Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mccurt29

Dec 9, 2008
I'm running across the same problems as well. In addition, I was just at the gym and it seems Bluetooth is not working either. I synced with my Bluetooth headset off and on multiple times yet when I tried to play music through PowerAmp and Apollo they would FC as well as DSP Manager. Never got a sound of music out of my headset. It was working with 1.6 and I think 1.7

Edit: WP7 multitasking give it to me! :) but ya I like how it looks maz.

bluetooth not working for me either...its says it connected but nothing comes out the bluetooth & i get all the FC with those apps as well

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
Mazda, do you have any ideas at this point or have you noticed yourself that system settings are not sticking. It's happening to me with 1.7.5 and 1.7, and it sounds like a lot of people have started having the same issue.

I was able to modify most system settings this time around, until activating and setting the default keyboard started giving me problems. I had to freeze ICS keyboard and reboot to be able to change default. Modifying rotation settings not sticking. Adjusting brightness through menu, power control widget, and slide on status bar not sticking. Turning on photo sync in Google+ not sticking, immediately switches back to off (I suspect because even though this is in app, it is directly linked to "Accounts and sync" settings). Changing battery style not sticking. Basically, any system settings stop sticking.

Most of these settings will stick if you change them and then reboot. But some (like the keyboard settings) simply would not stick, regardless. And rebooting to adjust brightness is not really practical. This is on a totally clean install, and the ROM otherwise runs flawlessly, absolutely no other problems.

And please don't take this as whining or complaining :). I love the ROM and you're doing some really awesome stuff, but based upon my experiences with 1.7 and 1.7.5, and the comments of several others a few pages back, I really think something is up here that warrants looking into. Let me know what I can do to help (flashing tests, providing more details, experimenting with something, etc.)
Yeah I'm aware of this and although I haven't experienced any issues at all, I have a pretty good idea of what's causing this issues. I really don't have the time RIGHT this minute to make the necessary fixes and upload it BUT the next release will run much better (KNOCK ON WOOD)....hahahaha

Oh and NO I'm not looking at your post as whining or complaining.......I rather see posts like yours that provide honest feedback without demanding anything or threatening to flash another ROM...hahahahaha....because to be honest and this is no disrespect to any of you guys, threatening to go to another ROM does NOTHING for me....this is not a business, I'm not losing any money or anything so if you say you're going to another ROM.....by all means :) ****, I flashed Digital Karma's ROM today and ran it for almost 5 hours so I'm not asking for people to use my ROM 24/7 :)

Sorry for my rant :/

Reactions: spackmanbr

chrisliphart

Apr 7, 2010
Atlanta, GA
For me, the non-sticking settings requiring a reboot was only on 1.7.5. I'm back on 1.7 now with no problems, and Bluetooth works great (I'm on the phone with my wife right now, and I listen to podcasts all day long). I never tried it on 1.7.5 though. The settings issue was enough to push me back to 1.7 before I ever tried my headset.

Mazda

Oct 19, 2008
Could someone on 1.7.5 that's experiencing these issues that have been talked about in the last couple of pages, try something for me?

Go download PapaSmurf's tweaks........put the .sh or whatever file on your sdcard, download script manager from the play store and run it BUT instead of smurfing it again, go ahead and unsmurf....reboot and see if things go back to normal :)

flashed and working like a charm, no issues at all.

Yeah I flashed it too, I'm a big fan of FSO :)

rotnezi

Mar 23, 2011
new haven,ct
It's really not a big deal since this is pertaining to v.1, but since I flashed center clock mod my status bar never comes on by itself I have 2 kick start it up with a weather app or downloading something from playstore, I was just wondering if anyone has a quick fix, if not no BIGGIE....
I FREAKING LUV THIS ROM, no complaints here thanks maz...

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

sirlinux03

Jul 22, 2010
Tampa, FL
It's really not a big deal since this is pertaining to v.1, but since I flashed center clock mod my status bar never comes on by itself I have 2 kick start it up with a weather app or downloading something from playstore, I was just wondering if anyone has a quick fix, if not no BIGGIE....

try wiping cache and dalvik cache

Mazda

Oct 19, 2008

What zips were you using? The systemui.apk has been modified in almost every update since 1.0 so that would be an issue........Also, don't try to use ANY of the zips that you find in the second post of this thread as you WILL get either a bootloop or SystemUI FC :)

rotnezi

Mar 23, 2011
new haven,ct
What zips were you using? The systemui.apk has been modified in almost every update since 1.0 so that would be an issue........Also, don't try to use ANY of the zips that you find in the second post of this thread as you WILL get either a bootloop or SystemUI FC :)

Someone uploaded it for me because it was no longer in the OP, it's cool I figured I'd ask, I guess I should partition my sdcard hahahahahaha....

WildSioux

Jan 5, 2008
Also, it looks like the majority are really in favor of the WP7ish multitasking becoming the default one so I will add that to the ROM right now :)

I'm still in the process of backing up my SD card so I can format it and partition it to flash this rom. Is this more of a WebOS multitasking or something WP7 came up with? Reason why I ask is because I had a palm pre and ever since switching to the EVO and android I have missed the WebOS cards. And to be honest, multitasking on android is pathetic compared to it.

So hopefully with what you are adding it will be a step up. I still wonder if what I posted a few pages back is something that could be added to this ROM? The WebCM9 thing?

merkk

Oct 5, 2009
Lansing, mi
Reactions: BioEX4

Chirpout

May 25, 2012
The Bay Area
Could someone on 1.7.5 that's experiencing these issues that have been talked about in the last couple of pages, try something for me?

