonic using XDA App

cdsbj6508

May 23, 2009
Orlando
Oh that doesn't make since since the libs/modules are in data and if you unmount data then those won't be written. Which freedom kernel did you flash and what recovery are you using? I use Amon RA and data isn't mounted when I first boot into it.

It may not make since but it works for me. I'm also using Amon RA and my data is mounted and I'm using a Kernel from Virus Infected ROM!

elwood

May 1, 2011
Menasha, Wisconsin
I would like to try a custom kernel....which one gives killer battery life? Mine doesn't last very long the way it is now.

I use ChopSuey 9.2.7 Universal, others use Freedom Kernal by Lithid and say they get great battery life aswell.

Basically though its up to you in the end as each phone reacts a little different as the user's are not the same.

elwood

May 1, 2011
Menasha, Wisconsin
Check out the space I have left

18a38172-5a56-9939.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

droiddawg

Dec 29, 2010
Does this port have auto app2sd where the app data and cache automatically go to ext3?

sent from my 7/23 iNfEcTeD EVO 4G

elwood

May 1, 2011
Menasha, Wisconsin
After getting firerat setup and uninstalling around 50mb of stuff I now have my new daily rom – well until tonight when an update that’s expected to come out. I have over 120 apps while still leaving 186mb of free internal memory and keeping cache on internal. This thing is very snappy!

If anyone’s interested in setting up firerat, this is how. What it does is it steels memory not being used by the system and makes it available for internal memory (app storage).

Install the Rom first or use your current setup to determine what numbers that’ll be needed on the text file (mtdpartmap.txt) that you’ll place on your SD card. There’re two sets of numbers on the text file, the first number is the system Rom size and the second is for the cache size. Download OS monitor (awesome app - it's free in the market) to determine what numbers you’ll need. Go to the misc tab where it’ll show you what you're using as far as system and cache sizes. The last thing shown on the bottom is the cache used. This is used for determining the second number in the text file. One thing to know, there’re 1024kb in an MB, so divide the number shown by 1024 to determine how many MB’s you’re using. Then add 5-10mb for your system – this gives you your first number. The cache doesn’t move much so to be safe triple the number and you should be good – this is the second number on the text file. I have mine set for 4mb and currently only using 25% of that.

If you’re going to use your current setup, then wipe cache and dalvik cache 3x’s (might be overkill, but that’s what I do). Make a nandroid backup and then wipe everything except sdcard. After you’ve done that, flash the recover file (FR-recovery-v1.5.3-CustomMTD_S.zip) from firerat. After install “READ” what it says before doing anything else. It’ll want you to wipe cache and data then “REBOOT” back into recovery. Reinstall your nandroid backup or re-flash rom followed by any other zips (kernel). Then flash the boot file (FR-boot-v1.5.3-CustomMTD_S.zip) that you’ve downloaded along with the recovery file. Reboot and you're done. Enjoy your larger internal memory size.

Very important to remember! Always keep ra recovery (PC36IMG) on the root of your sd card. It’s a pain when booting into recovery and having to hit down twice (install update – reboot device), but worth it in case you get into a jam. This script alters your recovery, so to get back to your normal recovery you can always accept the update that re-flashes ra recovery (or recovery of choice).

You can use other nandroids just make sure to up the numbers on the text file that you placed on your SD card. You can alter them after you get booted up. Of course you’ll have to re-flash for the changes to go into effect, but well worth the extra effort. But remember, you must flash the boot file (FR-boot-v1.5.3-CustomMTD_S.zip) after installing any zips in recovery. Even if you decide to flash a different kernel, you must flash the boot zip before booting back up. You don’t need to re-flash the recovery file once you’ve flashed it for the first time, unless you accept the update and re–flashed your recovery.

