[Q] Tweaked v2 ROM update

Search This thread

whitejul

Apr 12, 2012
I have a Droid Charge and two days ago I used ODIN 1.82 to install "Tw3@k3d0410.tar.md5" (Tweaked v2 ROM); however, I just noticed there is an update "Tw3@k3d0411.zip" which has a couple of folders and not md5 (META -INF and system).

I am a newbie but it was not difficult to used ODIN to install the original md5 file; however, I am stuck trying to install the update. Any tips what tools to use of where I can have the instructions to install the update "Tw3@k3d0411.zip"?

Thanks.
BTW I have not had any problem so far using the original ROM.
White

Last edited:

PaulN64007

Aug 26, 2011
I have a Driod Charge and two days ago I used ODIN 1.82 to install Tw3@k3d0410.tar.md5 (Tweaked v2 ROM); however, I just noticed there is an update Tw3@k3d0411.zip which has a couple of folders and not md5 (META -INF and system).

I am a newbie but it was not difficult to used ODIN to install the original md5 file; however, I am stuck trying to install the update. Any tips what tools to use of where I can have the instructions to install the update Tw3@k3d0411.zip?

Thanks.
BTW I have not had any problem so far using the original rom.
White

You can flash it in CWM. Also you can get the same update by installing the black and blue theme in tweaktools.

Reactions: whitejul

PaulN64007

Aug 26, 2011
Thanks for pointing me to the right direction, questions are where to find instructions how to use CWM and tweaktools.

Can you help?

Thanks.
White

There is a lot of information in the first 3 posts in the Tweaked 2.0 thread that you should read. 3rd post is where you'll find how to use tweaktools. A lot of android phones use CWM and something you should learn. There are a lot of youtube videos that maybe better to watch then trying to read about it.

whitejul

Apr 12, 2012
There is a lot of information in the first 3 posts in the Tweaked 2.0 thread that you should read. 3rd post is where you'll find how to use tweaktools. A lot of android phones use CWM and something you should learn. There are a lot of youtube videos that maybe better to watch then trying to read about it.

It took me a while but this is what I have unsuccessfully done:

1. Downloaded the upgrade for CWM “Tw3@k3d0411.zip” then I checked its MD5 was correct A2B101E9556BB2BD59F226E25E87D1F6
  2. Placed the above file on my SD card
  3. On my Droid Charge I pressed the POWER button and from the choices I selected RECOVERY
  4. My phone rebooted into:
    Android system Recovery (3e)
    enter: OK Key. Select: Vol UP / Vol Down
    reboot system now
    apply update from sdcard
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe catch partition

checking confirmation -> check (0)
    Not need checksum confirmation
    already executed!!...

--movi_checking done!...
    # MANUAL MODE #
  5. From the above choices I use Vol UP / Vol Down to select “apply update from sdcard”, then pressed the HOME key
  6. Screen changed to:
    Android system Recovery (3e)
    Choose a package to install:
    /mnt/sdcard
    ../
    'Tw3@k3d0411.zip'
  7. I used the Vol UP / Vol Down, selected the zip file and pressed the HOME key A yellow triangle with an exclamation mark and a green droid icon appeared on the screen. A few seconds later the screen flashed up
  8. I pressed the MENU key and underneath the same caption showed in step (4) above, it was displayed:
    -- Install /mnt/sdcard …
    Finding update package …
    Opening update package
    Verifying update package …
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted
  9. Therefore, I had no other choice to reboot my phone and to come back to the original Tweaked 2.0 release (4.10), which I continue using.
Did I do anything wrong? Please advise.

Thanks
White

Last edited:

cnoevl21

Feb 26, 2010
OnePlus 8T
U need to install cwm using odin. U tried flashing tweaked with stock recovery whichvis why it didnt work. U need to get the .md5 for cwm n flash it using odin (same way u flashed the rom). then u hold vol down/home/power. When u see the samsung logo u can let go of the power button but keep holding down the other 2 til u see the cwm blue text. Then ull be able to flash the zip file

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA

whitejul

Apr 12, 2012
U need to install cwm using odin. U tried flashing tweaked with stock recovery whichvis why it didnt work. U need to get the .md5 for cwm n flash it using odin (same way u flashed the rom). then u hold vol down/home/power. When u see the samsung logo u can let go of the power button but keep holding down the other 2 til u see the cwm blue text. Then ull be able to flash the zip file

Thanks.
I guess I'm done.

