[KERNEL][A510/A700][07/30] Z-Kernel Beta

Search This thread

dadecamp

Nov 19, 2011
casa grande
No luck for me.I've had several random reboots. Going back to Pac Man. Thanks for your efforts. I will follow your progress.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Elibl

Dec 20, 2011
really great stuff here amazing to read. @Ziyan keep on the track your work is highly appreciated ;)

I'll may build an a510 version and try...

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Ziyan and davze

Ziyan

Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2010
Could someone please post the A510/A700's boot partition size? Just in case I decide to add something, lol...
Anyways, I'm still working on fixing max frequencies over the 10th step (1150 mhz)... something got messed up there :mad:

Reactions: Elibl

Elibl

Dec 20, 2011
Could someone please post the A510/A700's boot partition size? Just in case I decide to add something, lol...
Anyways, I'm still working on fixing max frequencies over the 10th step (1150 mhz)... something got messed up there :mad:

Code:
Target boot image: /home/eli/android/system/out/target/product/a510/boot.img
/home/eli/android/system/out/target/product/a510/boot.img maxsize=8562048 blocksize=4224 total=4241408 reserve=88704

@Ziyan: fyi you deleted picasso_m_defconfig (A510) in your last commit it's totally the same configuration as the same hardware only resolution differs

i tried it on a510 and it worked the first time but then after doing an update of ParanoidAndroid and flashing the kernel again it always froze directly after boot process will get a dmesg the next time

so what are your plans are you even considering to go up to 3.4 :p if it's even possible^^

so here is an a510 version with ParanoidAndroid ramdisk

Attachments

• boot.img
    4 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: Ziyan

Ziyan

Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2010
Code:
Target boot image: /home/eli/android/system/out/target/product/a510/boot.img
/home/eli/android/system/out/target/product/a510/boot.img maxsize=8562048 blocksize=4224 total=4241408 reserve=88704

@Ziyan: fyi you deleted picasso_m_defconfig (A510) in your last commit it's totally the same configuration as the same hardware only resolution differs

i tried it on a510 and it worked the first time but then after doing an update of ParanoidAndroid and flashing the kernel again it always froze directly after boot process will get a dmesg the next time

so what are your plans are you even considering to go up to 3.4 :p if it's even possible^^

so here is an a510 version with ParanoidAndroid ramdisk

Thanks, looks like we've got plenty of space left (at least for a kernel).
Yeah, I deleted picasso_m_defconfig, because I didn't update it with the changes, so it was way behind, and difference is originally only one line between them, so I'll just recreate it when I fix the issue with the freq's :highfive:
As for the versions, 3.2 seems okay (nvidia updated their tegra kernel to 3.2), 3.4 would be a lot harder. I think I may try 3.2 in the future, after 3.1 is completed.

Reactions: imtheyoyo and Elibl

Elibl

Dec 20, 2011
Thanks, looks like we've got plenty of space left (at least for a kernel).
Yeah, I deleted picasso_m_defconfig, because I didn't update it with the changes, so it was way behind, and difference is originally only one line between them, so I'll just recreate it when I fix the issue with the freq's :highfive:
As for the versions, 3.2 seems okay (nvidia updated their tegra kernel to 3.2), 3.4 would be a lot harder. I think I may try 3.2 in the future, after 3.1 is completed.

Ow yeah that sounds incredible this will push the devices a lot :D thanks a lot for your work

Not like recovery^^ needed to use lzma compression for kernel and ramdisk to fit twrp 2.7 size

Yeah I also just copied mf defconfig and changed that line to m one

Last edited:

Elibl

Dec 20, 2011
so here is a kmsg of a freeze it only happens when it optimizes apps after cache dalvik wipe i think due to overheating cpu and after that it always freezes instantly after boot maybe it will start up again after cool down...

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    54.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Ziyan

Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2010
so here is a kmsg of a freeze it only happens when it optimizes apps after cache dalvik wipe i think due to overheating cpu and after that it always freezes instantly after boot maybe it will start up again after cool down...

I think you should take a look at logcat too, we may see something going on there. The last message came 107s after booting. At 94s, the CPU temp was 67c, that's not that bad. Anyways, I'll modify EDP a bit in the next version, so it will throttle at around 73c.

Elibl

Dec 20, 2011
I think you should take a look at logcat too, we may see something going on there. The last message came 107s after booting. At 94s, the CPU temp was 67c, that's not that bad. Anyways, I'll modify EDP a bit in the next version, so it will throttle at around 73c.

here you go first one is freeze while optimizing the second one successful boot up but unable to unlock (no touch recognition) only able to wake up screen not even able to lock it again

and the tab is really getting hot...

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    358.7 KB · Views: 3
  • logcat2.txt
    403.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Ziyan

Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2010
here you go first one is freeze while optimizing the second one successful boot up but unable to unlock (no touch recognition) only able to wake up screen not even able to lock it again

and the tab is really getting hot...

Ok, try disabling OC in the defconfig. I think it's the combination of OC + UV, some devices can't handle both.

Elibl

Dec 20, 2011
Ok, try disabling OC in the defconfig. I think it's the combination of OC + UV, some devices can't handle both.

ok i disabled ultimate cpu oc and this way it finally was usable also after optimizing process. got 12384 on antutu. but the first time i booted after dalvik and cache wipe i got a bootloop log showing something like:
Code:
I/auditd  ( 1425): Starting up
E/auditd  ( 1425): Failed on audit_set_pid with error: Protocol not supported
I/auditd  ( 1425): Exiting
V/Sensors (  552): void cb_onMotion(uint16_t)
I/auditd  ( 1429): Starting up
E/auditd  ( 1429): Failed on audit_set_pid with error: Protocol not supported
I/auditd  ( 1429): Exiting
I/auditd  ( 1433): Starting up
E/auditd  ( 1433): Failed on audit_set_pid with error: Protocol not supported
I/auditd  ( 1433): Exiting

in a loop but next boot was ok

hope all this stuff may help you :p

Reactions: Ziyan

Ziyan

Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2010
ok i disabled ultimate cpu oc and this way it finally was usable also after optimizing process. got 12384 on antutu. but the first time i booted after dalvik and cache wipe i got a bootloop log showing something like:
Code:
I/auditd  ( 1425): Starting up
E/auditd  ( 1425): Failed on audit_set_pid with error: Protocol not supported
I/auditd  ( 1425): Exiting
V/Sensors (  552): void cb_onMotion(uint16_t)
I/auditd  ( 1429): Starting up
E/auditd  ( 1429): Failed on audit_set_pid with error: Protocol not supported
I/auditd  ( 1429): Exiting
I/auditd  ( 1433): Starting up
E/auditd  ( 1433): Failed on audit_set_pid with error: Protocol not supported
I/auditd  ( 1433): Exiting

in a loop but next boot was ok

That's a selinux error, it should work as it's enabled in the kernel. What's the output of the last two command?
su
getsebool
getenforce

Ziyan

Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2010
Here's a test build. I don't have the A700 with me till next week, so someone (who's not afraid to flash back the previous version if this doesn't work) please test it. I'd be so happy if it'd fix the problem with max frequencies... I need a dmesg too after setting a max frequency between 1400 and 1700 mhz :good:

in_qemu --> off

and

enforcing

I think this build fixes that, it turns out that CONFIG_AUDIT_GENERIC was turned off for some reason. I managed to create such a messy commit (sorry, git said me to finish the cherry-pick before I can commit other files, so I did that lol I wasn't excepting this) that I recommend you to just copy the file and edit the lines you need again :D

Last edited:
Reactions: chacal1906

Elibl

Dec 20, 2011
Here's a test build. I don't have the A700 with me till next week, so someone (who's not afraid to flash back the previous version if this doesn't work) please test it. I'd be so happy if it'd fix the problem with max frequencies... I need a dmesg too after setting a max frequency between 1400 and 1700 mhz :good:

I think this build fixes that, it turns out that CONFIG_AUDIT_GENERIC was turned off for some reason. I managed to create such a messy commit (sorry, git said me to finish the cherry-pick before I can commit other files, so I did that lol I wasn't excepting this) that I recommend you to just copy the file and edit the lines you need again :D

No one here to test? I'm busy at the moment so sorry no time...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Z-Kernel's thread!

Features
    - Base kernel fully updated to linux-tegra-nv-3.1 (bug fixes & performance improvements)
    - Simplified board codes
    - Cleaned up Acer specific code

Changelog
    r2:
    - Restarted kernel development (r1's features not implemented yet)
    - Base kernel fully updated to linux-tegra-nv-3.1 (bug fixes & performance improvements)
    - Simplified board codes

r1:
    - CPU OC to 1.6 ghz by default (should be stable)
    - GPU OC support up to 700MHz (default is 520 mhz)
    - Overclocked LP core from 500 to 620 mhz
    - Custom user voltage control for CPU and Core components such as EMC, GPU, and LP (faux123)
    - Dynamic FSYNC
    - Optimized KSM
    - Optimized ZRAM
    - Compiled using latest Linaro toolchain with optimized compiler flags
    - Optimized SLUB and use SLUB by default instead of SLAB
    - Glibc memcpy and memmove
    - Deadline improvements for solid state drives
    - Proportional Rate Reduction for TCP
    - Tegra 3 variant display (faux123)
    - Optimized swahb32 byteswap helper
    - Asynchronous I/O latency improved through removal of plug in do_io_submit()
    - allow use of an I/O controller's native max block size
    - Optimized ARM RWSEM algorithm
    - timer: optimize apply_slack()
    - Optimized crypto algorithms
    - Optimized AES and SHA1 routines
    - LowMemoryKiller fixes and improvements
    - Lock performance governor to all 4 cores
    - Many scheduler improvements and optimizations
    - updated bcmdhd driver (wifi)
    - over 450 changes committed, so the above list isn't complete

Complete list of changes can be found in the commit log: https://github.com/Ziyann/android_kernel_acer_t30

I'm not responsible if anything bad happens with your device!

This build has been tested on CM11 only, so if you run into something with other ROMs, report it and I will see what I need to change to cooperate with it.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Z-Kernel, Kernel for the Acer Iconia A700 and A510

Contributors
    Ziyan
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: R2
    Stable Release Date: 2014-07-30

Created 2014-09-23
    Last Updated 2014-09-23
    So far I've got OCing up to 1.5 ghz work like it should (so if you set 1.5 ghz, it will actually scale all four cores up to that freq). I'm tinkering a bit more with it, up to 1.7 ghz (that's the harder part, as I need to add some custom dvfs tables for the high freqs) would make me satisfied with the OC part of the kernel :rolleyes:
    Woohoo! Rock'n Roll :thumbup:
    Do you know when the stable version will be ready?

The A700 is here, so soon. She's with me for a week, I'm planning to fully update her kernel to tegra-l4t-r16-16.4 (which is the last official 3.1 kernel for tegra 3) in the following day(s), so that will be the first stable version. :fingers-crossed:
    any news of this one?

I'll try to come up with something on the following week :) my semester is ending :victory:
    Gonna have the A700 in 2 days, I'll come up with something after it :)