Unlock t889 issue - SOLVED

Search This thread

junedar

Jul 8, 2013
I would call Tmobile again and talk to someone else. Maybe ask for tier 2 support. Many times, the first person you get is a low level customer support person that only knows what the computer screen shows them unfortunately.

Will do.. Will update you regarding this.. Thanks so much.

guardm

Jan 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
TMo's tech support dont have an idea. They said I should call Samsung Tech support about my problem. Well, Im just gonna bring over the phone to one of Samsungs Service Center and see if they can help.

Good Luck. Like ping pong? Maybe Tennis? Samsung is gonna send you to your carrier since "Samsung can't unlock the carrier code; Only your carrier can". (I spoke to them over the phone and I doubt the Samsung Experience kiosk staff is not gonna be any better) I went through the same scenario. TMO went as far as to tell me that my phone was PERMANENTLY locked due to MY error in following their instructions that didn't work.

Best bet is downgrade via kies and use the hack at this point. Then upgrade to latest stock rom.

junedar

Jul 8, 2013
Good Luck. Like ping pong? Maybe Tennis? Samsung is gonna send you to your carrier since "Samsung can't unlock the carrier code; Only your carrier can". (I spoke to them over the phone and I doubt the Samsung Experience kiosk staff is not gonna be any better) I went through the same scenario. TMO went as far as to tell me that my phone was PERMANENTLY locked due to MY error in following their instructions that didn't work.

Best bet is downgrade via kies and use the hack at this point. Then upgrade to latest stock rom.

lol, idk if i would feel pissed off or amused by the way these two companies are acting..

Best bet is downgrade via kies and use the hack at this point. Then upgrade to latest stock rom

I already did that.. I used odin to downgrade to T889UVALJ1 then T889UVALL4 and T889UVBMD1.
STill same. . Tried using the hack. Even inputed the network unlock pin TMo had given. Got the message Unlock Sucessfull. registering service. STill Have no signal. restarted the unit. phone asked again for a network unlock pin. inputed it again..
did a checking.:

- Invalid SIM card (Netwrok locked sim card inserted)
- Mobile Network type Unknown
-Service Type - Out of Service
-Roaming -Note Roaming
-Mobile Network State - Disconnected
-My Phone No. - Unknown
-ERI Version - Not Available
-IMEI - 354340050399494

I feel kinda frustrated.
WTF am I doing wrong

guardm

Jan 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
lol, idk if i would feel pissed off or amused by the way these two companies are acting..

I already did that.. I used odin to downgrade to T889UVALJ1 then T889UVALL4 and T889UVBMD1.
STill same. . Tried using the hack. Even inputed the network unlock pin TMo had given. Got the message Unlock Sucessfull. registering service. STill Have no signal. restarted the unit. phone asked again for a network unlock pin. inputed it again..
did a checking.:

- Invalid SIM card (Netwrok locked sim card inserted)
- Mobile Network type Unknown
-Service Type - Out of Service
-Roaming -Note Roaming
-Mobile Network State - Disconnected
-My Phone No. - Unknown
-ERI Version - Not Available
-IMEI - 354340050399494

I feel kinda frustrated.
WTF am I doing wrong

Yea......your phone is not unlocked. When I downgraded to VALJ1 rom, I used the hack to unlock and everything worked with a ATT sim. I then upgraded and still had my unlock working. I only needed to be unlocked for a short time while I visited a non TMO friendly area. Note, there has been another update since then. I haven't used any other sim since doing the latest update so I can't verify if it is still unlocked. I have since wiped and taken my device back to stock rom since I no longer need to be unlocked (and got tired of seeing "modified" as my system status).

Test your non TMO sim while you are in VALJ1 and have used the hack. That is when mine worked. So, I may not be of much help beyond that. Sorry.

I am sure that you will find the answer if you continue to read the forums.

junedar

Jul 8, 2013
Yea......your phone is not unlocked. When I downgraded to VALJ1 rom, I used the hack to unlock and everything worked with a ATT sim. I then upgraded and still had my unlock working. I only needed to be unlocked for a short time while I visited a non TMO friendly area. Note, there has been another update since then. I haven't used any other sim since doing the latest update so I can't verify if it is still unlocked. I have since wiped and taken my device back to stock rom since I no longer need to be unlocked (and got tired of seeing "modified" as my system status).

Test your non TMO sim while you are in VALJ1 and have used the hack. That is when mine worked. So, I may not be of much help beyond that. Sorry.

I am sure that you will find the answer if you continue to read the forums.

I have a question.. if you update or downgrade a firmware isnt it like a format in PC terms?

What if I would install another firmware in my SGH-t889 like those other international version (ex GT-N710)?

guardm

Jan 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
I have a question.. if you update or downgrade a firmware isnt it like a format in PC terms?

What if I would install another firmware in my SGH-t889 like those other international version (ex GT-N710)?

PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

If you install an upgrade or downgrade, it will replace your existing rom. If you are using a stock version of your device-specific rom, you can do it with ODIN. You should back up your contact, calendar, texts, sms, pictures, etc. Contacts and calendar are on google if you set it up previously. Most apps from Play Store are stored in my apps in Play Store. Text, sms, and picture on your device will be permanently gone if you don't back them up.

If you are using a custom rom, you must be sure that it is specific to your device. Flashing the wrong rom can brick your device. So proceed with caution and read the forum for that particular rom carefully to be sure that all the features you want are working. Some roms have some bugs such as decreased battery life, camera features, etc. I have tried flashing many roms with success and you can do it too. Also keep in mind that your warranty will be voided if you have issues and your carrier knows your device is modded in any way. Best advice I can give you is, if you are not sure and not willing to take a risk, stay stock. This is not to discourage you; just proceed after you feel confident enough to take the leap.

Disclaimer- Again, I am NOT an expert, so if I am wrong, someone correct me. What you choose to do with your device is your decision. I assume no responsibility for what you choose to do.

junedar

Jul 8, 2013
PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

If you install an upgrade or downgrade, it will replace your existing rom. If you are using a stock version of your device-specific rom, you can do it with ODIN. You should back up your contact, calendar, texts, sms, pictures, etc. Contacts and calendar are on google if you set it up previously. Most apps from Play Store are stored in my apps in Play Store. Text, sms, and picture on your device will be permanently gone if you don't back them up.

If you are using a custom rom, you must be sure that it is specific to your device. Flashing the wrong rom can brick your device. So proceed with caution and read the forum for that particular rom carefully to be sure that all the features you want are working. Some roms have some bugs such as decreased battery life, camera features, etc. I have tried flashing many roms with success and you can do it too. Also keep in mind that your warranty will be voided if you have issues and your carrier knows your device is modded in any way. Best advice I can give you is, if you are not sure and not willing to take a risk, stay stock. This is not to discourage you; just proceed after you feel confident enough to take the leap.

Disclaimer- Again, I am NOT an expert, so if I am wrong, someone correct me. What you choose to do with your device is your decision. I assume no responsibility for what you choose to do.

Thanks. Ill prolly do it as my last resort.

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

BTW, since I dont have any box, can Odin do anything else aside from installing firmware? I had used the default settings auto reboot and F reset time. and checked PDA.

guardm

Jan 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
Thanks. Ill prolly do it as my last resort.

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

BTW, since I dont have any box, can Odin do anything else aside from installing firmware? I had used the default settings auto reboot and F reset time. and checked PDA.

I have only used it to install stock roms. I'm sure it does other things but I am not familiar enough with it to offer any advanced input....sorry. I never bothered to look for additional info since I learned to use the features I needed.

Reactions: junedar

danielsajit

Nov 13, 2013
sim unlock

hey guys i flashed my samsung galaxy note 2 SGHT889 to 4.1.1. from 4.1.2..... i still couldn unlock my phone as i still cannot see the NO 4 option in Network Lock screen... wil i ever be able to unlock my phone.... the unlock code provided by tmobile is also not working.... what do i do next? please reply me or mail me danielsajit@gmail.com..... any good advice and suggestion will be greatly appreciated....

Reactions: Coug76

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
hey guys i flashed my samsung galaxy note 2 SGHT889 to 4.1.1. from 4.1.2..... i still couldn unlock my phone as i still cannot see the NO 4 option in Network Lock screen... wil i ever be able to unlock my phone.... the unlock code provided by tmobile is also not working.... what do i do next? please reply me or mail me danielsajit@gmail.com..... any good advice and suggestion will be greatly appreciated....

While I truly didn't intend to thank your post...

