[GUIDE] [PATCH] Porting Xperia ARC/Neo ROM to Xperia Ray - Be a Developer

Search This thread

jjdoctor

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
Hi Guys,

I am gonna be very Busy in next Days and Probably wont do any further development but Before I get Busy, I am disclosing Developers Secret...:p...

I wanted to give this Guide to all Ray Users as a Gift so that they can use any ARC Rom available because the Ray Android Development is very slow and it might help most of you Enjoy ARC Roms or Port your Arc ROMs and Publish in Ray Android Development..

This Guide might be Helpful for Neo Users in Porting Arc Roms to Neo.

It took me very long to find what files are changed from Ray in Arc/Neo ROMs but it wasnt a Rocket science.. Just needs replacement of some drivers and we get a working Rom for Ray...

This Guide contains ONLY Files that are Relevant... Developers normally dont modify these files, so whatever tweak is present in ARC Rom will be unchanged..
You dont need to mess with Tweaks and other things as they are compatible with Ray anyway...

Luckily Hardware changes are not much so its easy to Port ARC/Neo Roms to Ray but there are some Drivers specific for and are optimized for Ray despite same hardware like e.g GPU, touch, 3D drivers..

I have made a Patch too that contains files which you have to replace with Ported ARC Rom...I will attach that later...BUT Dont rely on the Patch... I would recommend do the copying/pasting yourself...

This is an Example of ICS Roms, the Reason I chose ICS Rom is coz its now ICS days and after a month GB will be vanished from Xperia 2011 devices..

1) First Step you need is to download and Install 2 applications.
a) 7zip
b) Notepad+

2) Download your Stock Ray Rom or a Source ROM from which you have to copy Ray Drivers...
Then Download ARC/Neo Rom that you want to Port to Ray..
Remember that Ray ROM you are using as source should be of the same Build version e.g 4.0.3 Ray Rom should be sourced for a 4.0.3 ARC/Neo Rom

3) Right Click Flashable zip of ARC Rom and OPEN as Archive in 7zip... Now just Drag and Replace Following files with Ray Files so that the ROM Becomes Compatible with Ray..

Code:
[B][COLOR=Red][SIZE=4]NOTE:[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] Those Marked in [COLOR=Blue][B]BLUE[/B][/COLOR] are to be COPIED/REPLACEDin ARC ROM with Files from RAY ROM..
Those Marked in [COLOR=Red][B]RED[/B][/COLOR] should be DELETED from ARC ROM
Touch Drivers
system/bin/clearpad_fwloader
(Delete system/bin/cy8ctma300_fwloader)

system/etc/firmware/
touch_module_id_0x01.img
touch_module_id_0x02.img
touch_module_id_0x11.img
touch_module_id_0x13.img

Delete following files from same system/etc/firmware/ folder
touch_anzu_sharp_type1.hex
touch_anzu_sharp_type2.hex
touch_anzu_sony_type1.hex
touch_anzu_sony_type2.hex

/system/usr/idc/clearpad.idc
/system/usr/keylayout/clearpad.kl

(Delete /system/usr/idc/cy8ctma300_touch.idc)
Camera:

Following Files in system/lib folder
libcameraextensionclient.so
libcameraextensionjni.so
libcameraextensionservice.so
libcameralight.so
libcameraservice.so
libcamera_clientsemc.so
libcald_pal.so
libcald_hal.so
libcald_server.so
liboemcamera.so

Following files from sytem/usr/semc/camera
AS3676_00_flash.dat
APT00YP0_MT9V144.dat
APT00YP0.dat

I suggest Copying the Entire sytem/usr/semc/camera folder and deleting the one in ARC and also delete the file below..
(Delete LM3560_00_flash.dat or a file containing 'flash.DAT' file if from Neo Rom)

Permissions for Front camera in system/etc/permissions
android.hardware.camera.front.xml
AUDIO, GPU, LED, LIGHTS, SENSORS

Just copy Entire files system/lib/hw folder from Ray to Arc Rom.. If Rom is causing Lags or Hangs or Videos are laggy then just copy these files
lights.semc.so (for LED Lights)
overlay.default.so (smooth videoplayback)
sensors.default.so (sensors maybe accelerometer, compass or proximity)
FMRadio: system/lib
libbluedroid.so

replace this only when you think the FM Radio is not working on your Ray after flashing ARC Rom.

