Flashing FIRST recovery with out pc or Odin crap!

Search This thread

Starhero

Oct 19, 2007
I never used Odin for any of my phones before.. Nor have I used mobile Odin for anything.

Following advice from someone on here I bought mobile Odin BECAUSE I HAVE NO COMPUTER! I AM HOMELESS!

Now that I have that out of the way, you may see why I am very frustrated.

I have the step below firmware of the latest for my s4 rooted by towelroot.

In the past all you needed was root, then flashing recovery was easy! Rom manager would get you cwm and goomanager would get you twrp.

Why is it I read that if I flash that way I'll enter a ****ing bootloop?! I can't do that guys.. I have no way of recovering!

So do I flash or not? To hell with knox and warranty.. My best friend swears there is no way to revert knox once tripped and I WILL TRIP it no matter what.. And he also swears the sprint doesn't give a **** about it.. Especially if you pay for insurance.

What is really pissing me off.. All of these questions would have been so much easier to ask for SPECIFIC answers on an irc.. But good ****ing luck finding one that isn't just an idler fest.. Irc use to be so much more helpful for practically everything technical.

/rant

Please tell me if my fears are just!?

churchey360

Oct 6, 2013
Morgantown
So you are rooted and just want to flash a recovery with mobile odin because you dont have a computer lol? It should work.. just make sure you use the latest version of philz recovery and download an Aosp ROM to keep a copy on both your external and internal storage so if your phone does bootloop then you can just flash a ROM from your custom recovery.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Or flash the recovery with terminal emulator.