Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

Narnia_Berry_Blast

Dec 26, 2014
Root file not appearing on external SD card in recovery mode.

I have found the appropriate file to root my phone (Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 x) from another forum and added it to my external SD card. When I look at my files it is there, however when I try to access it in recovery mode the folder is there but the files are not. Ive have tried looking at xda-developers with no luck. Thanks for the help.
P.S. I am very new to Android and do not know very much about rooting/modding

bigbabo

Apr 22, 2009
What is excatly that you need ill find it for you

MY NOTE 3 BETTA THAN YOURZ ?

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

You said you added file to sd card... You should not have to add anything to sd card to root it.Try finding cfautoroot or cf oneclick root package for your phone .

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

I have found the appropriate file to root my phone (Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 x) from another forum and added it to my external SD card. When I look at my files it is there, however when I try to access it in recovery mode the folder is there but the files are not. Ive have tried looking at xda-developers with no luck. Thanks for the help.
P.S. I am very new to Android and do not know very much about rooting/modding

You said you added the file to sd card ...to root your phone you shouldnt have to add anything to sd card try finding cf autoroot package for your phone .

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Missplaced quote disregard it.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Trying to help more than one person lol

Reactions: Droidriven

phat0074

Mar 26, 2010
Anybody know how to get the native hotspot back working on Sprint note 3 mine stop working after the nk4 update. Im stock rooted and was using galaxy tools for tethering before the update

cresch07

Apr 3, 2012
Pueblo
Is there any way to patch the new update to older one because if the games like asphalt 8,which are updated frequently require to download vast amount of data which are problem for a limited data connections.
If any one of reader know this type technique please help me.....
Thanks

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

If your talking about updates later on after the initial install you could always download a firewall from the play store and block asphalts internet access, thus preventing it from automatically checking for updates.

May 11, 2014
I'm not sure at all. Everything is connected fine. I've even also tried with USB debugging on, if that makes a difference. Then again, it could be a bad file. But I've spent hours searching on xda and Google for another one. Maybe someone has a link I can go to?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

UPDATE:
I tried the same thing again, still got the same message. Then, I tried yet again without resetting and I got this:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Does this shed a light on what the problem is?

N

NOOK!E

If your talking about updates later on after the initial install you could always download a firewall from the play store and block asphalts internet access, thus preventing it from automatically checking for updates.

@vikaseth, try the avast! Antivirus & Mobile Protection app for this purpose - best one I've come across so far.

Last edited:

bigbabo

Apr 22, 2009
UPDATE:
I tried the same thing again, still got the same message. Then, I tried yet again without resetting and I got this:

Try odin 3.07

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
UPDATE:

No it doesn't help, are you absolutely sure you have the correct file for your device model number? With the correct and uncorrupted file there should be no problem whatsoever, If you have Kies installed then make sure it is completely closed and not running in the background as this can interfere with odin, are you sure you are using a current version of odin? Are you certain that your cable is keeping good connection from start to finish, once you hit start in odin don't disturb anything, try different usb ports.

bigbabo

Apr 22, 2009
Try odin 3.07

If that doesnt work pm me with problem you having so i dont have to scroll up and figure out i like to know details tell me exactly what you want to do and i will help you.

payaza2000

Oct 30, 2014
Does anyone know when the LG G3 T- Mobile variant gets the Android L update? I see that Korean, and European variants are getting the update, just curious?

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
for Christmas this year i received a hipstreet hs-7tdb25 tablet and i cant find a way to root it. how can i root it?
I'm not familiar with that device, if its a low end, obscure, unpopular device then you will be lucky to find anything for it, most developers don't put any time into building for a device that is rarely used or not high in demand, they don't even put any time into prepaid devices either, even if its high end and popular.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Does anyone know when the LG G3 T- Mobile variant gets the Android L update? I see that Korean, and European variants are getting the update, just curious?
If you want to upgrade your device you don't necessarily have to wait for the manufacturer to push an update, you can root it and upgrade it yourself with custom firmware, probably to something better than any update the manufacturer would give you.

May 11, 2014
I'm currently running ODIN 3.07. I have switched USB cables and I leave it alone while flashing. Maybe Kies is the problem...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Dec 27, 2014
I'm not familiar with that device, if its a low end, obscure, unpopular device then you will be lucky to find anything for it, most developers don't put any time into building for a device that is rarely used or not high in demand, they don't even put any time into prepaid devices either, even if its high end and popular.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

the name of the tablet is titan 2 and it's made by hipstreet

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt

the name of the tablet is titan 2 and it's made by hipstreet

Give me the devices model number and I'll see what I come up with, to do this go to settings/about phone then go down to your model number, give me that number and possibly the android version you have 4.x.x?

vikaseth

Mar 1, 2013
I got yours answer but its not a piracy like medicines in india which are imported are costly enough to use by poor peoples and supreme court of india allowed the indian manufacturer to copy cat same which are available at a low price bypassing all IPR .same here....
We have spent 250₹ or more than 4$ for 1gb 3G data and if asphalt 8 like games are updated frequently i think it updated last time 2months ago and now from 1week a new update is coming and what is new only some cars of new model and nothing else .so u think after 250₹ spent we are unable to download this 1.5gb game.
And now i put my question that if the devloper like gameloft provide us this update by themselves as a small patch of 10 ,20,or 50 mb size than it is not good?
And if they not give us than the devlopers like you and others can make it (only i think) it is not a piracies.it is a act of philanthropic:)
And the bars and cafe house is also charged us same amounts by othere why, there coffee are costly enough nearly 2$ or120 ₹ or more .
If u have a solution to this problem please give.
And one things i also want to say this is the why (patching) by which microsoft updated their lumia and others windows devices with smaller update inbetween a full fledged updates.but may be the case is different becouse thats a operating system patch and its a game cache update.....

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

I got yours answer but its not a piracy like medicines in india which are imported are costly enough to use by poor peoples and supreme court of india allowed the indian manufacturer to copy cat same which are available at a low price bypassing all IPR .same here....
We have spent 250₹ or more than 4$ for 1gb 3G data and if asphalt 8 like games are updated frequently i think it updated last time 2months ago and now from 1week a new update is coming and what is new only some cars of new model and nothing else .so u think after 250₹ spent we are unable to download this 1.5gb game.
And now i put my question that if the devloper like gameloft provide us this update by themselves as a small patch of 10 ,20,or 50 mb size than it is not good?
And if they not give us than the devlopers like you and others can make it (only i think) it is not a piracies.it is a act of philanthropic:)
And the bars and cafe house is also charged us same amounts by othere why, there coffee are costly enough nearly 2$ or120 ₹ or more .
And one things i also want to say this is the why (patching) by which microsoft updated their lumia and others windows devices with smaller update inbetween a full fledged updates.but may be the case is different becouse thats a operating system patch and its a game cache update.....

cresch07

Apr 3, 2012
Pueblo

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

If your phone has an SD Card you could try to manually download the new version via PC and put it in your Android/data/obb. If its an apk you might be able to just reinstall.

Top Liked Posts