Sensors configurations:
system/etc/sensors.conf
OTHERS:

2D/3D Rendering Drivers from system/lib
libsurfaceflinger.so
libsurfaceflinger_client.so
Other files to Be Deleted
libhdmidisplay.so in ssystem/lib
HdmiControlService.apk in system/app
Now Comes the use of Notepad++ for Editing build.prop and UpdaterScript

For build.prob (found in system folder) extract the file from Arc/Neo ROM to your Desktop and right click on it and open in Notepad++ and Replace LT15i or MT15i or whatever with ST18i... Dont mess with Developers tweaks in Settings if u dont know what u r doing. Thats it.. Now Drag the file back to archive u opened with 7zip in system folder
For updater-script (found in /META-INF/com/google/android/)

Extract updater-script to desktop and right click on it and open in Notepad++ and Edit the ui_print(">>> Flashing ROM..."); and write your ROM name or whatever you want.. All those dialogues are written starting with ui_print.. You can change them. Save and drag it back to the same place in zip archive that u have opened with 7zip.
And Now Place the zip in your SDCard and Flash...

Congrats.. Now you are running ARC Rom... ;)

Some Important Things:

Luckily Framework.jar, Framework-res.apk and android.policy.jar found in system/framework of Neo/Ray/Arc Match and is compatible with one another in ICS Roms.. Though they were different in GB Roms.. Lets hope its same in Official version..

Some ARC Roms might be specific to Kernels but it should be much of issue if there is already a kernel available that is compatible.. Just give a try and probably it will work...
ARC/Neo to Ray Patch:

I have Attached ARC-Neo_to_Ray_Patch_ICS-V1.zip file which is Kinda Universal Patch... I cant guarantee its full compatibility... Its always better to do the job by hand....

Its for ICS 4.0.3 Beta ROMs...

Flash ARC/Neo ROM and then Flash the Patch... Now your ROM is fully functional...;)

Now go and Download any ICS Beta Rom and apply the Patch and Let me know if it works...:)
Lastly, Hit THANKS if you like it...
smile.gif

Attachments

• ARC-Neo_to_Ray_Patch_ICS-V1.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 882
Last edited:

jjdoctor

May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
Attached the Patch... Check End of First Post...

Now go and Download any ICS Beta Rom from ARC/Neo section... Flash the Rom First and then apply the Patch ... I didnt test it but Theoretically it should work fine...then Let me know if it works... :)

nickownzya

Aug 20, 2010

Now go and Download any ICS Beta Rom from ARC/Neo section... Flash the Rom First and then apply the Patch ... I didnt test it but Theoretically it should work fine...then Let me know if it works... :)

Not working, recovery tells me your .zip is bad.

krabappel2548

Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
It works for most roms like my rom from Neo ;) But I must say the rom will get slow on the Ray..
If you know something about making a rom, I suggest not to implement this patch, but to really port the rom for better performance :)

Nice thread and solution for normal Android users anyway :D

jjdoctor

May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
can I port xperia play ROM with this guide ?? :)

No... Framework and hardware of play is quite different...

can i port something like this?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1565990

a cool Xperia S rom from arc-s ICS

Yes..Just flash the patch and change Phone model in build.prop.. it will work like a charm..

It works for most roms like my rom from Neo ;) But I must say the rom will get slow on the Ray..
If you know something about making a rom, I suggest not to implement this patch, but to really port the rom for better performance :)

hehe... krabappel, if your ROM is slow why to blame the Patch...?...:D

Reactions: Ghostfreak NB

Srkineo

Sep 24, 2010
Geel
I've been using your guide here JJ, great post!

just found out trough you JJ, that fixing BT is the

Code:
bq275xx_fwloader and OR hciattach file from /system/bin folder = key to fix BT

LED file to port: lights.semc.so

Last edited:

Srkineo

Sep 24, 2010
Geel
Updated to Official SE ICS Libs.

Known Bugs: Camera does not record or do panorama

just renewed flashable zip:)
Hopefully it will bring more new ROM's to the ray^^ great initiative JJ

ARC-Neo_to_Ray_Patch_ICS-V2.zip - MD5 Hash: 8D784B09524C22FD388C65B0045504BC

Reactions: justmpm

jjdoctor

May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
Updated to Official SE ICS Libs.

Known Bugs: Camera does not record or do panorama

just renewed flashable zip:)
Hopefully it will bring more new ROM's to the ray^^ great initiative JJ

ARC-Neo_to_Ray_Patch_ICS-V2.zip - MD5 Hash: 8D784B09524C22FD388C65B0045504BC

Well I had plans to update the First Post... Infact now its Much easier... u just have to copy Entire lib files from system/lib from Ray ROM and paste it in Ray ROM... Official version has Finished those differences....

This applies to MIUI v4 based on SE Framework and All Stock ICS ROMs...

Reactions: Ghostfreak NB

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

I am gonna be very Busy in next Days and Probably wont do any further development but Before I get Busy, I am disclosing Developers Secret...:p...

I wanted to give this Guide to all Ray Users as a Gift so that they can use any ARC Rom available because the Ray Android Development is very slow and it might help most of you Enjoy ARC Roms or Port your Arc ROMs and Publish in Ray Android Development..

This Guide might be Helpful for Neo Users in Porting Arc Roms to Neo.

It took me very long to find what files are changed from Ray in Arc/Neo ROMs but it wasnt a Rocket science.. Just needs replacement of some drivers and we get a working Rom for Ray...

This Guide contains ONLY Files that are Relevant... Developers normally dont modify these files, so whatever tweak is present in ARC Rom will be unchanged..
    You dont need to mess with Tweaks and other things as they are compatible with Ray anyway...

Luckily Hardware changes are not much so its easy to Port ARC/Neo Roms to Ray but there are some Drivers specific for and are optimized for Ray despite same hardware like e.g GPU, touch, 3D drivers..

I have made a Patch too that contains files which you have to replace with Ported ARC Rom...I will attach that later...BUT Dont rely on the Patch... I would recommend do the copying/pasting yourself...

This is an Example of ICS Roms, the Reason I chose ICS Rom is coz its now ICS days and after a month GB will be vanished from Xperia 2011 devices..

1) First Step you need is to download and Install 2 applications.
    a) 7zip
    b) Notepad+

2) Download your Stock Ray Rom or a Source ROM from which you have to copy Ray Drivers...
    Then Download ARC/Neo Rom that you want to Port to Ray..
    Remember that Ray ROM you are using as source should be of the same Build version e.g 4.0.3 Ray Rom should be sourced for a 4.0.3 ARC/Neo Rom

3) Right Click Flashable zip of ARC Rom and OPEN as Archive in 7zip... Now just Drag and Replace Following files with Ray Files so that the ROM Becomes Compatible with Ray..

Code:
    [B][COLOR=Red][SIZE=4]NOTE:[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] Those Marked in [COLOR=Blue][B]BLUE[/B][/COLOR] are to be COPIED/REPLACEDin ARC ROM with Files from RAY ROM..
    Those Marked in [COLOR=Red][B]RED[/B][/COLOR] should be DELETED from ARC ROM
    Touch Drivers
    system/bin/clearpad_fwloader
    (Delete system/bin/cy8ctma300_fwloader)

system/etc/firmware/
    touch_module_id_0x01.img
    touch_module_id_0x02.img
    touch_module_id_0x11.img
    touch_module_id_0x13.img

Delete following files from same system/etc/firmware/ folder
    touch_anzu_sharp_type1.hex
    touch_anzu_sharp_type2.hex
    touch_anzu_sony_type1.hex
    touch_anzu_sony_type2.hex