Sorry if anyone feels I’ve posted this in the wrong section, but it explains how I got the numbers I did in the pic. while running this rom.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=754805

Not dogging your or anything but I just did dta2sd and got way more space then firerat
18a38172-640e-42a9.jpg

Last edited:

bluezr1

Mar 25, 2009
Not dogging your or anything but I just did dta2sd and got way more space then firerat
18a38172-630c-92df.jpg

I have a2sd installed as well. This allowed me to move my cache back to the internal memory. Having the cache moved back to internel memory makes my phone very snappy. There's are around 175MB of space on my internal used up from having over 120 apps installed.

My goal is to use link to sd where I'll have control over what apps get moved where.

This is what I had when the cache was on the sd card.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1316905949521.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1316905949521.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:

Jedis

Nov 13, 2006
18a38172-640e-42a9.jpg

Not sure what you did, but I wiped and flashed again, and with A2SD, I only have 90mb free. And that was cherry picking apps, couldn't even restore everything.

Phone is laggy and considering using SuperCharger script. Has anyone tried it? Will it mess up this ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK guys real quick before you download. this is a rom that i built for 4 devices evo included of course. now i dont have a evo and this is my first time building a rom for it, but all in all it works great and very stable for doing it blind. now you all know aamikam we work together on a lot of stuff and this is one of the things we are working on together... the rom that is up right now is only my work but he is working on some things for it as i type and i will be updating to his version, and we will update as we fix and optimize things as usual.....

so a little info on what this rom is... it is based off of HTC Runnymede with sense 3.5 and gingerbread 2.3.5. it has a lot of new features plus it looks awesome atleast in my opinion.... the runnymede has a wvga display so nothing needed to be resized which is great some of you will think that things look big but they are not you are just used to the modded sized roms to fit our screen....

2011-09-14_13-24-03-1.jpg
    2011-09-14_13-23-34-1.jpg
    2011-09-14_13-22-54-1.jpg
    2011-09-14_13-22-35-1.jpg

change log

RC1.2:
    Odex again
    Updated Maxthon
    Updated FlashPlayer
    Fixed HTC Hub (now 100% working with skins and more)
    More EPST codes work now (##prl#, etc.)
    I cannot make a patch for this cuz i odexed it... might get away with a full wipe... but im not sure.

RC1.1:
    Fixed VVM to work out the box (u still need to block 9016 though)
    Fixed MMS over wifi (it will auto connect to 3g to send it... a bypass... but works)
    Updated Market 3.2
    Updated Market apps
    Updated theMikMik forums app
    Turned off almost all the debug flags in frameworks smalis
    DeOdex for now guys.... cuz im still in the middle of working on it
    There were really a lot of other tiny fixes which im really too lazy to write down and probably forgetting anyways.
    Full wipe is needed as there are a lot of changes (even if the change log is not huge ;-))... but u can always feel free to not wipe and let us all know how it worked out.

RC1:
    Cleaned useless langs out of 90% of all the apks (left spanish kb support)
    Took out approx 90% of the debug code in all apks (takeing out the word "test" from "testrom")
    Updated all market apps and market
    Added MikApps tab to rosie
    More quicksettings (long press takes u to the actual settings also, Thanks RCMix)
    More free space/RAM (new script and bin files etc.) (252MB free on data with on 1st flash with a2sd disabled)
    A2sd disabled by def (type a2sd reinstall in shell to set it up again)
    Libs are not longer symlinked (only weather videos are right now)
    MMS will not compress images (def set to 5MB)
    SMS will split up over 160 char messages
    Pick between Android/Honeycomb/HTC locksreens
    Fixed volume being too high
    HTC hub now works (seems like they didnt put out skins and such for it yet though)
    Added 2 HTC skins
    EPST codes work (thanks captain_throwback) (sometime depends on your radio ver.)
    There were really a lot of other tiny fixes which im really too lazy to write down and probably forgetting anyways.
    Full wipe is needed as there are a lot of changes... but u can always feel free to not wipe and let us all know how it worked out.

