blog.sancho.hu
imito-mx1%5B1%5D.jpg

• Android 4.1.1 OS, Google Play Store pre-installed;
  • Build in Bluetooth
  • Wifi 802.11 b/g/n
  • Rockchip RK3066 Dual core, up to 1.6Ghz, Quad core Mali400 GPU
  • Support XBMC
  • Aluminum Case
  • Dimensions: 3.82 in x 1.54 in x 0.39 in (9.7 cm x 3.9 cm x 1.0 cm)
  • Weight: 1.41 oz (40 g)
ejgh1353927466613%5B1%5D.jpg

• Operating Language: South Africa Dutch, Amharic, Indonesian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, English, Spanish, French, Croatian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Hungarian, Malay, Dutch, Dona-Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Finnish, Swedish, Swahili, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Turkish, Zulu, Greek, Bulgarian, Russian, Serbian, Ukrainian, Hebrew, Arabic, Farsi, Hindi, Thai, Korean, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
  • Support OTG
  • Supports external 3G network card
  • Support UBS HDD, up to 2TB
  • Support some USB camera, video (eg. with Skype)
  • Support Wireless Keyboard/Mouse 2.4GHz
  • Audio Formats: MP3 / OGG / WMA / WMAPRO
  • Video Formats: MKV, TS, TP, M2TS, RM / RMVB, BD-ISO, AVI, MPG, VOB, DAT, ASF, TRP, FLV etc. full formats
  • Video Codecs: Mpeg 1 / 2 / 4.H.264, VC-1, Divx, Xvid, RM 8 / 9 / 10, VP6
  • Picture Formats: JPEG
  • Subtitle Formats: SubRip [.srt]
  • Output Resolution: 1080P
  • HDMI: 1.3 and 1.4
  • USB: USB 2.0 + Mini USB
  • Video Output: HDMI
  • Audio Output: HDMI
  • Other Interface: 1 x HDMI interface / 1x USB interface / 1x OTG interface / 1x Expansion card interface / 1x Mini USB interface
  • Power Input: 5V 2A
  • Android Market Download: Yes
  • Compatible Application: Youtube / Facebook / Google play
  • Packing List:
    • 1 x Google TV player
    • 1 x 5V 2A EU plug adapter
    • 1 x HDMI cable (20cm)
    • 1 x OTG cable (10cm)
    • 1 x USB cable (60cm)
    • 1 x English user manual

Last edited:

sancho1234

Sep 23, 2007
Budapest
blog.sancho.hu
ROM

How to install firmware?
(source)

The most important: After you flash this firmware, and next time, when we release new firmware, you don't need to flash in this hard way, you can just copy the firmware *.img file, and rename it to "update.img" and paste it to your Micro SD Card, insert the micro SD card to iMito MX1 and then connect MX1 with TV, the system will inform you "there is a new firmware update detected, and if you want to update", just click "yes", and the flash will go by itself.

So enjoy your new firmware, any questions,please feel free to report to us. :good:;)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 2,645
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,918
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,834
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 2,030
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,721
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,658
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,644
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,523
Last edited:

sancho1234

Sep 23, 2007
Budapest
blog.sancho.hu

sancho1234

Sep 23, 2007
Budapest
blog.sancho.hu
Q/A

[Q:] When you power OFF device... How do you turn it back ON?
[A:] Ctrl+Alt+Del works on most keyboards, and wireless also. :good:

[Q:] What is the difference between MX1 and MX2?
[A:]
  • MX1: metal case - MX2: plastic case
  • MX1: better heat dissipation - MX2: better wifi signal
  • Both have different Bluetooth chips. Both work on all current ROMs. (source)

[Q:] My stick will not clock above 1.2 GHz, where is the 1.6 GHz?
[A:] In fact it IS a 1.6 GHz processor. It's downclocked to 1.2 because of temperature and stability. However in benchmarks the same hrdware gets more points for CPU performance in the downlclocked MX1 than in the MK808. A better optimized 1.2 is much more effective than a crappy 1.6. (source)

Last edited:

shrewm

May 15, 2010
I got mine few days ago. Seems like this stick is getting more and more popular. Everything on this stick is very smooth. HD streaming from my server via WLAN works perfect (1080p mkv files too). Was hoping for more 3D performance but it´s still OK. GTA Vice city runs perfect.
But I am having trouble with gamepads, pretty hard to get them to work correctly. GTA is the only program where the XBox controllers work like they should after I used xpad.ko from the arctools app. USB/BT Joystick center doesn´t recognize any sticks I plug in. Still testing though...

peaceburn

Dec 5, 2010
Thanks for the review man!

Do you think this is the best stick available on the market? I'm just starting to research on these, and just curious which one is the best bet in the long run, to be supported with newer roms?

agazza

Nov 21, 2011

Do you think this is the best stick available on the market? I'm just starting to research on these, and just curious which one is the best bet in the long run, to be supported with newer roms?

I´m asking the same question. This seems to be the best one so far?

shrewm

May 15, 2010

Well, I would lie if I say it´s the best one because I didn´t test other sticks, only phones. I bought the stick because people who own the 802, 808 or other devices say that the imito is the best stick right now. I took their advice and I am happy with that.
I noticed some issues with the WLAN connection today. To me it looks like the signal is dropping from time to time but gets back up after 2 or 3 seconds and if you search for this issue you will find people who are reporting the same. I do not have this problem with my other devices so it´s the imitos fault I think. The current stable firmware version does not support "true 1080p" output. As far as I found out it´s 720p upscaled to 1080p which makes the picture look a little bit unsharp. There is a custom ROM from a guy named Finless who took the latest beta ROM with true 1080p support and added some stuff and fixes. I think this will improve the stick even more but I will report back after that.

Oh and just to make things clear: I own the imito MX2 not the MX1 - but just the cases differ from those two. The imito MX1 has serious WLAN problems because of the metalcase. It´s nice to see a company noticing their own mistakes and listening to the community, otherwise the MX2 would not exist :)

Edit: One thing I am not able to check right now is that people are complaining that the rk3066 does not support surround sound output. The signal gets downmixed to stereo regardless of which source. My av-reciever is built into a shelf and for that I have no opportunity to check this myself.
Edit2: Just read my text, hope my english is still okay :D

Last edited:

shrewm

May 15, 2010
yeah that´s the one I was talking about. I will backup my device and install this rom in about 1 hour

marcedli

Sep 23, 2010
Budapest

doesn't matter which you buy, the moment it arrives there are more and more better on the market.

At the moment there are quadcore processor ones too, and next week on the CES you'll see more of these...

However about imito mx1/2

the wifi and BT driver are not open source, so until Mediatek doesn't release source for these drivers, you'll not have many custom roms.

BUT

1. no need for it, stock rom is fast and snappy
2. if you not willing to use wifi or BT (internet can come through USB-LAN adapter from router), you can use any custom rom made for MK808 devices.

Here is a Google+ community where we discuss some tricks and tips, apps and games, feel free to join!

http://goo.gl/Oliw7

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

For more info post:

MX1 review
http://goo.gl/42ddZ

MX1 latest Stock ROM (29.11.2012)
http://goo.gl/RTu9j

smirkis

Oct 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
wish more people here would jump on this. i have the mx2 and its a decent little device. i am grabbing a usb wifi adapter today and going to push the new drivers to the device when i get home. the internal wifi chip is not all that great. i had a hell of a time figuring out that unless you are within 10-15 feet of the router, it just wont connect. but with a external usb adapter people have reported way better results. so on to that i go! i'll try to post back as i'd love to get a real community of users here at xda instead of reading at the infested websites of armtvtech and freaktab. i feel like my pc got malware visiting those websites lol

Linuxslate

Jan 13, 2009
linuxslate.com
I have Deal Extreme SKU 165489. (Jesurun NX003)

Sure looks the same as iMito MX1 (SKU 166114), (Of course I paid $5 more :rolleyes:)

Does anybody know if it is really the same? -- e.g. Can I use the same firmwares?

Also, a couple of notes, in case it helps anyone:

I also have the Measy RC11 Air Mouse - Works fine, have never had to reset accelerometer.

ADB runs as root out of the box, so there is no need to root for most changes (such as editing build.prop)

Speaking of build.prop --- When I changed my ro.lcd.density from 160 to 140 (to try to get a more "PC" like experience), it worked, but I lost Movies&TV on Google Play, and several Apps I tried to install reported incompatible (Adobe Reader, for one). I set it back, and both worked again.

Un-powered Mini travel USB hub works fine.

2nd Serial port works as OTG, with the included adapter, so that you end up with 2 full size USB ports.