/system/usr/idc/clearpad.idc
    /system/usr/keylayout/clearpad.kl

(Delete /system/usr/idc/cy8ctma300_touch.idc)
    Camera:

Following Files in system/lib folder
    libcameraextensionclient.so
    libcameraextensionjni.so
    libcameraextensionservice.so
    libcameralight.so
    libcameraservice.so
    libcamera_clientsemc.so
    libcald_pal.so
    libcald_hal.so
    libcald_server.so
    liboemcamera.so

Following files from sytem/usr/semc/camera
    AS3676_00_flash.dat
    APT00YP0_MT9V144.dat
    APT00YP0.dat

I suggest Copying the Entire sytem/usr/semc/camera folder and deleting the one in ARC and also delete the file below..
    (Delete LM3560_00_flash.dat or a file containing 'flash.DAT' file if from Neo Rom)

Permissions for Front camera in system/etc/permissions
    android.hardware.camera.front.xml
    AUDIO, GPU, LED, LIGHTS, SENSORS

Just copy Entire files system/lib/hw folder from Ray to Arc Rom.. If Rom is causing Lags or Hangs or Videos are laggy then just copy these files
    lights.semc.so (for LED Lights)
    overlay.default.so (smooth videoplayback)
    sensors.default.so (sensors maybe accelerometer, compass or proximity)
    FMRadio: system/lib
    libbluedroid.so

replace this only when you think the FM Radio is not working on your Ray after flashing ARC Rom.

Sensors configurations:
    system/etc/sensors.conf
    OTHERS:

2D/3D Rendering Drivers from system/lib
    libsurfaceflinger.so
    libsurfaceflinger_client.so
    Other files to Be Deleted
    libhdmidisplay.so in ssystem/lib
    HdmiControlService.apk in system/app
    Now Comes the use of Notepad++ for Editing build.prop and UpdaterScript

For build.prob (found in system folder) extract the file from Arc/Neo ROM to your Desktop and right click on it and open in Notepad++ and Replace LT15i or MT15i or whatever with ST18i... Dont mess with Developers tweaks in Settings if u dont know what u r doing. Thats it.. Now Drag the file back to archive u opened with 7zip in system folder
    For updater-script (found in /META-INF/com/google/android/)

Extract updater-script to desktop and right click on it and open in Notepad++ and Edit the ui_print(">>> Flashing ROM..."); and write your ROM name or whatever you want.. All those dialogues are written starting with ui_print.. You can change them. Save and drag it back to the same place in zip archive that u have opened with 7zip.
    And Now Place the zip in your SDCard and Flash...

Congrats.. Now you are running ARC Rom... ;)

Some Important Things:

Luckily Framework.jar, Framework-res.apk and android.policy.jar found in system/framework of Neo/Ray/Arc Match and is compatible with one another in ICS Roms.. Though they were different in GB Roms.. Lets hope its same in Official version..

Some ARC Roms might be specific to Kernels but it should be much of issue if there is already a kernel available that is compatible.. Just give a try and probably it will work...
    ARC/Neo to Ray Patch:

I have Attached ARC-Neo_to_Ray_Patch_ICS-V1.zip file which is Kinda Universal Patch... I cant guarantee its full compatibility... Its always better to do the job by hand....

Its for ICS 4.0.3 Beta ROMs...

Flash ARC/Neo ROM and then Flash the Patch... Now your ROM is fully functional...;)

Now go and Download any ICS Beta Rom and apply the Patch and Let me know if it works...:)
    Lastly, Hit THANKS if you like it...
    smile.gif

Yay! Thank you so much for this guide

^_^
    can I port xperia play ROM with this guide ?? :)

No... Framework and hardware of play is quite different...

can i port something like this?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1565990

a cool Xperia S rom from arc-s ICS

Yes..Just flash the patch and change Phone model in build.prop.. it will work like a charm..

hehe... krabappel, if your ROM is slow why to blame the Patch...?...:D
    that's awesome :D but does it support the new ICS ADRENO Video driver ?

Is xperia S rom based on ICS?? I don't think so mate.. it's basically still GB. cmiiw.