FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][Official]MyTouch4G Slide CyanogenMod 9 Alpha 6 (07/23) - 4.0.4

172 posts
Thanks Meter: 669
 
By kornyone, Retired Recognized Developer on 9th May 2012, 08:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th May 2012, 03:58 PM |#571  
Kilroy672's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Buckeye State
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
I still have no wifi. I just flashed the 3.0 kernnel and still no wifi. If I can't get this to work I may have to go back to Alphia 2. Can someone help me out with this issue please?
28th May 2012, 04:02 PM |#572  
Emmanuel U's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-Town Suburbs
Thanks Meter: 2,608
 
More
are you s on? if so flash the kernel in fastboot
28th May 2012, 04:11 PM |#573  
Kilroy672's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Buckeye State
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmc wildchild22

are you s on? if so flash the kernel in fastboot

How do I do that? I know somehow how to flash in fastboot. Also maybe I didn't flash the right kernel, is there a link for that? Yes S-on and unlocked.
28th May 2012, 04:14 PM |#574  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy672

I still have no wifi. I just flashed the 3.0 kernnel and still no wifi. If I can't get this to work I may have to go back to Alphia 2. Can someone help me out with this issue please?

Yeah, like xmc says. You probably have mismatched kernel+wifi module.

1) Flash latest kernel for front camera/etc. (which includes wifi kmod),
2) fastboot flash latest kernel. "fastboot flash kernel kernel.img"

kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=507
The Following User Says Thank You to dhkr234 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dhkr234 Ad-Free
28th May 2012, 04:23 PM |#575  
Senior Member
Flag Cowford, FL - Blackview BV9500 Pro
Thanks Meter: 75
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhkr234

Yeah, like xmc says. You probably have mismatched kernel+wifi module.

1) Flash latest kernel for front camera/etc. (which includes wifi kmod),
2) fastboot flash latest kernel. "fastboot flash kernel kernel.img"

kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=507

I think you mean, fastboot flash boot boot.img

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

I've noticed another issue I'd like to see someone try out. On the latest kernel, for me, it appears that the video record is not quite right. There's no discernible image. Bunch of tiles of almost horizontal zagged lines. Colors are discernible, audio is good, but video is not. Camera was set for 720p.
The Following User Says Thank You to cj chitwood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cj chitwood Ad-Free
28th May 2012, 04:28 PM |#576  
Kilroy672's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Buckeye State
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhkr234

Yeah, like xmc says. You probably have mismatched kernel+wifi module.

1) Flash latest kernel for front camera/etc. (which includes wifi kmod),
2) fastboot flash latest kernel. "fastboot flash kernel kernel.img"

kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=507

Ok I flashed the lasted kernel from that link through revovery and now where do I get the kernel.img from to flash from fastboot? Is it from the zip file? Sorry just kinda confused right now.
28th May 2012, 04:46 PM |#577  
Senior Member
Flag Bentonville
Thanks Meter: 44
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy672

How do I do that? I know somehow how to flash in fastboot. Also maybe I didn't flash the right kernel, is there a link for that? Yes S-on and unlocked.

you could just get s-off via juopunutbear

Would simplify everything a great deal
28th May 2012, 04:52 PM |#578  
Kilroy672's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Buckeye State
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmab88

you could just get s-off via juopunutbear

Would simplify everything a great deal

I flashed the boot.img and everything seems to be fine now. I might try the s-off one day but in the meantime I'll enjoy my ICS without the S-off.
28th May 2012, 06:37 PM |#579  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj chitwood

I think you mean, fastboot flash boot boot.img[COLOR="Silver"]

I think I meant "fastboot flash boot kernel.img" or "fastboot flash boot myfrikkinawesomekernel.img" <-- the last is just a matter of what filename happens to be assigned to that file.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy672

Ok I flashed the lasted kernel from that link through revovery and now where do I get the kernel.img from to flash from fastboot? Is it from the zip file? Sorry just kinda confused right now.

Obviously....
28th May 2012, 08:39 PM |#580  
Senior Member
Flag Peachtree City
Thanks Meter: 70
 
Donate to Me
More
I've noticed that the actual CAPS and ALT leds are 100% functional, just don't respond to you pressing them. So, is it just a communication error between the OS and the led's?
28th May 2012, 10:32 PM |#581  
d3athb4dishonor's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Aurora CO via The Ville, SC
Thanks Meter: 84
 
Donate to Me
More
So I'm curious with the fix since I'm S ON... do I need to flash the boot.img as well since I'm updating the kernel? My wifi still doesn't work and my cam was working but now its upside down again so I'm thinking maybe that's the issue.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes