Xda app

Search This thread

lildoggs

Jul 16, 2009
New York
Hey guy's. I've been having trouble with this app constantly force closing on me. Is anyone else having this issue? It happened on my note1 and now it's happening on my new note 3. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

lildoggs

Jul 16, 2009
New York
It was working ok until about a month and a half ago. Sure hope someone fixes it. :(

mrkhigh

Dec 6, 2012
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 3
It happens on all my devices when I respond to a first thread
It also for some reason selects the message above the person in replying.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

lildoggs

Jul 16, 2009
New York
Yup that one of those things I forgot to mention.

BewareAlbatross

Sep 11, 2010
The last time I went to XDA through an app I used Tapatalk instead of XDA because I already use Tapatalk for all the other forums. I did buy the XDA app to support XDA, I just don't like keeping so many different apps all for forums. I found that the Tapatalk app doesn't crash when I browse on it, if you wanted to try that?

Reactions: lildoggs

wudien

Feb 15, 2012
Columbia
i've noticed that it crashes when you are giving to many inputs i.e. tapping too much. If you avoid this, the app works well.

There is also an issue of tap detection. when i try to reply to someone i have to tap on the post below the one desired. :/ but it doesnt crash the app... so thats a plus right?

lildoggs

Jul 16, 2009
New York
The last time I went to XDA through an app I used Tapatalk instead of XDA because I already use Tapatalk for all the other forums. I did buy the XDA app to support XDA, I just don't like keeping so many different apps all for forums. I found that the Tapatalk app doesn't crash when I browse on it, if you wanted to try that?

Thanks buddy. I'm using tapa talk now. I like it better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

BewareAlbatross

Sep 11, 2010
Thanks buddy. I'm using tapa talk now. I like it better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Appreciate it. Yeah, I've never quite gotten used to Facebook, still keep forums I've been on for years.... Tapatalk is a really nice way to organize them all. The only thing that drives me nuts is that when you go to download a file off of a forum it opens a browser which kind of disrupts the flow, but I think XDA app did the same thing. That would be a tremendously useful thing for the XDA app to do is manage XDA downloads, but for all I know it does that now, I haven't used the XDA app in awhile. These ATT ROMs are around a gig sometime... Hell to download on a mobile phone just because so many things seem to be able to break the download. And the download managers seem to hiccup sometimes with the site that are primarily used for hosting, don't know why.

Last edited:

jbryson16

Jul 9, 2010
Louisville
I bought the xda premium app a couple years ago to show my support. But it does suck on this phone. Doesn't show pictures corectly. The search function is not very helpful. When I open it if it's been in the the background for a while it won't connect to the server to refresh. I have to close it and open it again. Also when leaving the app the animation lags really bad. I always thought it ironic that the XDA app was so buggy lol

**side note- I don't know the first thing about making apps or how hard they are to debug and make run smoothly on all devices. So I'm not hating. Just throwing it out there...
Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes..This GARBAGE app is horrible. ..Force closes...Can't see pictures. ..Won't post pictures half the time...Not the only one..lol