FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] SGH-I747 Vanilla RootBox [04/08][v4.2][DEVELOPMENT THREAD]

4,421 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,951

By bajee11, Retired Recognized Developer on 5th January 2013, 04:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th February 2013, 05:50 PM |#701  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 616

More
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][AOKP/CM] SGH-I747 Vanilla RootBox [13/02][v3.7.1][Per-App-DPI][PIE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acedooncoon

Im posting this on behalf of a friend. This is his first custom ROM. He just flashed this ROM (coming from stock) two days ago. Today he told me hes having some minor issue with his clock. It seems that when his phone is in sleep mode (Stand by) the clock doesnt seem to update, it just stops at the time whenever it reached sleep mode (if thats what its called). I went to setting to check out his date and time options and I noticed that his phone was reading as if it were in a different location. I changed it to "Eastern" but then when I recheck "Automatic Time Zone" it changed back to something else. It was 10am when i changed it, but it would go 3 hrs back when I re-checked the Time Zone option.
has anyone else noticed this? if so any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron78

I too had this happen with another 4.2.1 rom and I will never do it again because I missed my alarm. Never did find a fix for it tho. Sorry.

This conflict happens when you dirty flash for the most part. Erase internal SD and system via recovery, do all your wipe and flash again. Make sure to flash ROM as is without your mod/theme/tweak. Good luck
15th February 2013, 05:51 PM |#702  
Flag St. Cloud
Thanks Meter: 118

Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][AOKP/CM] SGH-I747 Vanilla RootBox [13/02][v3.7.1][Per-App-DPI][PIE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acedooncoon

Im posting this on behalf of a friend. This is his first custom ROM. He just flashed this ROM (coming from stock) two days ago. Today he told me hes having some minor issue with his clock. It seems that when his phone is in sleep mode (Stand by) the clock doesnt seem to update, it just stops at the time whenever it reached sleep mode (if thats what its called). I went to setting to check out his date and time options and I noticed that his phone was reading as if it were in a different location. I changed it to "Eastern" but then when I recheck "Automatic Time Zone" it changed back to something else. It was 10am when i changed it, but it would go 3 hrs back when I re-checked the Time Zone option.
has anyone else noticed this? if so any suggestions?

That has happened to me in various ROMS. I just un-check "Automatically update time zone" and don't have to fiddle with it any more.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
15th February 2013, 08:52 PM |#703  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 420

More
I tried posting this in Q&A and no response. Sorry if it "clutters" up the forum.

Does anyone know how to change the weather unit for Rootbox's cLock weather/clock widget?

I have the metric box checked off but it still only displays the weather in Celcius. I would like F.

Thanks
15th February 2013, 09:29 PM |#704  
Flag GTA, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 462

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caponea6

I tried posting this in Q&A and no response. Sorry if it "clutters" up the forum.

Does anyone know how to change the weather unit for Rootbox's cLock weather/clock widget?

I have the metric box checked off but it still only displays the weather in Celcius. I would like F.

Thanks

Stay in the Q&A and be patient?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
15th February 2013, 09:41 PM |#705  
Flag Philadelphia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDerron

Stay in the Q&A and be patient?

Then what exactly is the point of this forum? I post in the General Q&A hoping that someone who uses Rootbox will see it and answer? Or my alternative is to utilize the specific ROM's thread and have a true developer and/or frequent user give a more accurate/detailed response. Another purpose it will serve is preventing similar future questions. So answer if you can, otherwise - stop acting like the XDA police.

Thanks in advance
15th February 2013, 10:32 PM |#706  
Flag GTA, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 462

More
Quote:

Then what exactly is the point of this forum? I post in the General Q&A hoping that someone who uses Rootbox will see it and answer? Or my alternative is to utilize the specific ROM's thread and have a true developer and/or frequent user give a more accurate/detailed response. Another purpose it will serve is preventing similar future questions. So answer if you can, otherwise - stop acting like the XDA police.

Thanks in advance

This question has already been asked and talked about. It was either in this thread or the Q&A one. I didn't know that acting like the police is just reminding you of the rules. Bajee wants all questions over there... Sorry I guess. Just trying to make it easier for the dev so he doesn't have to keep reminding us.

The link to the support thread is in the OP.

15th February 2013, 11:42 PM |#707  
Flag Sin City
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:

Thanks

In your Rootbox settings under cLock. check and unchecked metric. Same problem here and this fixed it for me.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hcyplr29 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hcyplr29 Ad-Free
15th February 2013, 11:49 PM |#708  
Flag Philadelphia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcyplr29

In your Rootbox settings under cLock. check and unchecked metric. Same problem here and this fixed it for me.

Thanks brotha!!!

Edit: that worked!!

16th February 2013, 04:29 AM |#709  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Anyone having with bluetooth not turning off? Any suggestion? Im running ktoones kernel.

16th February 2013, 04:43 AM |#710  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_r17ca

Anyone having with bluetooth not turning off? Any suggestion? Im running ktoones kernel.

Happens.. Its a 4.2.1 ROM issue.. Also just got a random reboot today. Bluetooth streaming also still sounds Meh the highs crackle.. These issues have been present for sooooo long. You'd think Google would come out with a fix

16th February 2013, 05:02 AM |#711  
Thanks Meter: 749

More
Its fixed... On 4.2.2. Just be patient as im sure bajee is already cooking or planning too.

Rootboxed
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)