1. I searched and downloaded "0817_charge_recovery.tar.md5" and installed using ODIN as you suggested (I dunno is this is the last CWM release)
  2. Then I i booted into the CWM by pressing the key combination you suggested
  3. Then I selected the "Tw3@k3d0411.zip" file
  4. let the install go and then rebooted

I do not what were the changes between the original built and this latest update but anyway, I'm learning; therefore, I will appreciate any other tips.

Thanks again!
White

Last edited:

JihadSquad

Oct 5, 2011
Madison, WI
xdaforums.com
what the hell kind of question is this. Seriously. first, read both threads, its the same friggin theme. second, read the forums there are numerous threads about using a theme from one version of a rom on another. do you make posts like this on purpose?

Kind of harsh but I have to agree. No matter how much people say not to use a theme for a different ROM, some idiot says that it works and then people start asking if X theme will work on Y ROM... JUST DON'T DO IT MOST LIKELY IT WILL CAUSE OTHER PROBLEMS...

lane32x

Oct 10, 2010
what the hell kind of question is this. Seriously. first, read both threads, its the same friggin theme. second, read the forums there are numerous threads about using a theme from one version of a rom on another. do you make posts like this on purpose?

You do realize that on the left-side of the page it shows how many times a user has posted...right?

So let's analyze the situation. That person had posted 1 time. And since you were responding to one of his posts, logic would suggest that that was his first post on here. So "do you make posts like this on purpose?" yes. I'm guessing that he purposefully made his first post on purpose.

Now I know that you have a whopping 37 posts to your name, but you should be a little nicer to the new guys b/c chances are they 1) haven't read every post on here and 2) they came to a forum thinking they could ask questions (I know, such a radical concept isn't it). and 3) they probably didn't realize that the theme was the same from 1.4 to 2.0 hence why they asked the question. </rant>

---------- Post added at 04:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

Thanks.
I guess I'm done.

1. I searched and downloaded "0817_charge_recovery.tar.md5" and installed using ODIN as you suggested (I dunno is this is the last CWM release)
  2. Then I i booted into the CWM by pressing the key combination you suggested
  3. Then I selected the "Tw3@k3d0411.zip" file
  4. let the install go and then rebooted

I do not what were the changes between the original built and this latest update but anyway, I'm learning; therefore, I will appreciate any other tips.

Thanks again!
White

Did your install of Tweaked2.0 go well?

If not, I was having problems (it would get stuck on the SAMSUNG screen) until I used ODIN to put CWM on there (like you did) but before I flashed the Tweaked2.0 zip file, I had to go to Mounts (in CWM) and tell it to mount /system (after you do that it should then say "unmount /system" where before it simply said "mount system").

Good luck and enjoy!

mromblad

lol, silly lane, adding fuel to a fire for no reason. It's ok man, it really is. a whopping 37 posts means nothing because there is no count for the amount of threads that you read. that's the important issue here friend, reading. You don't need an account to read the forums. For all you or anyone else knows he comes from a forum where asking stupid questions is allowed. Granted the mods let it happen here too, but they shouldn't.

But yes, thank you for taking the time to analyze the situation that you weren't part of to begin with. Next time, keep it to pm if you have a problem with what I said, thanks.

~Sircrazy

lane32x

Oct 10, 2010
ah ha!

lol, silly lane, adding fuel to a fire for no reason. It's ok man, it really is. a whopping 37 posts means nothing because there is no count for the amount of threads that you read. that's the important issue here friend, reading. You don't need an account to read the forums. For all you or anyone else knows he comes from a forum where asking stupid questions is allowed. Granted the mods let it happen here too, but they shouldn't.

But yes, thank you for taking the time to analyze the situation that you weren't part of to begin with. Next time, keep it to pm if you have a problem with what I said, thanks.

~Sircrazy

An alias! ah ha!
I only pop back over to these forums every now and again but I wanted to see what fun stuff was posted here. And anyways, there are nicer ways of telling the newbs how to browse the forums.
Some people are too quick to ask questions before reading, but you see that on a lot of threads. And at least he wasn't asking something crazy stupid like "I just flashed an HTC rom on my Motorola Droid and I know I'm in the wrong forum but could you help me..."

whitejul

Apr 12, 2012
Did your install of Tweaked2.0 go well?

If not, I was having problems (it would get stuck on the SAMSUNG screen) until I used ODIN to put CWM on there (like you did) but before I flashed the Tweaked2.0 zip file, I had to go to Mounts (in CWM) and tell it to mount /system (after you do that it should then say "unmount /system" where before it simply said "mount system").

