[KERNEL][3.0.31]standard + working HDMI

Search This thread

Crumplet

Sep 20, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
@ "lucize" When you have time can you make a revamped JBX 4.3 kernel with aokp+cm10.2 roms in mind?Cause with that said i think i could upgrade my phone from stock to 4.3 as my daily driver.Kitkat seems to be really locked down when it comes to app compatibility's.

mvoid533

Apr 29, 2012
WONOSOBO
Its stable on resurrection remix 4.4.2
Standby mode is ok
But when we use it
The battery ? draining so fast

Sent from The Land of New Hope
There will be a morning after

stargo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 7, 2011
Fürth
Hi,

Any updates on finding the culprit?Also do you have any plans on updating your kernel to address this issue?

I have finally found the issue with distorted bluetooth SCO output. It's not a kernel issue at all!
The closed-source Motorola audio-blob is returning wrong values when sending speech to bluetooth-devices, causing the rest of the system to freak out. CM actually uses the return-value to determine if everything has been correctly played back, which cannot work if the value is wrong.

I have now wrapped the binary blob and modify the return value if this happens: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/63328/

Please grab the wrapper for your phone from: http://droid.cs.fau.de/cm-11.0/test/audio/

Copy it to /system/lib/hw/ (permissions 644, -rw-r--r--, root:root) and reboot the device. After that it should work.

If anything goes wrong just delete the file again or reflash your current ROM.

Please reply if it does, so I know it's safe to push the publish-button to get that into the CM builds.

Regards,
Michael

Crumplet

Sep 20, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hi,

I have finally found the issue with distorted bluetooth SCO output. It's not a kernel issue at all!
The closed-source Motorola audio-blob is returning wrong values when sending speech to bluetooth-devices, causing the rest of the system to freak out. CM actually uses the return-value to determine if everything has been correctly played back, which cannot work if the value is wrong.

I have now wrapped the binary blob and modify the return value if this happens: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/63328/

Please grab the wrapper for your phone from: http://droid.cs.fau.de/cm-11.0/test/audio/

Copy it to /system/lib/hw/ (permissions 644, -rw-r--r--, root:root) and reboot the device. After that it should work.

Please reply if it does, so I know it's safe to push the publish-button to get that into the CM builds.

Regards,
Michael

When i get a chance i will look into it, Thank you.

Crumplet

Sep 20, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hi,

Regards,
Michael

I tested this on slimkat's latest night and I confirm it works . I still need to test with other roms.

Update: i repacked this into cyanfox latest nightly and i confirm it was not working, however i think it has something to do with cyanfox coding and googlenow.Still testing other roms.

Update:Works with carbonroms latest nightly it addressed the issue,i had to repacked your fix into the latest nightly and all is well.

Do you want me to test on any other roms?Anything specific?Other then that it seems to be stable to me.
Sent from my XT910 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Crumplet

Sep 20, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
I tested this on slimkat's latest night and I confirm it works . I still need to test with other roms.

Update: i repacked this into cyanfox latest nightly and i confirm it was not working, however i think it has something to do with cyanfox coding and googlenow.Still testing other roms.

Update:Works with carbonroms latest nightly it addressed the issue,i had to repacked your fix into the latest nightly and all is well.

Do you want me to test on any other roms?Anything specific?Other then that it seems to be stable to me.
Sent from my XT910 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Bumping, day 2 now using your fix on carbonrom and everything seems super stable, i have not experienced and glitches as of yet.

derfe

Apr 27, 2017
Motorola XT925 - JB 4.1.2 - LCD Disable & HDMI Enable

Hello there,

I´m new user here.
My questions is not relate to you job, sorry. But about LCD and HDMI interfaces.

So, I have a Motorola XT925 android 4.1.2. I remove phone screen and connect to my TV using the HDMI output, but the phone stuck on Motorola´s logo. (stock rom)
I think that phone is rebooting every time that LCD presence check returns fail (no screen).

I had attempt update android for 4.4.2 but TV shown No Signal. But android is running (previouslly I had installed the teamviewer app and I could connect to phone, but no remote screen) (official update from motorola)

My questions:
There is a way to disable LCD check on boot and make HDMI live on android 4.1.2?
Or on android 4.4.2 there is a way to enable HDMI on boot?
Where I can get information about this?

thanks in advance
Fred.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, if someone is willing to try this kernel I will appreciate !
    I need more user input, I tested it only on Droid 4 but the user base is not so large as RAZR so I made a build for it.

the kernel is a clean 3.0.31 (almost) there are no additional stuff like those present on dtrail JBX kernel, no overclocking, and based on my tests I can say it's stable. Most of the my version of kernel where merged on dtrail's kernel.

you can see in the picture attached that the standby seems to be really good (on 1735mah)
    you need to use safestrap 3.65 or overwrite the files directly in the rom image.

I repeat that I don't own a RAZR and I would appreciate your input.

Edit:
    the sources are here:
    https://github.com/lucize/android_kernel_motorola_omap4-common

07.04.2014 - improve hdmi detection, should work 1080p everywhere, hwc.c update is needed from your ROM maintainer

19.03.2014 - hdmi from kernel 3.4, my sony avr is now a good boy and outputs sound

18.03.2014 - fixed HDMI native cable and colors, 720p and sound over HDMI on my philips but 1080p over DVI, movies 1080p over HDMI, but no sound on my sony receiver without a monitor attached, please share your experience.

WIP HDMI, on my philips monitor, hdmi - hdmi is not working, only hdmi - dvi, please test if this is working for you, the colors are reversed, hopefully i'll understand why, tested only on droid 4, please share your experience.

Regards
    Hi,

Any updates on finding the culprit?Also do you have any plans on updating your kernel to address this issue?

Regards,
    Michael
    Hi,

HDMI test report here.

CM11-20140317 / umts_spyder (XT910) / stock slot
    TV support 1080P & 720P ( auto-detect )

1. Connection OK, video & audio both work.
    2. TV shows "720P input" but seems to be 1080P actually. So video is "BIGGER" than screen and don't know how to adjust it.
    3. When play movie with subtitle, I need to disable "HW overlay" in developer menu to get subtitle display on HDMI output.

One small suggestion, how about limit HDMI output to 720P for now?
    I know spyder/umts_spyder can do 1080P, but focus on 720P may be easier.

BTW, thanks for your great job to get HDMI work!

I think that I had it work in 1080p at some point in time everywhere, when you play some 1080p content it should switch to 1080p

glad that is working for you and didn't waste my time on nothing :)

Regards
    Succesfully instal on my umts spyder, will try the hdmi feature this afternoon, thx for a great work

some devices lack something in hot plug detection, lucky for me that my device worked without that workaroud and I could finish developing it, but stargo has fixed the hpd thing and should work on all devices, is on the waiting list in gerrit, should be in mainline asap

regards

I updated the kernel bluetooth stack from 3.8 to tested it, but it seems that is not kernel fixable, the app works ok if I connect the phone to my laptop or desktop via a bluetooth 3.0 dongle (or builtin bluetooth from laptop). I tried to compile a kitkat aosp but needs more work. I think that the audio mixer from android is not resampling correctly, for now I want to see why hdmi is not working 1080p everywhere and if I can make ac3 or dts passthrough via hdmi

regards