[kernel][4.4][3.0.101LTS][linaro 4.7] UBER 4.0 quincyatt [Jan20] - FINAL

Search This thread

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan
I don't know what happened with Carbon because I ran the same download yesterday and it was fine.. and I am currently running the same Kernel download with Pac and it's PERFECTION.. So, something happened during the marriage ceremony of Carbon & Uber.. But rest assured, that marriage WILL take place once this affair with Pacman is over.. :cool:

Thanks for the settings pics Mr. D.

Nothing wrong with using pacman its a decent ROM :)
When I feel phablet & 200dpi system wide isn't enough I'll flash pacman to play with app settings :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: rsalib

DarthScabrous

Dec 22, 2012
Forgive me for sounding stupid, but how do I flash this kernel? Is it just going into recovery and flashing? Or is there something else?

DARKCHYLDX101

Jun 11, 2011
City of Sin
Jamie..Have you broke the 10000 mark in antutu yet? Heard the new qualcoms 800 series got a Max of 35000. Coming out in devices in the third quarter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

DARKCHYLDX101

Jun 11, 2011
City of Sin
Is that the Sony phablet? Also heard liquid cooling will be apart of the next gen devices. Gonna need it if they're using a 2.3+ GHz cpu with advanced Lte.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan
Not stable but fun lolol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371666634385.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371666634385.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 606

Cl3Kener

Feb 4, 2013
Cleveland, OH
plus.google.com
dunno ill have to play with it more another time, i got 3 reboots in 30 minutes last night, but when it ran it was pretty smooth

Raising the voltages on the high end (for me at least) seems to reduce the heat which keeps thermal from forcing a reboot when your phone reaches 80 degrees Celsius. It's a good thing the kernel has thermal or else you might have been forced to update to the Sony you mentioned earlier due to your phone melting....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan
Raising the voltages on the high end (for me at least) seems to reduce the heat which keeps thermal from forcing a reboot when your phone reaches 80 degrees Celsius. It's a good thing the kernel has thermal or else you might have been forced to update to the Sony you mentioned earlier due to your phone melting....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

funny thing is i didnt feel any heat off the back of the phone, i was constantly checking
no reboots during benchmarks, they were all when opening apps or flinging through an app

but i agree, Thermal is an awesome thing to have and a MUST for o/c kernels :)

2sl0w

Jun 29, 2011
funny thing is i didnt feel any heat off the back of the phone, i was constantly checking
no reboots during benchmarks, they were all when opening apps or flinging through an app

but i agree, Thermal is an awesome thing to have and a MUST for o/c kernels :)

Are the default thermal settings optimal by default with your kernel Jamie? I was wondering if they could be tweaked..
uqa6epym.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan
Are the default thermal settings optimal by default with your kernel Jamie? I was wondering if they could be tweaked..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

shouldnt need to change them, i havent touched them and run 1.72ghz at all times, never a forced reboot due to high temp :)

btw, carbon nightlies since 18th you do NOT need to flash the root fix anymore, ill slowly update my other roms so this fix will no longer be needed :)

Reactions: 2sl0w and rsalib

JamieD81

Nov 11, 2009
Duncan
I've been running this kernel all afternoon on my ROM with no issues.

Very nice work Jamie. :thumbup:

Do you mind if I post the link to this thread, to let people know they can have a kernel with more frills?

Sent from my phone using XDA premium app

No problem, more exposure the better :)

studacris

Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
Noticed something I've never seen before:

Bln blinks automatically, I just activated it with bln control pro, and it blinked.

So...in that app I go to the blinking settings and they're off, turn them on and send myself a text...I got this weird double stutter blink.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UBER KERNEL

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE, YOU ARE FLASHING THESE AT YOUR OWN RISK, THOUGH I HAVE TESTED THEM I CANT SAY IT WILL WORK THE SAME FOR YOU, SO IF FLASHING THIS STARTS NUCLEAR WAR OR YOUR PHONE COMBUST'S ITS ON YOU, now on to the good stuff :)

FEATURES UBER 4.0
    - Kernel Version 3.0.101 LTS - this is the final 3.0.y build
    - Built with Linaro 4.7 toolchain
    - BLN support *for jb only no longer supported in kk and won't be*
    - USB fastcharge
    - Fsync toggle - disable for better performance but beware that if your phone crashes you will lose data.
    - Overclocked CPU 2ghz / GPU 3D = 320 2D = 266
    - IO Schedulers - cfq, bfq, row, noop, deadline, sio, vr, and zen
    - CPU Governors - intellidemand, interactivex, lazy, wheatley, smartass, badass, lionheart, minmax, fantasy, savagedzen, scary and samsung.
    - Frandom Lag Reducer
    - Smaller sized kernel due to xz compression.
    - CPU link - elbermu
    - Sweep2wake - thanks dennis rassmann (@show-p1984) for his awesome code and elbermu for modifying it to fit this device!
    - Thermal - thanks once again to dennis rassmann (@show-p1984) for his awesome code and elbermu for modifying it to fit this device!
    - IO Booster
    - CPU Power - Vincent Guittot
    - Frontswap Support
    - Google "Snappy" compression/decompression
    - KGSL GPU Control - carvsdriver
    - Fixed boot charging animation
    - And tons more

BUGS
    - im sure there are some

DOWNLOADS
    - January20 - BLOWNCO - DEVHOST **NO MIRRORS**
    4.4 ROMS ONLY DO NOT FLASH ON 4.3.x

CHANGELOG
    January20
    - FINAL BUILD
    - bumped it up to 2ghz like cm11
    - hopefully this build lasts as long as the last :)

INFO
    - please check THIS thread before posting ANY BUG REPORTS, shoot the guy a thanks while your over there!

THANKS
    - Cl3kener for the sources and all his hard work and help
    - chris41g for a ton of help
    - anyone else that deserves thanks :)

SOURCE
    - HERE

Extra reading for users here
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Donations are cherrished and appreciated and only used to further development *new goal, new cpu/mb for faster building*​
    updated kernel, lots added, check OP for full changelog
    new uber release is up, check kernel source for all the changes
    new UBER release is up, check op for changes!
    new 4.3 uber kernel up enjoy :)
    READ OP