172 posts
Thanks Meter: 669

By kornyone, Retired Recognized Developer on 9th May 2012, 08:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th July 2012, 06:36 PM |#1411  
Flag Seattle, Wa
Thanks Meter: 840

More
Not sure why tp wake does not work for you guys. I'm guessing you all don't wipe.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium
4th July 2012, 07:18 PM |#1412  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc12868

You do realize you can't really just unroot cm9... If you need an unrooted phone for work then stick with stock... It has built in wifi tether or you can get one off the market that will work unrooted. Or you could get boot manager although you would really need a class 6 or higher card for the sdcard roms to really be functional and then just use stock rom as one of the roms you can boot into so you can connect to the exchange servers.

Not sure if that is true, I typically remove su and superuser.apk after I do what I need after flashing a new ROM. Once I do that, I am no longer rooted and all is well. If I need an app that requires root, yep I am SOL and have to accept that. So far, tethering is the only app I have problems with when I don't have root. The stock ROM has a tethering app builtin that did not require root, that is what I am looking for.
4th July 2012, 07:19 PM |#1413  
Flag Carpentersville
Thanks Meter: 511

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc12868

You do realize you can't really just unroot cm9... If you need an unrooted phone for work then stick with stock... It has built in wifi tether or you can get one off the market that will work unrooted. Or you could get boot manager although you would really need a class 6 or higher card for the sdcard roms to really be functional and then just use stock rom as one of the roms you can boot into so you can connect to the exchange servers.

Not True, you can just remove SU. Remove there whole root folder. I've seen threads about it before, for the same reason too.

Sent from my RubiX ICS Infused using Tapatalk 2
4th July 2012, 07:20 PM |#1414  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
So I think I fixed my problem by changing a few settings and running the V6 Supercharger script from Zeppelinrox. Not sure... but it hasn't happened again since I ran the detailer script (SQlite fix) then powershifted settings, wiped caches and dalvik and rebooted.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda app-developers app
4th July 2012, 08:31 PM |#1415  
Recognized Developer
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 15,257

Donate to Me
More
just wanted to add that SpiritFM Light and Spirit FM Unlocked from google play store works fine on cm9 for doubleshot, it's a third party FM radio.. if you missed FM radio that commercial app might be a considerable choice for purchase, there's a light and unlocked version for bucks/more bucks.
The Following User Says Thank You to tbalden For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2012, 08:51 PM |#1416  
Flag East of Seattle
Thanks Meter: 975

More
Hey T, I have a question for you. I'm still having problems with my Bluetooth connectivity to my Ford. What logcat or other data would be helpful for figuring out why it isn't working very well? How can I generate that?

The symptom is I can sometimes get it to connect by deleting all BT data on both the phone and the car and re-establishing the pairing. The phone will stay connected for as long as I want to as long as I don't power down the phone. If I reboot the phone it demands the authentication code from the car. It's almost like to the device is dumping the data but remembering that that connection existed at one point.

I hate being trouble for you. Bluetooth is the only thing keeping us from being my stable 100% of the time ROM. I only switch back to Mik if I'm traveling or I need an absolutely dead reliable camera. Everything else rocks steady.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
4th July 2012, 09:06 PM |#1417  
Flag East of Seattle

More
One other thing that I've noticed recently. Has anybody noticed upon answering or placing a call, the phone goes straight to hands-free speakerphone. This just recently started up at random and I am at at a loss as to why it is occurring.

I have to hit the speakerphone toggle to "turn it on" (speaker remains on) and then turn it off again by toggling it again. Kind of strange if you ask me, has anybody else noticed this?

Kinda weird answering the phone in a crowded room and have everybody hear both sides of the conversation.

4th July 2012, 09:20 PM |#1418  
Flag Bentonville
Thanks Meter: 44

Donate to Me
More
I didn't see this issue in the bug list; I cannot connect to USB storage at all. It works fine on the stock rom so that rules out a hardware issue. I am unable to connect to the phone via adb either. I've tried on my linux box and my windows 7 box and the results are the same. I deleted and re-installed the drivers and no change. I am s-off and I did a clean install of cm9 alpha 5.

Is this a unique issue or are other having this problem as well?
4th July 2012, 09:39 PM |#1419  
Flag East of Seattle

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmab88

I didn't see this issue in the bug list; I cannot connect to USB storage at all. It works fine on the stock rom so that rules out a hardware issue. I am unable to connect to the phone via adb either. I've tried on my linux box and my windows 7 box and the results are the same. I deleted and re-installed the drivers and no change. I am s-off and I did a clean install of cm9 alpha 5.

USB storage works fine here.

4th July 2012, 10:13 PM |#1420  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:

No issue here.

When you turn on usb storage and hook up to linux, what's the output in /var/log/messages (on the pc)?
4th July 2012, 11:55 PM |#1421  
Flag Somewhere in NYC
Thanks Meter: 524

More
Quote:

This was a bug on earlier ICS ROMs. The only way to work around that one was to plug your phone into a Linux box.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)