Thanks Meter: 831

By Pzyduck, Senior Member on 13th September 2012, 10:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th September 2012, 05:57 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlgroff

Just saw this and need to let you know not to do any soft of fastboot or updating without backing up your files. The worry is you flash a retail bootloader and possibly cannot go back if you use these.

yeah, that's why i'm holding out... battery life sucks on the 4.0.3. it barely gets me 8-9 hours with moderate use. i've noticed there are huge drops in the battery level every now and then. i guess i'll just deal with it until we get the root thing sorted out.

26th September 2012, 08:16 PM |#12  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,706

Donate to Me
More
is there a way to just mount the system.img.ext4? i've tried ext2explore and i've tried to mount it with Linux Reader. thanks
27th September 2012, 12:30 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvirginia

is there a way to just mount the system.img.ext4? i've tried ext2explore and i've tried to mount it with Linux Reader. thanks

i'm wondering the same thing...i'm not flashing this on my phone but a friend of mine has a retail 4.0.4 and can't get the OTA. i;m not really sure how to flash this. i was hoping for it to be an sbf but thats not the case. can someone point the way please?
27th September 2012, 01:24 AM |#14  
Flag washburn
Thanks Meter: 267

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohp

i'm wondering the same thing...i'm not flashing this on my phone but a friend of mine has a retail 4.0.4 and can't get the OTA. i;m not really sure how to flash this. i was hoping for it to be an sbf but thats not the case. can someone point the way please?

just use fastboot oem fb_mode_set
then fastboot flash .......
18th October 2012, 01:58 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmvienneau

just use fastboot oem fb_mode_set
then fastboot flash .......

Flash what exactly? I've been trying this for the past hour and rsdlite won't work, moto-fastboot doesn't give any hints. I've tried MR1-22 and FFW-14.
18th October 2012, 02:06 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessrise1234

Flash what exactly? I've been trying this for the past hour and rsdlite won't work, moto-fastboot doesn't give any hints. I've tried MR1-22 and FFW-14.

Edit the XML file within the ZIP. Remove the two lines that contain "GETVAR". then flash the zip
18th October 2012, 03:21 AM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrsn1

Edit the XML file within the ZIP. Remove the two lines that contain "GETVAR". then flash the zip

After removing that, the modem lines and the oem_mode_set one... It still fails on the system.img.ext4.

EDIT: Out of thoughts. Stuck with a fastboot loop. Won't even allow me to turn it off.
18th October 2012, 04:54 AM |#18  
Flag Vincennes
Thanks Meter: 238

Donate to Me
More
I installed beats installer and my phone will not reboot. Any Ideas?
18th October 2012, 05:02 AM |#19  
Central PA
Thanks Meter: 10

More
tried the same thing, now stuck at the boot animation. I have tried factory reset as well as downloading the firmware and trying to update from the sd card in recovery. No luck. It is now a brick unless someone can help...
18th October 2012, 05:07 AM |#20  
Flag Vincennes
Thanks Meter: 238

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8tor86

tried the same thing, now stuck at the boot animation. I have tried factory reset as well as downloading the firmware and trying to update from the sd card in recovery. No luck. It is now a brick unless someone can help...

This sucks, I have no idea what could have happened. I really hope someone can help!!
18th October 2012, 01:07 PM |#21  

More
Well, so far, my situation is that I when shut my phone off, it goes into sticky-bit fastboot. If I go through the boot menu, I can get it into android using the "Factory" or "BP Tools" options. However, when I do this, it will still go back into fastboot if shutdown. All attempts to flash, whether it be through moto-fastboot or RSDLite have failed. I originally started trying to flash to remove root so I could RMA my Atrix to Motorola.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)