Seeing as EVO's are different I'm not sure if this would even help. What I did instead of reflash was re download. It worked for me. Now all my settings stick no problem on my 003.

Sent from my D.I.R.T.y Double-03 using xda premium

spackmanbr

Jan 11, 2011

Go download PapaSmurf's tweaks........put the .sh or whatever file on your sdcard, download script manager from the play store and run it BUT instead of smurfing it again, go ahead and unsmurf....reboot and see if things go back to normal :)

When I do option 6 for "Un-Smurf" it tells me

"Good Try! No Smurfed Out Settings Found!"

Tried two rounds of un-smurfing and rebooting anyway, but no luck. Settings still aren't sticking.

cityneversleepz

Feb 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.sunqifitness.com
When I do option 6 for "Un-Smurf" it tells me

"Good Try! No Smurfed Out Settings Found!"

Tried two rounds of un-smurfing and rebooting anyway, but no luck. Settings still aren't sticking.

for what it is worth, I V6 supercharged the 1.6 with option six - I think unleaded 540 octane if I remember correctly. darn thing charged overnight and didn't drop off 100 percent battery for 3 hours. I also dropped the volts by 25 overall with vipermod. I was clinging to it when I wiped it to flash 1.7.5 but I was happy after flashing it again anyway. Haven't done anything to this rom at all and still have no complaints. Everything is working. Hey, Maz, I noticed you don't use MD5 sum very much, any reason?

docnas

Aug 30, 2006
Hey guys finally decided to upgrade from sense to something different ( the only real things that were holding me back was the smart dialer and the SMS widget and i like the animation of the weather widgets) but i found a good alternative dailer (I think ) so am looking to upgrade but I wanted to ask if there is any specific Kernel for ICS roms in general and this rom in particular. In my previous roms i loved using that lionfish kenel with 100mv undervolting along with overclocking/governer options which i think did wonders for my battery and phone general responsiveness so im wondering if there is anything similar for this rom.

Psyki

Apr 14, 2006
Seattle
Thanks sirlinux03 and sy224048 for testing!!

Also, it looks like the majority are really in favor of the WP7ish multitasking becoming the default one so I will add that to the ROM right now :)

Are the majority really in favor of that? Or just the small vocal portion of people who post on here?

I kinda wish this was left stock CM, or perhaps customizable within the rom. Sounds good for a mod though.

MizzouBrent

Feb 19, 2011
Olathe, KS
Hey guys finally decided to upgrade from sense to something different ( the only real things that were holding me back was the smart dialer and the SMS widget and i like the animation of the weather widgets) but i found a good alternative dailer (I think ) so am looking to upgrade but I wanted to ask if there is any specific Kernel for ICS roms in general and this rom in particular. In my previous roms i loved using that lionfish kenel with 100mv undervolting along with overclocking/governer options which i think did wonders for my battery and phone general responsiveness so im wondering if there is anything similar for this rom.
Look no further than the Mason I series.

Reactions: docnas

sirlinux03

Jul 22, 2010
Tampa, FL

I was in the same boat until I decided to flash this ROM and there is no way to go back to sense ROM, at least for now. The best kernel available for ICS (my thoughts) is baked on this ROM and any time we get a ROM update mazda build it with the latest kernel version. The 1.7.5 version have the Manson Mason-I-d15rc4-sbc on it. The latest version of the kernel is Mason-I-d15rc4-sbc-fso, you can flash it but I'm pretty sure is going to be baked in the next ROM update.

Reactions: docnas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Delete thread
    Delete thread
    Happy Memorial Day!!

Alright fellas, I'll see you guys later on tonight with a copy of CM9 v1.5 NON A2SD and a few flashable mods!

Enjoy the rest of the day and have a healthy and safe Memorial Day! Also remember those that have given the ultimate sacrifice so you can enjoy the freedoms they fought for! As a veteran of nine years in the military, I will always remember!

Additionally, thanks to those whose still risk their lives to keep those rights strong! If you guys didn't know our very own mazwoz is currently deployed so head over to his thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1481091 and give him a thanks or two while you're getting your BBQ on today!!

Til tonight....Stay Safe!!
    Disclaimer

****************PLEASE READ****************

I am not going to continue answering questions related to any MODs outside of what I've posted on the second post of this thread! IF and WHEN you decide to flash the Reloaded ICS aka CM9 UI Enhancements which are found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1531222 you need to post on that thread because I'm not in any way or form involved in that development project! If you flash ANY mod and run into problems, that's on YOU!

This ROM by itself runs like a champ in my personal opinion and I think I have a handful of people that would agree!

I would like to make it clear once again, this ROM on it's own....NO MODS, NO TWEAKS or ANYTHING ELSE that you find on another thread, runs without any problems aside from those listed under known issues in the OP!

Please don't take this the wrong way or think I'm being rude BUT stopping to answer questions about something that is beyond my control (Reloaded ICS) is getting in the way of doing what I truly would like to do to this ROM! It is also getting in the way of filling requests that members have posted.

Thank you and I hope we can get back on track here!

Alex aka Mazdarider23 :D:D
    The OP has been updated with CM9 V1.5!! ALSO, do me a favor and read the ENTIRE OP as most of the common questions are answered IF you read the OP!!