[Magisk] Root P20 [EML]

Search This thread
L

LastStandingDroid

Since I promised ill patch ramdisk of P20 (versions) ill try live up to it my promise. Please do note that this is untested since currently I don't own nor any device of P20 line

Installation instructions.
Download the zip for your device and unpack it to your computer.
Boot your phone into bootloader (volume down and plug in cable)
Type: fastboot flash ramdisk yourpatchedboot.img
Reboot!? Proofit!?

Edit: if you have issues with Magisk and safetynet read

Like i wrote on p20 pro forum @LastStandingDroid you should include that here too..

After flashing the patched ramdisk they should install magisk over magisk manager again to pass safteynet and install modules.

Downloads:
EML-L29
https://mega.nz/#!gPBCCCyI!HOCiXH2Zrl84l01PT99U_ElMMuC_JukjgS47DZGkqPQ

Eml-l09?

https://mega.nz/#!dOoAnaIS!MMw2QFp_JNegVG0g95RrVm_AmqDpvtO-wGQX1LLkmYs
EML-TL00/AL00 8.1.0.106
https://mega.nz/#!hKQXgCKT!C2tObO92jyuYBvrVrPeOIfWHSkpVeUCtIgjfuhENaCo

Last edited:
L

LastStandingDroid

EML-L29 working

EML-L09 untested

EML-AL00/TL-00 untested

Everyone should be pre rooted though :)

Sent from my DUK-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
L

LastStandingDroid

Ladies and gentlemen soon a twrp will be hopefully released for P20 pro (tested) and should hopefully work on P20 which will have decryption support.

Don't believe me?

I'm talking to the developer who built it so stay tuned you'll eventually see it :)
IMG_20180414_193808_354.jpgIMG_20180414_193215_482.jpg

Foglito

Apr 14, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Since I promised ill patch ramdisk of P20 (versions) ill try live up to it my promise. Please do note that this is untested since currently I don't own nor any device of P20 line

Installation instructions.
Download the zip for your device and unpack it to your computer.
Boot your phone into bootloader (volume down and plug in cable)
Type: fastboot flash ramdisk yourpatchedboot.img
Reboot!? Proofit!?

Hello!
First and foremost, massive thank you for your work.
Second: it, unfortunately, doesn't work for me on my EML-L29TWRP (or I just messed up something). I followed the flash trough Fastboot command, installed magisk manager app but there is no supersu available like on your screenshots :( I have unlocked my bootloader properly ( get all warnings how my phone cant be trusted).
I just need superSU to remove retail demo app but if necessary I'm willing to debug software.

Also, I have screen captures to show my issue but because I am a new user I cant share them.

fanfan7110

Jan 2, 2009
Lyon
www.hightech-reviews.com
L

LastStandingDroid

Hello!
First and foremost, massive thank you for your work.
Second: it, unfortunately, doesn't work for me on my EML-L29TWRP (or I just messed up something). I followed the flash trough Fastboot command, installed magisk manager app but there is no supersu available like on your screenshots :( I have unlocked my bootloader properly ( get all warnings how my phone cant be trusted).
I just need superSU to remove retail demo app but if necessary I'm willing to debug software.

Also, I have screen captures to show my issue but because I am a new user I cant share them.
Which file did you flash

If anyone needs help or has questions

You can join
https://t.me/joinchat/EzNJoUnSYrj_M7CnVvzNKg

I'll be more available at telegram than tapatalk/xda

Last edited:
L

LastStandingDroid

You might want to tell the builder to check the commit from TWRP for Pixel 2. February security patch causing that decryption problem when user have password set. But it has been fixed since march by DeesTroy.
I've forwarded this thanks for the info [emoji16]

fanfan7110

Jan 2, 2009
Lyon
www.hightech-reviews.com
Only downside for now is you can only decrypt if you have no password set. Though

On a other side, it's not a big problem. It's simple to remove security password, install twrp and root, and then, put again the security with password.
That was what we had to do with the OnePlus 5T at the beginning of the first versions of TWRP.
we hope that a functional and downloadable version will be available soon :)
On the other hand if huawei could allow to download a ROM Stock, it would still be safer in case of bad flashing or brick phone. But can we hope that soon, not sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: ectoplasma22
L

LastStandingDroid

Like i wrote on p20 pro forum @LastStandingDroid you should include that here too..

After flashing the patched ramdisk they should install magisk over magisk manager again to pass safteynet and install modules.

Oh yah didn't knew that was needed until a hour ago or two. Have had little time busy spending time with family.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When im in twrp its asking for decryption key?

Remove any and all lockscreen protection (pin, pattern, fingerprint, face) before flashing anything in TWRP.
    quick question, does the bootloader have to be unlocked to flash magisk?
    Only downside for now is you can only decrypt if you have no password set. Though

On a other side, it's not a big problem. It's simple to remove security password, install twrp and root, and then, put again the security with password.
    That was what we had to do with the OnePlus 5T at the beginning of the first versions of TWRP.
    we hope that a functional and downloadable version will be available soon :)
    On the other hand if huawei could allow to download a ROM Stock, it would still be safer in case of bad flashing or brick phone. But can we hope that soon, not sure.
    May somebody please assist me with a hint...?
    On EML-L29 I've installed via fastboot the ramdisk successfully, after rebooting and installing Magisk Manager it says "Magisk is not installed". Clicking on "install" I'm asked, if I would like to install Magisk-v16.0(1600).zip. Choosing the methodology I have the option either to download zip only or to patch boot image.
    But I have no boot image...
    Somehow I'm stuck in a loop... root checker says, I'm not rooted. What to do next?

Thanks for your support

I managed to install the beta version of Magisk. 16.0 wouldn't work, but 16.4 does. Try that.
    I didnt get lucky with Magisk provided in this thread but managed to flash official 17.3 via TWRP. Just make sure to mount /system and /vendor manually.
    27UQq18.jpg