[FIX][AOSP][MIUI] All GPS fixes!

Search This thread
X

Xdaoscar996

I get quick locks but the thing is my phone reeboots when I'm using the navigation. Which one do u guys recomend.

Cm7.1
Tiamat

E

evo4gfan

I have cyanogenmod 7.2 and I have been having this problem since 7.1. I downloaded and flashed the GPS_Supersonic_Fix_Flash3.zip in the latest amonra but i still have "waiting for location" and "location can not be determined" basically. I've tried the GPSCLRX multiple times and still the same problem. What am i supposed to do?:(

Last edited:

Notorious

Aug 23, 2011
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 9
I have cyanogenmod 7.2 and I have been having this problem since 7.1. I downloaded and flashed the GPS_Supersonic_Fix_Flash3.zip in the latest amonra but i still have "waiting for location" and "location can not be determined" basically. What am i supposed to do?:(

have you tried the sense fix? flash back to a sense rom and download msl reader in the market. Write down your msl then in the dialer dial #GPSCLRX## then enter msl phone will reboot then nand back to cm7

E

evo4gfan

have you tried the sense fix? flash back to a sense rom and download msl reader in the market. Write down your msl then in the dialer dial #GPSCLRX## then enter msl phone will reboot then nand back to cm7

yeah sorry i just edited my post . I have tried the flashing to sense rom and inputting that code multiple times. I mean it works a little at first but then it goes back to waiting for location...all the time. :/ I also have downloaded the gps status and toolbox from the android market and cleared the AGPS data but still the same problem.

The new Qualcomm 1.1 driver seems to work for everyone except for me ://

My gps is spotty. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but i can say for the majority it doesn't work

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

bump

Last edited:
E

evo4gfan

nevermind I fixed my problem. I forgot to wipe cache and dalvik-cache before I flashed the new 1.1 vision driver. Everything is working now. :)

d0g

Aug 24, 2009
Los Angeles
1. Is there any way to find out what GPS driver I currently have installed?
2. Does each ROM install its own GPS driver, or is it "baked in" like a radio or whatnot?

thanks

kz6fittycent

Sep 1, 2011
Murfreesboro, TN
Just to add one point to the sense method. Make sure when you reboot that you leave GPS on on sense rom. I guess the system records it being turned on. It works every time for me. Otherwise not.

sent from my O.G.

gentryh

Mar 30, 2009
Yes! Need to put this on the Ice Cream Sandwich GPS fix list!

I was hesitant, not knowing if these fixes are OS level dependent (just for GB) but it did the trick for me on Team D.I.R.T. RemICS-UX 1.3.1 (CM9 Port).

:eek:

**NEW** - Qualcomm Vision GPS Driver v1.1 (recommended)

worked for me on Team D.I.R.T | CM9 Port - 1.6 POOF!

guy4jesuschrist

May 24, 2011
Thanks for these fixes! Every time I'm having issues with my EVO's GPS locking on, all I have to do is flash the driver option and I'm back in business! :)

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lately I've been seeing so many different threads about fixing GPS issues in AOSP / CM7 gingerbread roms (accuracy, lock time, etc). I couldn't find a central location with all the available fixes and drivers for the Evo, so here it is.

Drivers:
    • **NEW** - Qualcomm Vision GPS Driver v1.1 (recommended) - Updated fix with latest Qualcomm Vision driver, should be less buggy. Fast gps locks, very accurate, no wake locks, no 100% cpu. Thread HERE. Flashable zip HERE (thanks galandy)
    • Qualcomm Vision GPS Driver v1.0 - Original fix, uses leaked Vision gingerbread driver. Fast gps locks, very accurate, no wake locks, no 100% cpu. Thread HERE. Flashable zip HERE (thanks galandy)
    • KingdomROM GPS Driver - Custom combination of RADIO/PRI/NV/Wimax/GPS - Fixes GPS and wake locks. Thread HERE. Flashable zip HERE (thanks JBabey)
    • Cyanogen Mod Nightly 39 GPS Driver - Some people claim these drivers work better than the current ones provided by CM7. Thread HERE. Flashable zip HERE (thanks daryelv)
    • EVO Gingerbread GPS Driver - Driver from the official gingerbread update. Some people are having success with these on AOSP roms (but check for cpu usage, you might have wakelocks). Thread HERE and HERE (thanks itlnstln and JusticeAA). Flashable zip HERE (thanks galandy).

Workarounds / Other fixes
    • GPSCLRX Sense Workaround - Clear GPS corrupted stats from a Sense rom. Thread HERE (thanks SantinoInc)
    • AGPS Data Refresh - Fixes dropouts by applying the latest AGPS information. Thread HERE (thanks DFlame)

Report back, and let me know of other available fixes I could add here!
    New GPS drivers! v1.1

Here is an update to the Qualcomm Vision drivers. It's based on a newer revision of the drivers so they might perform better for some people. Working pretty well on my Evo. Any feedback?

The file is flashable from any recovery.

Oh yeah works great, but if you're on nightlies sucks to do every day. Lot of work to swap ROMs and double backups and such. Why I stick with the Qualcomm v1.1 driver from this page. Works great and takes seconds to do.

~Max
    This Message Sent From My CM7 HTC-Evo4G
    I don't believe this has been included in your original post, but this driver/fix worked well for me:

Original Post from MIUI Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13284558&postcount=9138

Followup Thread Explaining How To Use the Driver: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1114944
    **NEW** - Qualcomm Vision GPS Driver v1.1 (recommended)

worked for me on Team D.I.R.T | CM9 Port - 1.6 POOF!