FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[V4A][IRS][DDC]103 Headphone correction IRS/DDC filters--2016-06-05 5 new HiFi models

490 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,379

By Joe0Bloggs, Senior Member on 21st July 2013, 06:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th October 2019, 03:15 AM |#1621  
OP Senior Member

More
Sorry to all the guys who have been asking for IRS or DDC recently, I haven't been active in this area lately and these days I prefer to have the earphones in question in my hand before trying to correct them.

In some good news though, EVERYONE can have a try of my corrections, thanks to a dollar store pair of earphones that literally anyone should be able to find and afford:

https://www.anko.com/in-ear-earphone-black/

These were hanging around at my local Kmart by the dozens at $2 a pop so I grabbed a pair to try out, and they were expectedly hideous to listen to out of the box. But you should try listening to them with my corrections applied

These may come with one channel wired in reverse relative to the other, so I've made two versions of the corrections, one assuming correct polarity and one assuming reversed relative polarity:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4wtfi4og7...l-48k.irs?dl=0 Balanced
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivwmb85oe7...v.48k.irs?dl=0 Inverted

Try on one or the other with these dollar earphones to see which one is right for you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
16th October 2019, 11:29 PM |#1622  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
How can I make Viper to process 24bit or 32bit audio instead of 16bit? If I make a correct 24 bit .irs file then it gives the same 16bit output.
19th October 2019, 05:37 PM |#1623  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Guys. Any DDC file for KZ ZSN PRO?
20th October 2019, 11:14 AM |#1624  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Pls any vdc for kz zs10 PRO ....pls
21st October 2019, 09:32 PM |#1625  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0Bloggs

It looks like a work in progress. It lets you enter parametric EQ points to be implemented by DDC (which I assume will be less processor-intensive than using the convolver). However while it attempts to visualize the resulting adjustments, the visualizations fall short of helping you, erm, visualize the outcome.

Here I play with equalizing a newly tested earphone from goldenears, the Audio-Technica IM04. From left to right you have ViPERsToolbox v0.1's GUI, its parametric EQ listing, which I've populated with the adjustments I desire, and finally a fully graphic depiction of the same adjustments on a paragraphic EQ (Electri-Q in this example). You can see that the dB/Freq plot of ViPERsToolbox is currently a linear interpolation of the adjustment points you add, which gives no graphical indication of the bandwidth of your adjustments or the interaction between adjustment points (e.g. the 8000Hz -10.5dB adjustment ends up being something more like -8dB because of interaction with the positive adjustments on its two sides. This interaction becomes especially apparent with wide bandwidth adjustment points close together). Also the x-axis is in linear frequency rather than the more useful log frequency display.

I'm wondering what the bottom plot shows. It seems too similar to the frequency response in curve shape to be a phase response, but if it's a frequency response plot, the y axis makes no sense...

Bottom line, I recommend getting a VST paragraphic equalizer to help visualize your EQ curve before entering the numbers in ViPERsToolbox. I've found the now-defunct Electri-Q, even the free version, to still be one of the best. It can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1yw2w8ahu...stall.exe?dl=0

Included for completeness's sake, the FR plot of the IM04 taken from goldenears.

You can see how we're supposed to even out the frequency response by making an upside-down version of the FR plot as the EQ (using the visualization of Electri-Q, anyway). Note that this assumes a well-compensated FR graph, which is not the case with most review sites. I would only trust goldenear and Rin Choi (rinchoi.blogspot.com) graphs enough to just invert them on the EQ (and even then you have to ignore the inevitable drop off the cliff at the right and any excessive rolloff in the low bass (left of the graph). Even with headphone.com and innerfidelity.com graphs it would be much better to reference their graphs against a reference set of headphones rather than a flat line. For full size headphones, I've used the Sennheiser HD600 as a reference with success in the headphone correction filters in this thread. For in-ears, I would stick to goldenear charts for now.

i would like to create a ddc file my own, but sorry that i do really not know how to get and do it, and i don't understand why i need to according EQ to set value.

expect for a more newbie-friendly detail, great thanks.
23rd October 2019, 11:11 PM |#1626  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD77

How can I make Viper to process 24bit or 32bit audio instead of 16bit? If I make a correct 24 bit .irs file then it gives the same 16bit output.

Sorry, you can't
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 11:25 PM |#1627  

More
Quote:

Sorry, you can't

What about using DIRECT path instead of MIXER (deep buffer or low latency)? It could be useful for example in some LG phones.
23rd October 2019, 11:27 PM |#1628  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Quote:

What about using DIRECT path instead of MIXER (deep buffer or low latency)? It could be useful for example in some LG phones.

You can't apply effects there
And even if you could, Viper dev is gone

Btw you won't like to hear my thoughts on how useful (or not) 32 bit or hi sample rate input for processing would be (the processing itself is another matter, and is already in 32 bit float)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 11:45 PM |#1629  

More
Quote:

You can't apply effects there
And even if you could, Viper dev is gone

Btw you won't like to hear my thoughts on how useful (or not) 32 bit or hi sample rate input for processing would be (the processing itself is another matter, and is already in 32 bit float)

Thanks for your reply! I would like to learn more about this and modify things to skip the Android Mixer. But 24 or 32 bit output would also be great. Just the drivers are not open source :/
3rd November 2019, 12:16 AM |#1630  
OP Senior Member

More
I've started making a few DDCs again.

Recently, Audio-Technica M50x, KZ ZS6 and Sony MH755 have been added.

They're all somewhere in https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vbnj47jcn...5Nq37PEFa?dl=0
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
6th November 2019, 04:47 PM |#1631  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Tfz t2 galaxy
Greetings from the philippines, does anyone have DDC and Convolver files for TFZ T2 Galaxy.
Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ddc, headphones, irs, v4a, viper4android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)