FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL][ICS-CM9 or JVU] USB Host mode (OTG) driver for SGS i9000 [BUILD 5]

1,061 posts
Thanks Meter: 877
 
Post Reply Email Thread
21st August 2012, 06:12 PM |#501  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Hi, why my devices work when the power
goes from the computer, and if from usb
charging (5V 1A), then it does not work?
Thanks.
 
 
11th September 2012, 12:06 PM |#502  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Me too have all setted up correctly and it says, root hub present, usb host mode is active. actual cable state says otg cable, it shows s3c usb host driver found
But, with semaphore kernel 2.06s and Paranoid 2.10 never get pendrive active on with my i9000.
Does anybody?
12th September 2012, 11:35 PM |#503  
Cruonit's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
Any plans to release an CM10 version ...
13th September 2012, 10:54 PM |#504  
Senior Member
Flag near Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 103
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruonit

Any plans to release an CM10 version ...

DerTeufel has added the driver to his HellyBean kernel. Works like a charm on latest HellyBean rom (it is based on CM10)
14th September 2012, 01:23 AM |#505  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nommy

DerTeufel has added the driver to his HellyBean kernel. Works like a charm on latest HellyBean rom (it is based on CM10)

would give tutor sir..?bcz now Im on HB too and usb host still not read..im using usb host controller app..
14th September 2012, 08:03 AM |#506  
Senior Member
Flag near Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 103
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muktheo

would give tutor sir..?bcz now Im on HB too and usb host still not read..im using usb host controller app..

It works great on my i9000 with HB. How is your hardware setup? If you use a Y-cable, try to interchange the two big male USB connectors (the one that goes to power supply with the one that goes to your OTG cable) this did the trick for me.

Also try to connect in this order:

1. connect only OTG cable to phone, start USB Host Controller app. Phone should be in host mode and cable should be detected.
2. connect Y-cable to power supply.
3. connect Y-cable to device (eg. hdd or USB-stick).
4. connect Y-cable to OTG cable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nommy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nommy Ad-Free
14th September 2012, 08:07 AM |#507  
Jens1969's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 217
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muktheo

would give tutor sir..?bcz now Im on HB too and usb host still not read..im using usb host controller app..

If you have thoroughly read the OP, please ignore this. If not...

Everything is well explained in the OP and 2nd post. Make sure you have the needed equipment: Especially some power supply has to be included.
14th September 2012, 09:28 AM |#508  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nommy

It works great on my i9000 with HB. How is your hardware setup? If you use a Y-cable, try to interchange the two big male USB connectors (the one that goes to power supply with the one that goes to your OTG cable) this did the trick for me.

Also try to connect in this order:

1. connect only OTG cable to phone, start USB Host Controller app. Phone should be in host mode and cable should be detected.
2. connect Y-cable to power supply.
3. connect Y-cable to device.
4. connect Y-cable to OTG cable.

Nommy, yours informtions here and on HB Thread are clear but, could you take a picture of your equipment and post it?
14th September 2012, 11:07 AM |#509  
Senior Member
Flag near Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 103
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brignoud

Nommy, yours informtions here and on HB Thread are clear but, could you take a picture of your equipment and post it?

Here we go:


another tip: in some rare cases, my hdd does not get detected, then it helps, to switch to client mode and back to OTG mode in the Host Controller app.
The Following User Says Thank You to nommy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nommy Ad-Free
14th September 2012, 04:29 PM |#510  
SamHaLeKe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,308
 
Donate to Me
More
...........

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nommy

Here we go:



another tip: in some rare cases, my hdd does not get detected, then it helps, to switch to client mode and back to OTG mode in the Host Controller app.


Hi nommy,

Can you please give me the product name of the external USB power supply you use (a link would do fine).

Thanks
14th September 2012, 04:33 PM |#511  
Senior Member
Flag near Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 103
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHaLeKe

...........

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------




Hi nommy,

Can you please give me the product name of the external USB power supply you use (a link would do fine).

Thanks

It's a "Wicked Chili" USB battery. I got it from Amazon. Batterys like this also come from other manufacturers.
The Following User Says Thank You to nommy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nommy Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
host, ics, kernel, usb

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes