Stock camera?

Search This thread

noodleyhead

Aug 4, 2011
Is there any way I can get the stock blur camera back on CM7? Or the droid 3 camera? I am running CM7 and I really hate the stock camera.
And I know that there are alternatives in the market, but none of them have video recording, so I am not looking for alternatives.

Sent from Moto ATRIX 4G running CM7 using XDA app

psyop1

Aug 14, 2007
stock camera

I've tried about half a dozen add on camera apps since moving to the neutrino ROM, and not a single one of them focuses accurately (including the one that comes with the Neutrino ROM. Every single picture is blurred to at least a small degree.

Are the binaries for the atrix stock camera even available? I'd like to try and get it working, if the end result is a properly functioning auto-focus and higher picture quality than I can get today (no matter what settings I use or which I app I use).

Bruce Lee

Jan 20, 2011
Ohio
plus.google.com
I've tried about half a dozen add on camera apps since moving to the neutrino ROM, and not a single one of them focuses accurately (including the one that comes with the Neutrino ROM. Every single picture is blurred to at least a small degree.

Are the binaries for the atrix stock camera even available? I'd like to try and get it working, if the end result is a properly functioning auto-focus and higher picture quality than I can get today (no matter what settings I use or which I app I use).

The miui camera works on cm7. Check page 600 of the neutrino thread and look for my post of the miui camera apk.

Sent from my ATRIX using the Premium XDA App

psyop1

Aug 14, 2007
nothing works properly yet

So far every camera app will not focus. They are all fixed focal length (of those I've tried) which leads me to believe no one included the focus feature (and auto focus doesn't work at all), only the digital zoom.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Setting the camera to manual in some apps provides no focus capability, and setting it to auto does nothing as well.

I've tried the miui camera, camera 360, various QR Code readers which rely on the camera, and several others apps as well, to no avail. Not much point in having a camera if it's only fixed focus. :(

Thanks.

psyop1

Aug 14, 2007
This is actually a big problem, as it prevents proper use of bar code readers, macro mode, low light mode, and a variety of other things which med the focusing capability of the stock camera.

I can't find a single camera add on which will focus.

Anyone have ideas? Stock, miui, camera 360, etc., are all non functioning in the focus department. Seems like something is missing from the ROM.

Thanks.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

psyop1

Aug 14, 2007
Which one are you using? I've tried QR Droid, the Amazon shopping app, and a few others, and none of them are able to focus.

Thanks

yonizaf

Mar 29, 2012
I'm using the app "Barcode Scanner", and Google Goggles works too. But I don't think it matters which app is used.

Are you perhaps using the latest cm7 nightly? Because the latest nightly (20120409) changelog includes this entry: "disable autofocus on camcorder start", and since code readers probably depend on camcorder functionality, it may be the cause.

I'm using RC1 btw, and it seems camcorder does focus as well.

psyop1

Aug 14, 2007
I'm using the app "Barcode Scanner", and Google Goggles works too. But I don't think it matters which app is used.

Are you perhaps using the latest cm7 nightly? Because the latest nightly (20120409) changelog includes this entry: "disable autofocus on camcorder start", and since code readers probably depend on camcorder functionality, it may be the cause.

I'm using RC1 btw, and it seems camcorder does focus as well.

I was using nightlies and went back to rc1, and the camera still wont create clear images of fine details.

Here's an example, in which the barcode and the text are blurry.

Thanks.
uploadfromtaptalk1335070146783.jpg

yonizaf

Mar 29, 2012
Don't get me wrong, the camera doesn't focus for me either, just the camcorder (video recording), and barcode apps.

psyop1

Aug 14, 2007
Don't get me wrong, the camera doesn't focus for me either, just the camcorder (video recording), and barcode apps.

If I could get the bar code apps working that would be a great improvement.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to live with it.

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't think you can get stock camera on cm7 because of the blur files/libraries. I think that's why.

Sent from my ATRIX using the Premium XDA App