FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Game streaming to other Android devices or PCs with Moonlight and GeForce Experience

478 posts
Thanks Meter: 420

By cgutman, Senior Member on 31st October 2013, 03:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th November 2017, 02:34 PM |#4021  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hello guys,
I'm wondering if I am only one with this issue. I'm using last version of Moonlight and GFE. When I play mouse based game I've noticed my mouse pointer reset his position on the center of the screen each time I "touch" an edge of the screen. This occur both in windowed and fullscreen mode, even if I got same resolution both on server and host. I've got any kind of issue if I play with controller. Any of you have some workaround for this ?

10th November 2017, 10:05 AM |#4022  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nk33

When the VPN i use ( IP Vanish) is running and connected to a VPN server, moonlight wont work. is there a simple way round this?

At the moment i remote desktop in and turn off the VPN if i want to use moonlight

I think it's a security feature of the VPN to prevent traffic from leaking out onto your local network. It's trying to isolate you from your possibly untrusted network connection. There may be an option in the VPN software to turn that off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hndrkx

Hello!

I've searched the web for the solution but so far I've come up empty. And as this thread is 400 pages long, I haven't had time to read all of them.

My setup:
Host Computer
i7 7700K
GTX 1070
16GB RAM
Running latest GFE and drivers.

Mediabox:
Minix Neo U1

So I just recently installed Moonlight on the mediabox and I can connect to the PC without a problem, but playing the games is a different story.
My main objective is to play FIFA on my TV with a controller, but the input delay is just to great that it's impossible to enjoy.
So what I think I found so far is that this has to do with the hardware decoder? I've got a delay of 70-100ms, is there anything to do to make this better?
Or am I out of luck with this device?

Any suggestions?

Some devices have decoders that just work better than others. If your PC GPU is new enough, you can try forcing H.265 enabled in the Moonlight settings and see if that improves your latency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateforwork1000

Hay would it be possible for you to add support for other resolutions to the main build? you no longer need Geforce beta or experimetal features enable to get them to work.

It's something I'm thinking about. I'm still trying to figure out how to do it in a way that's not going to be confusing when it doesn't immediately switch the display resolution to that resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-89

Hello!
First, thank you @cgutman for your work

I have a problem...with gfe version 3.9 and 3.10 the Fire TV controller didn't work anymore with some games. With gfe version 3.8 and below everythings works fine.
Any Solution?

Which games? There's probably nothing Moonlight can do. We just send GFE the commands and it's up to it to send them to the game however it sees fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0nuff

Sort of confused as to why there's no mouse support.. This is an ideal method to stream games from my PC to my chromebook, but there's no native support for a mouse, I have to either drag the mouse around with my mouse to select menu options (not ideal, but doable), but once the game starts, there's no way to play, as you have to hold the left mouse button down to look/turn, which makes shooting/interacting/playing impossible...?

I couldn't figure out what you meant for a bit - Moonlight Chrome has full mouse capture. You're running the Android app on your Chromebook. The Android runtime on ChromeOS is currently Android Nougat which doesn't support mouse capture added recently in Android Oreo. When Google updates the Android runtime for ChromeOS to Oreo, mouse capture will work in the Android app. In the meantime, you should use the Chrome app which will work now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcon1186

Hello guys,
I'm wondering if I am only one with this issue. I'm using last version of Moonlight and GFE. When I play mouse based game I've noticed my mouse pointer reset his position on the center of the screen each time I "touch" an edge of the screen. This occur both in windowed and fullscreen mode, even if I got same resolution both on server and host. I've got any kind of issue if I play with controller. Any of you have some workaround for this ?

Ah yes, this is the infamous Windows 10 FCU bug - https://github.com/moonlight-stream/...ome/issues/335

I'm going to take a look soon. If there's something I can do to fix it in Moonlight, I'll do that. If it has to be fixed in Chrome, I'll make sure it's been reported to Google.
11th November 2017, 08:16 AM |#4023  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I am a Moonlight new comers, but I have it set up and working via my router using a couple of powerline adapters to cut down on the long wires.

I have a couple of questions.

I am steaming 1440p(game res setting) to my 1080p monitor as I seem to think I can tell the difference due to down sampling....

My question is, I have the bandwidth set to 60, I know the default is 20 for 60fps 1080p.

Am I causing any latency issues by setting it higher than the required default? Or should I set it even higher for better quality? Or lower it as 60 is overkill for 1080p?

My 2nd question is, does mic input work for in game chat such as for player unknown etc?

I have to say that I have been using a steamlink for the past 6 months or longer which has been great, but found some games ran very choppy such as Assassin's creed origins, even though running a fairly well specced i5 6600k, ssd, 16gb of 3000Mhz ram and a 1080ti.

Moonlight is massively superior to my steamlink In every way so far, compatibility with games, resolutions options, quality of visual output, sound quality, latency.

I wish I had found the software sooner!
11th November 2017, 06:53 PM |#4024  
Thanks Meter: 290

More
Hi everyone,
Just found a "bug"
My setup was working perfectly, but today, stopped working with rtsp errors, launch game but never connects.
I was using two connections to the same network on my pc, wifi and cable, disconnecting either, moonlight works ok again!
Please fix that. Thanks!
14th November 2017, 07:50 PM |#4025  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thanks for this fantastic work, one quick question about HDR if I may.

I own an Nvidia shield and have in the past managed to get HDR to work via gamestream on the 970 (this was extremely rare mind) - it appears that it either did not work correctly or support has been removed

Could you please confirm that you would absolutely need to use the 1000 series to get HDR and there is no hope for maxwell cards? When I launched Moonlight I get an error about HDR10 not being supported.
15th November 2017, 12:28 AM |#4026  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 548

Donate to Me
More
Anyone know how to backup added games to Nvidia Shield? I've added like 25 games and did all the picture up and name but my device isn't detecting my PC anymore so I want to do a re-install on G Experience
15th November 2017, 09:06 PM |#4027  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justwondering

I am a Moonlight new comers, but I have it set up and working via my router using a couple of powerline adapters to cut down on the long wires.

I have a couple of questions.

I am steaming 1440p(game res setting) to my 1080p monitor as I seem to think I can tell the difference due to down sampling....

My question is, I have the bandwidth set to 60, I know the default is 20 for 60fps 1080p.

Am I causing any latency issues by setting it higher than the required default? Or should I set it even higher for better quality? Or lower it as 60 is overkill for 1080p?

My 2nd question is, does mic input work for in game chat such as for player unknown etc?

I have to say that I have been using a steamlink for the past 6 months or longer which has been great, but found some games ran very choppy such as Assassin's creed origins, even though running a fairly well specced i5 6600k, ssd, 16gb of 3000Mhz ram and a 1080ti.

Moonlight is massively superior to my steamlink In every way so far, compatibility with games, resolutions options, quality of visual output, sound quality, latency.

I wish I had found the software sooner!

It shouldn't cause latency increases to bump the bitrate up, as long as your network and client device can handle it.

Mic doesn't not currently work, but I think it's coming soon based on some changes I've seen in the last GFE update. After Nvidia ships support, Moonlight will also need to be updated to use it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo.sena

Hi everyone,
Just found a "bug"
My setup was working perfectly, but today, stopped working with rtsp errors, launch game but never connects.
I was using two connections to the same network on my pc, wifi and cable, disconnecting either, moonlight works ok again!
Please fix that. Thanks!

I believe that issue is PC-side. You might check if there firewall is configured differently for your 2 connections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F For Fake

Thanks for this fantastic work, one quick question about HDR if I may.

I own an Nvidia shield and have in the past managed to get HDR to work via gamestream on the 970 (this was extremely rare mind) - it appears that it either did not work correctly or support has been removed

Could you please confirm that you would absolutely need to use the 1000 series to get HDR and there is no hope for maxwell cards? When I launched Moonlight I get an error about HDR10 not being supported.

I don't think it's possible for pre-Pascal cards to do HDR GameStream, since that depends on HEVC Main10 profile encoding support which was only introduced in Pascal. Maxwell does support HEVC Main, but not Main10 (which is 10-bit that provides the extra depth that HDR needs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhilo

Anyone know how to backup added games to Nvidia Shield? I've added like 25 games and did all the picture up and name but my device isn't detecting my PC anymore so I want to do a re-install on G Experience

I've never done it myself, but I believe it may be possible. The custom added apps are simply shortcuts (and a hidden subfolder) in a folder in %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA Corporation\Shield Apps. If you copy that entire folder out, it will probably save your shortcuts. I've never tried though so no guarantees.
15th November 2017, 11:24 PM |#4028  
Thanks Meter: 290

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutman

I believe that issue is PC-side. You might check if there firewall is configured differently for your 2 connections.

not pc side, I can use both networks to stream, the problem is only if the two are connected simultaneously.
Yesterday, 12:32 AM |#4029  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutman

cut

Hi. Are you the moonlight developer?

I have opened a issue on github a while back asking to support the Vero 4k. I compiled moonlight myself on the Vero 4k and it runs to an extent (full logs plus strace are in the github issue).

Sam Nazarko (Vero 4k maintainer) would really like to have his device supported. Could you please look into it?

I'm willing to test, hope you'll consider this. Thanks in advance.
Yesterday, 09:10 AM |#4030  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehacker66

Hi. Are you the moonlight developer?

I have opened a issue on github a while back asking to support the Vero 4k. I compiled moonlight myself on the Vero 4k and it runs to an extent (full logs plus strace are in the github issue).

Sam Nazarko (Vero 4k maintainer) would really like to have his device supported. Could you please look into it?

I'm willing to test, hope you'll consider this. Thanks in advance.

I work on the official Moonlight clients (Chrome, iOS, and Android) and contribute occasionally to the unofficial clients (Embedded, Vita, etc).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, game streaming, gamestream, geforce experience, shield

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)