Half-brick or hardware error?

Search This thread

YorYor

Mar 22, 2008
seordcast.com
Hi all,

Recently I upgrade my HTC Legend to CM10 and swapped it for my wife's alternate phone LG P500 as it has some "need force" buttons.
It was already rooted, so I thought of trying my hand at upgrading the P500's ROM as well and see if I could keep it as a backup of sorts.
So below is the chronological sequence of events:

1. Installed CWM via Playstore and placed CM10.2 + CWM6 on SD card.
2. Reboot to recovery
3. Installed CWM6
4. Reboot to recovery
5. Wipe system, install CM10.2 zip
6. Seems to run fine for a while, though some apps kept force-closing
7. While configuring, the phone suddenly rebooted and got stuck at the LG screen
8. Couldn't even load recovery after that, could only go into emergency mode
9. Tried many ways of reflashing CWM/baseband/ROM via LGMDP and KDZ but it wouldn't work
10. During on the many runs, I downgraded baseband to 10E, and then used LG's official tool to perform an upgrade recovery (which also hung during one of the reboots of the phone - still LG screen), then tried to flash an extracted DZ using LGMDP/KDZ, and then back to LG's tool to perform a software upgrade
11. Viola! Android now boots, but now my SIM card refuses to work. Tried switching between different basebands V10E and V20G, but it remains stuck in airplane mode.
12. Today I realised that the Baseband Version as shown in the hidden menu always remains AMSS6150 regardless of whether I flashed V10E or V20G.

Can anyone give me some clues?

YorYor

Mar 22, 2008
seordcast.com
After some days of trying again and again, this is how I solved it.

1. Downgraded to official v10e firmware via the official LG tool
2. Reboot into recovery, and used LGMDP to flash this NV2 (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22671293&postcount=52)
3. Reboot into recovery, and used official LG tool to perform Upgrade Recovery (provided model LG-P500 and my S/N)
4. After upgrade complete, reboot, placed SIM card, checked the IMEI and it's the correct/matching IMEI of my phone, and GSM/WCDMA now works!

Only thing I'm not too sure as I didn't note it down is: are the WIFI and BT addresses overwritten by the NV2 provided in step 2, or did the LG official recovery set the WIFI and BT address back to what it was supposed to be?