2,563 posts
Thanks Meter: 129

Post Reply Email Thread
29th October 2007, 08:49 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Thanks a lot for all your comments. That really encourages me to keep updating the software.

laakness, at this moment the data is inserted into the mysql tables by using HTTP calls. My website gets the HTTP call and depending on the command it will do the specified task. That means that what you mention it would work if they have a website with PHP and a mysql database. A nice feature that I could add in the future is to make the inserts directly to the database instead of using HTTP calls.
However this is something that may not work for many web hostings because they usually don't allow access to mysql from external applications (which is my case by the way)

For the KML files (Google Earth's files) I used a structure that I liked in one of the tools that I found that does something similar to this. I made some modifications though.

29th October 2007, 09:05 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Red face
I edited my previous post. Obviously where I said URL calls I meant HTTP calls.

Sorry for the confusion!
29th October 2007, 09:10 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have not yet installed it but it looks really cool from the screen shots. I have been using 3DTracking (free) but it is not without its problems and does not look as comprehensive as this. Does it carry on logging position after you power-down (standby) the Kaiser? 3DTracking does and its a real pain as it means you have to keep the screen on all the time!!
29th October 2007, 09:10 PM |#14  

More
Thanks for the info.

I actually do host my own site using PHP/Apache/Mysql which is why I was asking
29th October 2007, 09:11 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDAII

I have not yet installed it but it looks really cool from the screen shots. I have been using 3DTracking (free) but it is not without its problems and does not look as comprehensive as this. Does it carry on logging position after you power-down (standby) the Kaiser? 3DTracking does and its a real pain as it means you have to keep the screen on all the time!!

This app lets you shut the screen off which is great. This app also alows you to set your upload and update intervals. They are great and needed options.
29th October 2007, 09:31 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laakness

Thanks for the info.

I actually do host my own site using PHP/Apache/Mysql which is why I was asking

Very good. In that case I can provide everything that you need to use your website.

However, I will have to make it some changes in my code because at this moment the HTTP calls are hardcoded to my website. Once I have this done I will post it here.
29th October 2007, 09:35 PM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by staryon

Very good. In that case I can provide everything that you need to use your website.

However, I will have to make it some changes in my code because at this moment the HTTP calls are hardcoded to my website. Once I have this done I will post it here.

Very cool, thanks a lot. Your work is much appreciated.
29th October 2007, 10:13 PM |#18  
Flag Vienna, VA

More
Re: Announcing *TrackMe 1.0.0* GPS Tracking tool with Google Earth
Very cool indeed…
We must be neighbors of a sort. I work in Herndon (Worldgate) and was pretty surprised to a bird’s eye view of my office. Hope you aren’t getting stuck doing that toll road shuffle for an am commute – lol.
29th October 2007, 10:35 PM |#19  
Flag Allentown, PA
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
I installed it on my Wing, but it is not responding.

first error I got. unable to open port 4

I changed to port 1 and what I get is - waiting for gps respond.

not working for me.

Do I have to be outside the house for this or online?
29th October 2007, 10:58 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apbtlvr

Very cool indeed…
We must be neighbors of a sort. I work in Herndon (Worldgate) and was pretty surprised to a bird’s eye view of my office. Hope you aren’t getting stuck doing that toll road shuffle for an am commute – lol.

lol... don't tell me. That toll road has become a nightmare every day and it's getting worse and worse...
29th October 2007, 11:01 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorSlz

I installed it on my Wing, but it is not responding.

first error I got. unable to open port 4

I changed to port 1 and what I get is - waiting for gps respond.

not working for me.

Do I have to be outside the house for this or online?

If you get that is because you are not selecting the right port of your GPS.
Try to check what com port your GPS is using (maybe with other programs that you use for your GPS) and set that com port in TrackMe.

As soon as TrackMe gets an answer from the GPS, you should see a message saying 'Searching for satellites...'
You should get that message even if you are indoors.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cell id, gps, tracking

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)