Feel like an idiot for asking this... How do I change the bootscreen animation on 4.3

Search This thread

MattDusza

Jan 21, 2014
So I updated to 4.3 (not OTA, I used the TouchWiz rooted with aroma rom) but I lost the bootscreen that Ive had on my phone forever. In trying to reinstall it, it just doesnt work anymore. After doing some googling, and reading around on other threads, I see that animations are now under .qmg's as opposed to the old bootanimation.zip methods. Well, I still dont know what Im doing, because I got a proper bootsamsung.qmg, used root explorer to change it out of read only, deleted the one in the media folder, pasted mine in there, and changed the permissions back to rw-r--r--, and im still getting the new stock bootscreen.

Is there something Im missing here? Again, I feel stupid for asking this. Im not super knowledgeable on alot of this, but I can get myself around, and usually find where Ive gone wrong and fix my problem, but this one has straight up stumped me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are referring to old&slow's TW Rom, in the 3rd post of his thread, there is a link to flashable boot animations. After you flash one of those, you can then replace the boot animation with whatever you want.