GE branded generic webcam worked fine as a USB microphone, but when I hit Search with Camera in Google Search/Google Now, it crashes Google Search. I have not installed a camera app to test more.

A RadioShack/GigaWare USB mic/audio device works fine, both as a Mic, and a Audio output device.

fr0d0#2

Aug 22, 2011
My stick will not clock above 1200 MHz - can somebody confirm?

Yes posted everywhere. A heat sink is needed if you want to go higher. I believe there's a similar device with an oc kernel out there that may come to the MX eventually.

I'd like to see a guide on adding a heat sink.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    imito-mx1%5B1%5D.jpg

• Android 4.1.1 OS, Google Play Store pre-installed;
    • Build in Bluetooth
    • Wifi 802.11 b/g/n
    • Rockchip RK3066 Dual core, up to 1.6Ghz, Quad core Mali400 GPU
    • Support XBMC
    • Aluminum Case
    • Dimensions: 3.82 in x 1.54 in x 0.39 in (9.7 cm x 3.9 cm x 1.0 cm)
    • Weight: 1.41 oz (40 g)
    ejgh1353927466613%5B1%5D.jpg

• Operating Language: South Africa Dutch, Amharic, Indonesian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, English, Spanish, French, Croatian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Hungarian, Malay, Dutch, Dona-Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Finnish, Swedish, Swahili, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Turkish, Zulu, Greek, Bulgarian, Russian, Serbian, Ukrainian, Hebrew, Arabic, Farsi, Hindi, Thai, Korean, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
    • Support OTG
    • Supports external 3G network card
    • Support UBS HDD, up to 2TB
    • Support some USB camera, video (eg. with Skype)
    • Support Wireless Keyboard/Mouse 2.4GHz
    • Audio Formats: MP3 / OGG / WMA / WMAPRO
    • Video Formats: MKV, TS, TP, M2TS, RM / RMVB, BD-ISO, AVI, MPG, VOB, DAT, ASF, TRP, FLV etc. full formats
    • Video Codecs: Mpeg 1 / 2 / 4.H.264, VC-1, Divx, Xvid, RM 8 / 9 / 10, VP6
    • Picture Formats: JPEG
    • Subtitle Formats: SubRip [.srt]
    • Output Resolution: 1080P
    • HDMI: 1.3 and 1.4
    • USB: USB 2.0 + Mini USB
    • Video Output: HDMI
    • Audio Output: HDMI
    • Other Interface: 1 x HDMI interface / 1x USB interface / 1x OTG interface / 1x Expansion card interface / 1x Mini USB interface
    • Power Input: 5V 2A
    • Android Market Download: Yes
    • Compatible Application: Youtube / Facebook / Google play
    • Packing List:
      • 1 x Google TV player
      • 1 x 5V 2A EU plug adapter
      • 1 x HDMI cable (20cm)
      • 1 x OTG cable (10cm)
      • 1 x USB cable (60cm)
      • 1 x English user manual
    ROM

How to install firmware?
    (source)

The most important: After you flash this firmware, and next time, when we release new firmware, you don't need to flash in this hard way, you can just copy the firmware *.img file, and rename it to "update.img" and paste it to your Micro SD Card, insert the micro SD card to iMito MX1 and then connect MX1 with TV, the system will inform you "there is a new firmware update detected, and if you want to update", just click "yes", and the flash will go by itself.

So enjoy your new firmware, any questions,please feel free to report to us. :good:;)

doesn't matter which you buy, the moment it arrives there are more and more better on the market.

At the moment there are quadcore processor ones too, and next week on the CES you'll see more of these...

However about imito mx1/2

the wifi and BT driver are not open source, so until Mediatek doesn't release source for these drivers, you'll not have many custom roms.

BUT

1. no need for it, stock rom is fast and snappy
    2. if you not willing to use wifi or BT (internet can come through USB-LAN adapter from router), you can use any custom rom made for MK808 devices.

Here is a Google+ community where we discuss some tricks and tips, apps and games, feel free to join!

http://goo.gl/Oliw7

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

For more info post:

MX1 review
    http://goo.gl/42ddZ

MX1 latest Stock ROM (29.11.2012)
    http://goo.gl/RTu9j
    Peripherals

Android Control App for MX1/MX2
    You can control the iMito with an Android phone.
    attachment.php