12th September 2012, 02:14 AM |#501  
Recognized Developer
Flag Bronx, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,234

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clio94

You can see the contents of sd-ext.Go while running a android rom with a root explorer in folder NativeSD and you will see there the folders of the roms that you have installed.You can delete any rom that you dont want,but it will take a lot of time to do it.
A more easy way is to boot in 4ext recovery and flash the script of the rom you want to delete from gtbluesky http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=428
i tried it with paranoid and it worked perfect for deleting PA folder from sd-ext.It left PA folder in sdcard/NativeSD folder,so i deleted this manually.
Also even if you are in wm,you can take a full backup of your roms by using in 4ext recovery the advanced backup--->sd-ext option.This will make a backup of your sd-ext contents in sdcard/clockworkmod/advanced/sd-ext folder.
Then you can enlarge your ext partition and go to advanced restore--->sd-ext to restore your contents

thats a good idea and all but i can just delete the rom in the nativesdmultiboot.apk v4, painless
The Following User Says Thank You to ayysir For This Useful Post: [ View ]

12th September 2012, 02:16 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
This is NativeSDBootV4.zip file. How can I install it?
I`m running WM on NAND and PA on SD /.ext4/. Everything running very smoothly and much faster than previously on SD.
Please, for us WM users, give us some tutorial like step by step for multiboot.
Thanks in advanced.
12th September 2012, 02:27 AM |#503  
Recognized Developer
Flag Bronx, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,234

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleks3008

This is NativeSDBootV4.zip file. How can I install it?

its a apk file... if you downloaded through phone chrome or other browsers change .zip to .apk
The Following User Says Thank You to ayysir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2012, 10:27 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 7,730

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczepanik

OK so I did not make a big enough one for future use! Is there a way to increase the size of the ext4 partition after installing several ROMs? Having installed my 5th NativeSD Rom I now have no system space left on my 4GB ext4 partition. I am down to about 100mb free. MiniTool Partition Wizard does not seem to let me reduce my FAT32 partition to free space to then increase ext4. Is there another (easy) way to do it?

Cheers
Tom

Have you tried GParted for linux related partition (resizing) stuff ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Xylograph For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xylograph Ad-Free
12th September 2012, 01:09 PM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 265

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmymarsh

Not true, the latest free version of Easeus mini does do ext4, I know because I use it; )

sent from my HD2 using nativesd JB and xda prem app; )

Witch number is the last version ? in 9.1.1 free Home edition it's not possible for me (tried with 2sdcards)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sans titre.JPG
Views:	277
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1321074  
12th September 2012, 01:22 PM |#506  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ric69

Witch number is the last version ? in 9.1.1 free Home edition it's not possible for me (tried with 2sdcards)

you can use MiniPartition Tool - free edition. it allows you to careate ext4 partition and does formating too.

Thanks,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dhruna For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dhruna Ad-Free
12th September 2012, 01:44 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruna

you can use MiniPartition Tool - free edition. it allows you to careate ext4 partition and does formating too.Thanks,

Yes, Guys... however the big question is which one from all these partitioning tools takes care about both partitions and filesystems (both: fat32 and Ext4) alignment... This seems important because according to many reports could influence data write rate by up to 16%.
12th September 2012, 02:26 PM |#508  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 208

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruna

you can use MiniPartition Tool - free edition. it allows you to careate ext4 partition and does formating too.

Based on our early experience it is still important to format the ext4 partition using the 4EXT Recovery tool before first install as NativeSD
12th September 2012, 02:30 PM |#509  
Flag Kozani
Thanks Meter: 327

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ictimai

Thx a lot, but 2me its not exactly clear how2 use it :/ That is, after running this application it is still needed to apply (flash) flash_sboot_v2.zip - without it booting from sboot (via cLK 1.5.0.8) is stuck to the 'previously" set ROM... Is this as intended? If not then what to do to rely solely on nativeSDMultiBoot?

Τhis is normal if you run clk.As allready has been said,clk doesnt read directly from sdcard.So the steps required to use this great app in clk are
1.Select from app the nativesd rom,you want to switch
2.Go into recovery and flash flash_sboot_v2.zip
Until clk will be able to read directly for sdcard we must everytime that we want to change rom to flash again sboot partition or we can use latest clk version from kokotas and flash tboot,vboot to be able to boot to another nativesd rom while rebooting device
12th September 2012, 03:19 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 265

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by melando

Based on our early experience it is still important to format the ext4 partition using the 4EXT Recovery tool before first install as NativeSD

I agree with this, there is an option in EXT4 recovery to check alignment, there were some errors on my sd-ext made by gparted, and it seems my device is smoothness now
12th September 2012, 04:23 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Has anyone ported tytung's nexusHD2 ics v2.7 to nativesd? I'd like to try this rom by this new method. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
native sd, nativesd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)