1,061 posts
Thanks Meter: 877

Post Reply Email Thread
17th January 2012, 12:45 PM |#21  
Flag Yoshkar-Ola
Thanks Meter: 117

Donate to Me
More
It works with my 160Gb External HDD!!! Amazing!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SUC50007.jpg
Views:	8634
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	860800  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to -ReaL- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -ReaL- Ad-Free

17th January 2012, 04:47 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
great job
really lookin' forward to have this on JVU
thanks in advance
17th January 2012, 05:10 PM |#23  
Flag GT
Thanks Meter: 375

Donate to Me
More
great job sztupy looking forward to test it jsut need to find a cheap cable
17th January 2012, 10:18 PM |#24  
Flag Timisoara
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Great work! Amazing and unthinkable one year ago!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
18th January 2012, 03:51 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Any chance this would work? :

http://zyger.blogspot.com/2011/05/us...own-cable.html
18th January 2012, 06:17 AM |#26  
sztupy there is a large set of registers which can be triggered by the kernel in the FSA92xx chip... The FSA92xx is the chip which senses resistance like short for OTG or 301kohms for Download Mode. This set of registers controls all parameters. there is a "Switch I/O Voltage" which looks interesting.. "All other pins" is 5V.

I have set them off once before and lit an LED very brightly by accident.

If you'd like to contact me via PM or google talk, I can work with you and test things via UART in order to attempt to get the USB 5V working. I can set these registers manually.

I very much want to get my Arduino ADK working so I can do cool stuff with the Host controller. Lets work this thing out. Maybe you can help get this mod spread to the Captivate as well

Attached to this post is the FSA92xx full documentation : http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1326863728
Attached Files
File Type: zip FSA9280A_88A_full.pdf.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.57 MB, 248 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2012, 07:32 AM |#28  
Denpasar
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
LOVE YOU MATE ... SOOOO MUCH ...

You take my dream came thruu .......

these what was I am dreaming all the night to have our SGS working with OTG
18th January 2012, 08:07 AM |#29  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

sztupy there is a large set of registers which can be triggered by the kernel in the FSA92xx chip... The FSA92xx is the chip which senses resistance like short for OTG or 301kohms for Download Mode. This set of registers controls all parameters. there is a "Switch I/O Voltage" which looks interesting.. "All other pins" is 5V.

If you'd like to contact me via PM or google talk, I can work with you and test things via UART in order to attempt to get the USB 5V working. I can set these registers manually.

I very much want to get my Arduino ADK working so I can do cool stuff with the Host controller. Lets work this thing out. Maybe you can help get this mod spread to the Captivate as well

Attached to this post is the FSA92xx full documentation : http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1326863728

So does it mean that it is possible to achieve true USB OTG [i.e., without the need of powered USB HUB] on SGS?

It would be good to have this!! From the specs for SGS' motherboard it does seem to support true OTG. And with the ability to read from an NTFS formatted drive, the possibilities are limitless!! We will hit truly unlimited storage on this phone!
18th January 2012, 08:50 AM |#30  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd256

Any chance this would work? :

http://zyger.blogspot.com/2011/05/us...own-cable.html

It would, but you don't actualy need to connect 4-5 pins together, it's just for auto-detection. My code has support for "simple" inverted cables using "auto-host" mode (which will trigger host mode for every type of cable plugged-in)
The Following User Says Thank You to sztupy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sztupy Ad-Free
18th January 2012, 08:54 AM |#31  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

Thanks to the info! I'll definitely look into it. I was also thinking of getting a simple LED to light up. I also looked at the host controller of the SGS2 which is definitely the same. Someone with an SGS2 might help me checking whether it supports USB 1.x devices (OHCI mode), or not. (I don't care whether they are actually working, just need to know whether they get enumerated or not)
The Following User Says Thank You to sztupy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sztupy Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
host, ics, kernel, usb

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)