[APP] ICS Enhanced Ringer Control

Search This thread

slopppy

Dec 10, 2010
Perth
Hi slopppy, you're absolutely right: this new "feature" makes me totally angry. If You still need beta testers, I am ready to help a bit.

I am on the last ICS Elegancia using a non-branded Sensation XE.

Much appreciated guys, I've PM'd you both the download location.

I'm ready for some feedback guys ... haven't received much yet!!! :eek:

haha

Last edited:

thelegendarylegends

Dec 2, 2011
Perth
Slopppy!!!!! This app of yours works brilliantly, it basically ignores the system setting so that volume wouldn't be weird while getting notification.

But one problem I found, it maybe just me tho, but when I receive call the volume is right where I wanted (which is set by this app ofcourse!!! Great) but one issue, notification sound becomes kindda repeated abit after the other.

I gotta say this is great tho for the beta keep it up!!

Edit*** hahahaha my bad its not ur app its just the sound notification sux ahahah
Which means ur app works flawlessly

Sent from my sensational HTC sensation's xda app

Last edited:
Reactions: slopppy

HaJeeEs

Aug 6, 2011
LOL So separate volume was removed. That's why I couldn't get it to work with 'Volume Control+' :p Would love to try your app...

vesspa

Aug 19, 2011
Would like to try aswell mate

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

slopppy

Dec 10, 2010
Perth
Have PM'd all you guys a download link. Any feedback is appreciated!

That'll do me for Sensation testers I think. Other phones running ICS are more than welcome though!

Cheers,

Slopppy.

andy1969

Jan 25, 2012
durham city
Works really nice on my sensation xe thanks for sharing it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

kpjimmy

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio TX
Nothing Phone 1
Google Pixel 7
So far, I had a call from my wife, but I didn't hear it because I was outside lol...but when testing out the tones, it was louder I think.

Not sure if anyone else wants this, but can you make a setting to place your app with a notification icon to make sure it's working? I say make it optional if possible.

Reactions: slopppy

kpjimmy

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio TX
Nothing Phone 1
Google Pixel 7
Yep, totally agree, already on my to-do list! Will see if I can get a version with that feature out today.

Ok got a call today. I have llama locations to quiet my phone ringer at work but the phone went full blast lol. I guess you said your app overrides the defaults right? Bah I gotta re read the thread lol...

EDIT: Ok so if my llama profile sets my volume at a state of 0/7 and I have the ICS ERC on to the max level of 7, then the ringer will go to technically 7/7 correct?

Ok I for one, would want an override function to have the app either take over the volume control over an app like shush! or a locations profile app like llama profiles, where we need the volume to vary at times. Can this be done?

Last edited:

slopppy

Dec 10, 2010
Perth
Ok got a call today. I have llama locations to quiet my phone ringer at work but the phone went full blast lol. I guess you said your app overrides the defaults right? Bah I gotta re read the thread lol...

haha, yeah it will totally ignore any changes that llama or tasker etc make to the notification volume.

I think I remember reading that tasker has some sort of API/spec that you can follow to make your app work with it. I'll add that to my to-do list, but I don't know if that option is available in llama.

kpjimmy

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio TX
Nothing Phone 1
Google Pixel 7
haha, yeah it will totally ignore any changes that llama or tasker etc make to the notification volume.

I think I remember reading that tasker has some sort of API/spec that you can follow to make your app work with it. I'll add that to my to-do list, but I don't know if that option is available in llama.

Ok I'm totally new to the API/spec thing. Now what does that do? I think llama has that option, I think I seen that setting in the app in passing. How does one edit that to work with your app? I guess it would use your app as an add-on?

slopppy

Dec 10, 2010
Perth
Ok I'm totally new to the API/spec thing. Now what does that do? I think llama has that option, I think I seen that setting in the app in passing. How does one edit that to work with your app? I guess it would use your app as an add-on?

Yeah I expect so. I haven't looked into it yet, but I expect I will have to expose some specific public API's that llama/tasker will call.

Long story short, I think it's something I have to code into the app. If you can find any doco on their website or anything about making 3rd party apps work with llama that will make it easier for me ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Does it bug anyone else that in Android 4.0 (ICS) the ability to unlink the Notification and Ringer volume has been removed? It annoys the heck out of me! At night time I want my notification volume muted, but my ringer volume turned up so I don't miss calls. It has bugged me so much since I switched to ICS that I decided to write an app to "work around" the issue.

UPDATE - ICS Enhanced Ringer Control is now live on the market - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.brianhislop.icsringervolume

So, what does the app do? Well it basically ignores the system sound settings in regards to notification volume/vibration, and uses the settings specified within this app instead. It's a workaround, but it works well!

Usage instructions and changelog are in the 2nd post.

Cheers,

Slopppy.
    I had it running for about a week or so, using Viperroms ICS.
    I noticed no life reduction or anything obvious.

Was very happy with the program, and it was the only one I found that
    properly separated the two sound levels.
    Thanks guys, have PM'd you a download link and usage instructions :)
    Thanks guys ... I'll send you all a PM with usage and download instructions in a few minutes.

Cheers,

Slopppy.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA App
    An alternate, free workaround:

• Use Gentle IncRinging (free) to configure a ringer volume that increases progressively, either to maximum or to the current volume setting. Very handy to most situations, as you can quickly silent the ringer on incoming calls by pressing any volume key.
    • Think on the Ringer/Notification volume as the volume for notifications only, or as the maximum volume the ringer will reach if configured that way in Gentle IncRinging.
    (Bonus) In addition, you can use Increasing Ring (free) for adding the increasing volume feature to the alarms as well. *Very* nice for wake up alarms.

Tested and working on ICS 4.0.4 on Samsung Galaxy S (ICS ROM by TeamNyx).