beta 5
    SU problems fixed
    WIFI Fixed
    added sense 3.0 panorama cam
    fixed Ereader
    added RCmix tweaks(can be found in settings.apk lots of modifications on the fly very nice)
    examples of tweaks below
    *Rosie remaps
    *change background to trans
    *personalize quick settings
    *take clock out,change color, remove am and pm
    *change overscroll effect
    *option for screen to come on for txts
    list goes on and on
    added ap2sd
    added ramscript
    fixed download notification bug
    thats all i can remember right now
    added extra quick settings

Features
    Gingerbread 2.3.5
    Sense 3.5
    advanced power menu
    beats by dre audio
    3D homescreen option
    complete ruu full sense 3.5 experience
    Ram script
    Batt calibration script
    SD card speed
    stock kernel
    special tweaks added by rcmix big thanks to them(theres a big list of things you can do in here you will just have to flash and see for yourself)
    extra quick settings
    ability to personize almost everything on the fly with tweaks menu
    rosie remaps
    nothing special right now but more to come

Credits
    aamikam for helping optimize and tweak(his version will be released soon)
    Cappychimp and remix for base
    BIG THANKS TO JADABOY7 FOR TESTING
    HTC love you guys
    and of course google

issues
    - Visual Voicemail (VVM) not working - (restoring app data from prior working version resolves)
    NO 4G (PLEASE DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT WE WILL TRY TO ADD IT LATER)

Under Review:
    - Unable to sync contacts after reboot
    - Chrome Browser set to normal view
    - Market version out of date, auto-updates
    - 3G is a bit slow
    - There are also 2 sets of options when choosing wallpaper - the top set seems to have working previews as well
    - eReader isn't working properly
    - EPST edit function not working (fix being worked on)
    - Unable to send lengthy text messages (more than 1 message at once)
    - Wallpapers don't display in Dock Mode
    - No FC with HTC hub, however during testing I was unable to connect
    - Lockscreen previews still not working
    - HTC wallpapers don't have a title or preview image. If you select preview button, you can see them

Visual Bugs:
    White bar at bottom of Charge/Mount menu
    Drop down menu is inverted
    Drop down menu says 31000 not Sprint
    App menu is depaginated

ONE MORE THING GUYS IVE HEARD THERES A LOT OF DRAMA GOING ON HERE LATELY PLEASE LETS KEEP THIS CLEAN AND MATURE AND HOPEFULLY WE CAN GET THIS THING WORKING ALL THE WAY FOR YOU

ENJOY!!!!!!
    Ok guys ill be changing this thread to the new base because its a lot better than rc1 I fixed the USB mounting problem so now it should be close to bugless and just have tweaking left

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using Tapatalk
    rc1.2 is up for grabs...
    RC1.2:
    Odex again
    Updated Maxthon
    Updated FlashPlayer
    Fixed HTC Hub (now 100% working with skins and more)
    More EPST codes work now (##prl#, etc.)
    I cannot make a patch for this cuz i odexed it... might get away with a full wipe... but im not sure.

http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?9044-Supersonic3D-Change-log-and-download-links-10-14-2011

i know i didnt fix a whole lot... but its worth the update cuz i went back to odex... and hub works with all the wallpapers and skins.

im working on like 4 diff roms right now... so i cant keep messing with the same one all the time.

on a good side note though... there is a new base to work with.... so we'll see how that will go.
    I did but still the same. Is anyone else having this issue? Like to know if this is kernel related. Iam on aggressive freedom .9. If so does anyone have a flshsble kernel that came with rom?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
    Could be the kernel. There was a discussion in the MikG thread about the affects of undervolting on apps like the camera.

At any rate, jade has the stock MikG kernel (should be the same as what's included here) in his mediafire files HERE. Thanks jade!
    Appreciate all you've done! This is the best Runny yet! Was the Beats taken out because it's buggy?

I have mods for this ill post them tonight after work

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk