FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEV] The project to port Android(froyo) on S8500 (8530)

183 posts
Thanks Meter: 624
 
By oleg_k, Retired Recognized Developer on 29th March 2011, 05:26 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
5th April 2011, 09:45 PM |#131  
Member
Flag Riga
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by srg.mstr

mijoma, on my S8500XEKC1 after flashing "bplib_S8500OpEuro_XXJL2_mijoma_modrev2.fota" nothing happens (ordinary bada loading). What do you think is wrong?

You need JL2 firmware
5th April 2011, 09:50 PM |#132  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
http://www.google.es/search?sourceid...S5PV210_MP05(1)

Nothing useful right there?
5th April 2011, 09:51 PM |#133  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by z|-|ero

Stupid question. I want to help (give my hwrev) but how to go back after flashing the fota?

Tried to flash your fota file mijoma but phone went dead.
Reflashed original and phone works again.

SW VER: S8500XXJL2
CSC VER: S8500XENJL1
5th April 2011, 09:55 PM |#134  
Member
Flag Riga
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mijoma

Yes, at least it looks like it.
The asm code for that is:

LDR R5, =hwrev
LDR R4, =0x425C4330
LDRB R0, [R5]
CMP R0, #0xB
MOVCC R1, #0x9A
MOVCS R1, #0xB6
STR R1, [R4,#0x20]

MLCD_CS is located at 0x425C4350 and it's by default initialized with value 0xB6.

Best Regards,
mijoma

Little bit differ
EXPORT LDI_PortInit
LDI_PortInit
STMFD SP!, {R4-R6,LR}
LDR R5, =hwrev
LDR R4, =Gamma_Test_Mode
LDRB R0, [R5]
CMP R0, #0xB
MOVCC R1, #0x9A
MOVCS R1, #0xB6
CMP R0, #2
STR R1, [R4,#0x20]
BCS loc_424CF138
5th April 2011, 10:07 PM |#135  
Member
Flag Minsk
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
oleg_k, why dont you use "CONFIG_FB_S3C_TL2796_ACL=y" in kernel ".config" file?
what does this *_ALC define mean?
5th April 2011, 10:11 PM |#136  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 393
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by z|-|ero

Tried to flash your fota file mijoma but phone went dead.
Reflashed original and phone works again.

SW VER: S8500XXJL2
CSC VER: S8500XENJL1

have you also flashed boot files? what bootloader you have there? The version is specifically for XXJL2.
5th April 2011, 10:15 PM |#137  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 393
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raitis

Little bit differ
EXPORT LDI_PortInit
LDI_PortInit
STMFD SP!, {R4-R6,LR}
LDR R5, =hwrev
LDR R4, =Gamma_Test_Mode
LDRB R0, [R5]
CMP R0, #0xB
MOVCC R1, #0x9A
MOVCS R1, #0xB6
CMP R0, #2
STR R1, [R4,#0x20]
BCS loc_424CF138

OK, but do you see anything wrong with my C version?.
I ommitted CMP R0, #2 intentionally as this is for next branch and does not affect code in way. Addresses I used are XXJL2, what you are showing here is XXJEE.

Best Regards,
mijoma
5th April 2011, 10:16 PM |#138  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mijoma

have you also flashed boot files? what bootloader you have there? The version is specifically for XXJL2.

I flashed only the fota file. Version is XXJL2 like stated above.

Btw: Keep up the great work guys.
5th April 2011, 10:18 PM |#139  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 624
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by srg.mstr

oleg_k, why dont you use "CONFIG_FB_S3C_TL2796_ACL=y" in kernel ".config" file?
what does this *_ALC define mean?

it's old version of config file. Now i use TL2796_ACL.
I post new version later.
5th April 2011, 10:22 PM |#140  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleg_k

it's old version of config file. Now i use TL2796_ACL.
I post new version later.

Oleg_k could you make a brief resume/text saying what you have done today and which is the main problem/thing to fix/target right now? So we can have a general overview after all this technical stuff^_^
5th April 2011, 10:24 PM |#141  
Member
Flag Minsk
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
mijoma, share pls your bootloader from XXJL2, its to long to download the whole S8500XXJL2
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wave s8500 android
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes