FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Poor phone app on LG G2

95 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By podge3, Member on 2nd April 2014, 08:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just got a G2 and I hate to say that I'm very disappointed with it.

It absolutely fantastic in many ways e.g. screen, battery etc but it does its main function badly i.e. the phone.

I have several problems with the phone app but I suppose the main 3 are:

1. very slow/laggy i.e. the phone rings for a short time before the screen becomes activate and I can answer the call.

2. It take a long time for the screen to become active again when I remove remove it from my ear i.e. when I wish to end a call, the screen takes about a second to become active again (proximity sensor).

3. When I am on a call, any sound from my side completely mutes the far side. So if I, for example, say "yes" in agreement to something the far caller is saying, I miss what the caller is saying for that time when I am speaking.

I hope what I have written makes sense

I'm really sorry that I bought this phone, I think its unusable as a phone. I have tried both JB and KK ROMs and both are the same.

Any help anyone? I'd rather stay stock but I'm willing to load a CM ROM if it will improve the phone.

2nd April 2014, 09:15 PM |#2  
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 668

More
Return it and get something else. There is only so much a phone can do.
9th April 2014, 05:43 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robogo1982

Return it and get something else. There is only so much a phone can do.

Why the smart-arse answer?

The number one thing I would expect a phone to do is perform as a, erm, phone? I'm not trying to get it to perform as a PC or helicopter

Anyhoo, I got problem 3 sorted. I flashed a 20C ROM and that fixed that problem. Problem 1 also seems to have improved a little.

Problem 2 was and still is the main problem. I have tested the proximity sensor and its fine so it must just be the phone apk. I find it very annoying to have to wait for the screen to become active again so I can disconnect the call.
9th April 2014, 07:30 PM |#4  
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 668

More
It's not a smart-arse response at all. Like I said, there is only so much a phone can do. If it does not perform to your liking, you can either send it back to be thoroughly tested in a service centre (it can be almost anything), or exchange it for a different phone that performs as a phone.

I never had such issues with my phone so it just could be that you got a bad device. Of course, you can always load an AOSP ROM and see if the problem persists.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)