[APP] Splashtop HD on Nexus7

Search This thread

Lttlwing16

Mar 30, 2011
Anyone tried it out yet, or would be willing to try it out, or think it will work with the n7? If so, could this be the best option(?) for media for those with the 8gb model. I plan on trying it out when I get mine.

http://goo.gl/Bc74e

Kitten Mittens

Aug 5, 2010
Texas
Yeah, I'm very interested in this also. Another reason I am not too worried about being limited to 8GB. It would be great if someone who has access to a Nexus 7 could test this out and share their experience with it, if not I will probably just buy it and check it out myself when I finally get mine. I'm interested to see how well it works for basic tasks, gaming, and watching videos/movies. My ultimate dream would be to stream my Xbox 360 games to a tablet like this, and play something like MW3 on the go.

Lttlwing16

Mar 30, 2011
Yeah, I'm very interested in this also. Another reason I am not too worried about being limited to 8GB. It would be great if someone who has access to a Nexus 7 could test this out and share their experience with it, if not I will probably just buy it and check it out myself when I finally get mine. I'm interested to see how well it works for basic tasks, gaming, and watching videos/movies. My ultimate dream would be to stream my Xbox 360 games to a tablet like this, and play something like MW3 on the go.

I agree.. I downloaded PLEX and it's been keeping me looking for more.. I wonder if Splashtop HD will support JB and how long it will be discounted 8.99 (usually 19.99) in the play store.. I hope until the n7 delivers

morphiend

Mar 31, 2007
Splash top HD is listed as not compatible with the nexus 7 but the regular splash top is. Also there's a splash top two coming out for android soon. I think I will get this with my credit but I want the kinks to be worked out first.

Anyone try it already?

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
What's the difference between the HD version and the regular version? I can't really find anything on their website or from Play Store (other than "optimization" for Android 3.x or 4.x tablets).

ghost-5

Aug 30, 2008
Manchester
As far as I can tell the regular splash top is designed for smaller screens.

I wouldn't mind buying this as long as it is still on sale when they have made it compatible

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

shamowfski

Apr 13, 2006
Afaik hd users will be getting free lifetime subscription to the new version when it comes out (at least they are doing that for ipad people). I got an email about it since I own the standard version. Seems like otherwise it's like 1.99 for the app and 9 dollars a year, which still isn't terrible.

movieaddict

Jul 24, 2010
i got the free version from amazon when it was the free app of the day!! cant wait to try it out

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
That's what I have. It works well and looks good to me streaming movies. That's one reason I was wondering what the HD added.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

ghost-5

Aug 30, 2008
Manchester
The non hd version is going to be upgraded to version 2

I have just bought it as it works on my phone as well

Will test it on the n7 later on

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

F0l3ert

Jan 1, 2008
Toronto
I just bought the THD version and I can't seem to get it to work on my Nexus 7. The regular HD version works great though. I emailed them regarding this. Anyone else tried the THD version?

mastarifla

Oct 3, 2010
Dallas, TX
The regular version seems to work, THD gives me a black screen when trying to remote connect, I'm going to email support and see if there is something in the works, because I am unsure if I need to grab the THD version or the HD.

Darthus

Mar 26, 2008
The regular version seems to work, THD gives me a black screen when trying to remote connect, I'm going to email support and see if there is something in the works, because I am unsure if I need to grab the THD version or the HD.

I'm also getting a black screen on my Nexus 7. It is connected because touches on the nexus translate to the comp, it's just not displaying the video on the Nexus screen.

I'd love for them to get the THD version working. Playing big PC games on smaller devices was always one of the most exciting potentials of Splashtop, and the fact that they support bluetooth controllers and special screen overlays in the THD version is awesome.

It's especially silly because the Tegra tablets they made this version for probably didn't sell at all, but here's the Nexus, which has the potential to sell a whole lot and it doesn't work on it. =(

If anyone gets a response from Splashtop please post it here.

al2x

Oct 4, 2010
Elmwood Park, NJ
I'm also getting a black screen on my Nexus 7. It is connected because touches on the nexus translate to the comp, it's just not displaying the video on the Nexus screen.

I'd love for them to get the THD version working. Playing big PC games on smaller devices was always one of the most exciting potentials of Splashtop, and the fact that they support bluetooth controllers and special screen overlays in the THD version is awesome.

It's especially silly because the Tegra tablets they made this version for probably didn't sell at all, but here's the Nexus, which has the potential to sell a whole lot and it doesn't work on it. =(

If anyone gets a response from Splashtop please post it here.

I had emailed Splashtop about the fact that the Anywhere access for free is available for any of the Splashtop "vets", they said that the new feature is unavailable currently for Android, however "we will provide the original SPlashtop Android user the free AAP feature. Please stay tuned, it's coming soon!"

movieaddict

Jul 24, 2010
so should i buy hd now or wait to its compatible? because i already have the normal splashtop from amazon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Threads about Apps go in the Themes & Apps section
    I tried both regular and HD version and here are my thoughts:

Regular version: this is intended to be used on smaller screen devices such as phone but it works well on N7 as well. It as separate controls for things like touch pad, window scrolling, etc. You have limited display resolution you can choose from and it doesn't support native display. Only limitation, at least I couldn't figure out is how to drag the windows around. I tried drap and drop gesture and it's not working for me.

HD version: It supports PC's native display resolution, I've tried up to 1920 x 1200 without problems. It also has this "best fit to screen" option so it will auto adjust resolution shown on N7 so you don't need to pan around. Windows dragging is working as expected and everything else is working smoothly. There is however, one major issue, at least for me, is the HD version not too compatible with N7's native display. The N7's top status bar is blocking the access to the top portion of the screen (example, if you have my computer shortcut sits on top left corner, you'll only see the bottom half of the icon as the status bar block the top part) I also find it difficult to navigate and click on the very bottom of the screen as well. (for example, when switching folder from task bar)

I love the HD version but the problems I am seeing just made it difficult to use some times. Not sure if everyone else is seeing the same thing or I missed something.