[APP] Bookmarks Light - Beta testers needed. v1.2 (new version 2/2/11)

Search This thread

Doxola

May 31, 2010
Los Angeles
So far, so good

Working well on Dinc, SkyRaider 3.3.3.

Looking forward to the implementation of the browser-selection-per-bookmark option.

Ben74

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2006
glad to hear folks are enjoying the app. thanks to you all for testing it.

i'm hearing a lot of good feature ideas. i wasn't really planning on putting a lot more work into this program, but now i'm wondering if anyone would be willing to pay 99 cents for a "pro" version with import/export, persistence of per-bookmark browser choice, folders, and maybe a home screen widget?

i'm unemployed at the moment, and will be starting a job hunt soon. however, i could justify putting off getting a job if i can make a little money on this app. please leave some feedback about whether you'd pay for a pro version!

Ben74

Oct 18, 2006
I'm assuming this utilizes the bookmarks already on your phone? I sync my bookmarks. So, say I sync them using an app, will this still pick up my bookmarks?

yep, it shows you the bookmarks from the system bookmark database. what sync program are you using? as long as it's syncing with the system database, my app should show your up-to-date bookmarks.

mynicksucks

Jul 20, 2010
I think I'd pay for it. But a pricing like 0,49€ would let me press the buy-button with less thinking. Don't know how much you get from that value, but imagine 50k downloads...

Sent from my Desire using XDA app

pingels

Apr 27, 2006
OnePlus 6
glad to hear folks are enjoying the app. thanks to you all for testing it.

i'm hearing a lot of good feature ideas. i wasn't really planning on putting a lot more work into this program, but now i'm wondering if anyone would be willing to pay 99 cents for a "pro" version with import/export, persistence of per-bookmark browser choice, folders, and maybe a home screen widget?

i'm unemployed at the moment, and will be starting a job hunt soon. however, i could justify putting off getting a job if i can make a little money on this app. please leave some feedback about whether you'd pay for a pro version!
I'll pay at least $2 for the import/export and i guess per-bookmark browser options. Dont really care about the per-bookmark one yet (I mostly use the stock browser), but whatever. I cant speak for others but you'll be giving android users something they dont have already. Another thing I'd pay (more than $5) for would be periodically syncing with my google chrome bookmarks...

epakrat75

Aug 11, 2010
Chicago
I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to pay 99 cents for a "pro" version with import/export, persistence of per-bookmark browser choice, folders, and maybe a home screen widget?

I'd definitely pay 99¢ for a resizable (a la launcher pro), scrollable widget alone and import / export alone. :D

EDIT: While I have access to the Bookmarks widget that came with Launcher Pro Plus, I like your app better. So, having a widget replacement of it would be awesome! :cool:

Last edited:

o4kareg

Mar 31, 2010
Krasnodar
4pda.ru
Installed to Tattoo. No FCs, works fine till now.
Feature request: bookmarks import from Opera Mini, Dolphin, etc. And as for Opera Mini, wish Bookmarks to import quick launch icons as bookmarks, too. Thx in advance! Would even pay for it, though we, Russians, usually don't pay for software :D

Ben74

Oct 18, 2006
new version uploaded

if anyone can help translate the app into other languages, please contact me

it sounds like a pro version is a good idea. i will see what i can do. :)

ishkarioth

May 20, 2010
I'd love to use this app and maybe helping to translate to spanish, but get FC every time I try to tun it.

HTC Hero on Android 2.1 (original spanish Orange ROM)

Ben74

Oct 18, 2006
I'd love to use this app and maybe helping to translate to spanish, but get FC every time I try to tun it.

HTC Hero on Android 2.1 (original spanish Orange ROM)

there was a problem with the app on eclair. thanks for finding that. uploaded new version.

o4kareg

Mar 31, 2010
Krasnodar
4pda.ru
0.9.1 FC on About window. 0.9.3 - problem fixed.
Also, I placed your app at one of Russian Android forums, maybe, we'll find translators into Russian so :)

Reactions: Ben74

torres76

Apr 27, 2010
Reading
I would pay for a pro version problem is i always get charged more for an overseas transaction fee.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Ben74

Oct 18, 2006
Bookmarks Light is in the Android Market! uninstall the version you downloaded from this thread, and install the version from the market. it's the same version, but i think you need to install from the market to get update notifications.

ishkarioth

May 20, 2010
OK, working perfect.

Now we can talk about this translation. PM me or tell me what to do.

If you take requests/feedback, I have two things:
First, tab text color keeps white when active tab background goes white, making it hard to read.
Second, I don't know if is possible to set categories/folders within Android bookmarks...

Ben74

Oct 18, 2006
new version. you can now add new bookmarks from within the app. please test, and give feedback!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0.9.1 FC on About window. 0.9.3 - problem fixed.
    Also, I placed your app at one of Russian Android forums, maybe, we'll find translators into Russian so :)