Make certain you are using the 4.1.1 radio with your 4.1.1 rom, that is an important detail.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Sobaro

Oct 27, 2012
Lattakia
i have T889 on android 4.3 locked
i unlocked via z3x but network appear for 15 minutes and then turns on Searching... every time i have to re unlock via z3x and after 15 minutes network gone
Any suggestions plz?

Jul 26, 2006
i have T889 on android 4.3 locked
i unlocked via z3x but network appear for 15 minutes and then turns on Searching... every time i have to re unlock via z3x and after 15 minutes network gone
Any suggestions plz?

I had a T889 on 4.3 locked, I just flashed a stock T-Mobile 4.1 on it, followed the simple steps described in the original post, and re-updated to 4.3. Worked like a charm and now my phone is factory unlocked.

Reactions: Sobaro

dhenryxda

Jun 14, 2016
I had a similar issue, and akdnj88 had the right solution for me.

I had tried to unlock with the wrong code (was using the code from another phone) and tried more than 5 times. I then googled and found the UMTS method, but found that my phones firmware is patched to not allow the final step, as many have said.

I then tried the official process to get the code from ATT. They sent it. I tried it. It didn't work. I thought "oh, the multiple failures permlocked my phone - Sh*t!" I decided to google how to unlock/root a permalocked phone and found this thread.

I read the post that said the failed UMTS method left the phone in the wrong state for the official unlock code to work, and gave it a try. Go back into the UMTS and at step 5. select - perso sha256 ON. reboot, insert foreign SIM, enter official unlock code.

SUCCESS!

unfortunately, I'm already home from my trip, so I still blew 25 EU on a sim+1GB data code I never used. PM me if interested in buying it from me.
- FRANCE ORANGE network. SIM + 1GB reload code. paid 25 EU, will take $25. arbitrage benes go to you;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I encountered the same problem couple weeks ago. The problem is not caused by the TMO firmware update but rather the fact that you tried to unlock the phone using the hack you found on the internet. Per instruction on the free unlock hack online, you selected "PERSO SHA256 OFF", this step is what prevented the phone from being successfully unlocked with TMo unlock code. In order for the TMO unlock code to work, you have to select "PERSO SHA256 ON", then follow the instruction steps to unlock using TMO code. That is what I did and it worked for me. Hope this helps anyone who will run into this problem in the future. Cheers :good:
    I recently was issued an official unlock code for my t889 from tmo. I tried to unlock the device using an ATT sim and got the "network unlock unsuccessful" message. Apparently, I'm a dunce and didn't read AND follow the instructions properly and entered the wrong code more than once. Now I am told that my device is PERMANENTLY LOCKED and cannot be unlocked. Is this correct? Is there a way to fix it? HELLLP

Hi, im not sure if this is gonna help, but the way I unlock mine was with the help of a simple youtube search. Im new her so i cant post a link.

Steps: dial *#197328640#
    step 1: umts
    step 2: debug screen
    step 3: phone control
    step 4 network lock
    step 5: perso sha256 off ( wait 30 seconds than hit the menu key and hit back)
    step 6: nw lock nv data initialliz (wait about 1 minute and exit.
    reboot and that should be it.

Try that out and if it does not work "meaning you dont see all of the options" all you have to do is downgrade to an older version of Stock " yes you will have to root again but it gets the job done.

If it helps dont forget to hit thanks.
    Thanks for your reply. I tried this before and all the worked until it comes to step 5. When I go back, the item "nw lock nv initialliz" (in your step 6), isn't there to select. Perhaps downgrading is the answer?

The part I don't seem to understand is that TMO says because I entered the wrong code multiple times, I lost the ability to unlock. Does this method overwrite or fix the permanent lock they spoke of?

Yeah if u dont see it you must downgrade.

and as far as the overwrite im not sure. sorry
    You, sir are correct. I was able to downgrade via Odin, but I lost some functions (which didn't matter since it was only temporary). I performed the steps you provided and tested with an ATT sim. It worked. Then I updated to current stock ROM and rooted. Tested again with ATT sim and my device is still unlocked. Thanks for your help. I hope anyone else who runs into this issue, can find this post and learn like I did.

Im glad i could help. :good:
    After the sim unlock, sim card in HK still also can use it?

I cannot say it will work with HK sim since I have NO experience with that card or even overseas. However, I can say that ATT&T sim works every time I put it in the phone. Have you ever used a HK sim in another phone? If you did and it worked, I don't see why it wouldn't work in this one.