Good luck and enjoy!

Actually I did. These are the steps I went through:

1. I used ODIN to go back to the original Verizon ROM my phone had (stock) and then let the phone to update itself (OTA).
  2. Once I got my phone back to "original" I use ODIN to install the latest CWM (Clockwork Recovery Mod) 0302_charge_recovery.tar.md5 which gave me version v5.0.1.7 ( I do not understand why different numbers under the same version).
  3. Once I installed CWM, I did not know what to do with it. I just read somewhere else that I had to have that installed, so I did.
  4. Then as a final step I use again ODIN to install the latest Tweaked v2 ROM “Tw3@k3d0411.tar.md5”

As of now I am testing the new built. One thing that annoyed me was that there were 22 applications under the Applications menu; they were disorganized in four panes (or windows) so I had to manually rearranged them in alphabetical order, and after that I got rid off two panes, fitting 16 apps per pane/window.

Other than that, I'll continue using the new ROM.

White!

Shimee

Apr 20, 2012
Question about physical buttons not lighting up

In order to limit thread creation I'm hijacking this one due to the general title.

After flashing TWO Charge's with Tweaked 2.0 the row of physical buttons no longer light up. I flashed one back to EP4D (which made them light up again) and then back to Tweaked (which borked them again) already to see what would happen.

Is this part of the tweaks to disable them lighting up? Is there somewhere I can go modify a script and have them light up again?

(I'm a Chemical Engineer, I can do anything with cars but when it comes to anything past Odin and CWM, my nerdiness is superceded by this forum. :p)

Last edited:

shrike1978

Jun 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
In order to limit thread creation I'm hijacking this one due to the general title.

After flashing TWO Charge's with Tweaked 2.0 the row of physical buttons no longer light up. I flashed one back to EP4D (which made them light up again) and then back to Tweaked (which borked them again) already to see what would happen.

Is this part of the tweaks to disable them lighting up? Is there somewhere I can go modify a script and have them light up again?

(I'm a Chemical Engineer, I can do anything with cars but when it comes to anything past Odin and CWM, my nerdiness is superceded by this forum. :p)
This is due to the BLN mod that is included in the rom. See the link below for more info on what BLN does.

It can be disabled through tweaktools if you'd rather have the key backlights act normally (CWM Modifications->BLNModOff)

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/20362-mod-bln-for-droid-charge/

Reactions: dwitherell

Shimee

Apr 20, 2012
Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for.

But my god finding what TweakTools is and how to enter it was difficult. You can't forget that noobs have no idea about some things so it would have been nice to get a link to tonsit's site or a brief explanation of Terminal Emulator, or something. But then again that's not as satisfying as searching on your own.

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011

But my god finding what TweakTools is and how to enter it was difficult. You can't forget that noobs have no idea about some things so it would have been nice to get a link to tonsit's site or a brief explanation of Terminal Emulator, or something. But then again that's not as satisfying as searching on your own.

To be fair - there is a link to all of that in the OP - well, it's the second post, but I figured most would look there as that outlines all the changes that had gone down. Sorry for the confusion - here is the link from that post. Check it out, it ought to be pretty helpful.

Reactions: shrike1978

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a Driod Charge and two days ago I used ODIN 1.82 to install Tw3@k3d0410.tar.md5 (Tweaked v2 ROM); however, I just noticed there is an update Tw3@k3d0411.zip which has a couple of folders and not md5 (META -INF and system).

I am a newbie but it was not difficult to used ODIN to install the original md5 file; however, I am stuck trying to install the update. Any tips what tools to use of where I can have the instructions to install the update Tw3@k3d0411.zip?

Thanks.
    BTW I have not had any problem so far using the original rom.
    White

You can flash it in CWM. Also you can get the same update by installing the black and blue theme in tweaktools.
    Thanks for pointing me to the right direction, questions are where to find instructions how to use CWM and tweaktools.

Can you help?

Thanks.
    White

This is due to the BLN mod that is included in the rom. See the link below for more info on what BLN does.

It can be disabled through tweaktools if you'd rather have the key backlights act normally (CWM Modifications->BLNModOff)

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/20362-mod-bln-for-droid-charge/

To be fair - there is a link to all of that in the OP - well, it's the second post, but I figured most would look there as that outlines all the changes that had gone down. Sorry for the confusion - here is the link from that post. Check it out, it ought to be pretty helpful.