[Nook HD+] CM10.1/SGT7 SD/Hybrid Development (ROM updated 12/31)

Search This thread

mikelav456

Dec 12, 2011
The problem of most SD cards not booting when you initially turn on the device is that they are not "properly" detected right away that is why it will not boot from SD (that is they can not be cold booted). Though they are having problems cold booting, they can easily be booted by a simple OS reboot (warm booting). Shutting down the stock and turning it on is already "cold booting" so it will always boot into stock. You need to root your stock and install app like "Quick Boot (reboot)". Everytime it booted into stock, simply use the app to reboot and normally it should now boot from SD.
Sometimes my version of CM10.1 would not boot because of the graphic subsystem not initializing right away, a simple reboot should do it.

Thanks for the response, but the reboot didn't help. Kept getting stuck after cyanoboot menu. I did a full wipe of card and even reset nook stock emmc and going to try again with 5/29 build and report back.

seblog

Mar 9, 2009
Just curious to know if the secondary partition of the SD card that we use in hybrid mode is accessible also from Stock rom,
in leapinlar development i used to flash the file "NookHD-HDplus-stock-fix-vold-for-dual-boot-hybrid.zip" to be able to read the partition on Stock,
what about similar feature in this rom? thanks

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Just curious to know if the secondary partition of the SD card that we use in hybrid mode is accessible also from Stock rom,
in leapinlar development i used to flash the file "NookHD-HDplus-stock-fix-vold-for-dual-boot-hybrid.zip" to be able to read the partition on Stock,
what about similar feature in this rom? thanks
The zip should still work with bokbokan's Hybrid.

Sent from my Nook HD+ running CM10 on Hybrid SD

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Changelog?

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook HD + using xda premium
You will find that most of these builds will be upstream changes having nothing to do with specific HD+ mods. If bokbokan adds something for HD+ he generally says what it is in the OP. So look at the CM10.1 cyanogenmod site to see the upstream changes.

Sent from my Nook HD+ running CM10 on Hybrid SD

mikelav456

Dec 12, 2011
So I've got it running again and it will finally boots into cm10.1 properly. My problem now is that Google Play Books keeps crashing each time I start reading a book. Any ideas why that might be and what I can do?

Delvien

Jan 25, 2009
Columbus
So I've got it running again and it will finally boots into cm10.1 properly. My problem now is that Google Play Books keeps crashing each time I start reading a book. Any ideas why that might be and what I can do?

Try clearing the data on the Google Play app that's giving you trouble

mikelav456

Dec 12, 2011
Try clearing the data on the Google Play app that's giving you trouble

Tried that, didn't work, but thanks.

Anyone willing to give it a shot on theirs and see what happens? Otherwise the ROM is running wonderfully!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

mikelav456

Dec 12, 2011
Mine works. Running sdcard build.

Did you try reading a book, exciting the book, playing around in the app in general? It crashes at random times for me. I appreciate it.

Looks like I'm going to have to go full sd card build then. How stable is it running for you? What type of card?

Delvien

Jan 25, 2009
Columbus
Did you try reading a book, exciting the book, playing around in the app in general? It crashes at random times for me. I appreciate it.

Looks like I'm going to have to go full sd card build then. How stable is it running for you? What type of card?

Running a class 10 card, huge performance issues, stable, but huge lag spikes when starting apps. I read about 15 pages so far, no crashes.

mikelav456

Dec 12, 2011
Running a class 10 card, huge performance issues, stable, but huge lag spikes when starting apps. I read about 15 pages so far, no crashes.

Performance issues are a real shame. I'm also on class 10 and hybrid is working pretty great for me. I really want to be able to use Play Books now that they allow for uploading of your own books... Not sure what to do... If OP came out with EMMC install for this build (love the extra features) I might try that out...

Thanks anyway for checking it out for me, really appreciate it.

bokbokan

May 15, 2011
Performance issues are a real shame. I'm also on class 10 and hybrid is working pretty great for me. I really want to be able to use Play Books now that they allow for uploading of your own books... Not sure what to do... If OP came out with EMMC install for this build (love the extra features) I might try that out...

Thanks anyway for checking it out for me, really appreciate it.

can you post a logcat so that I can look at the issue?

Reactions: mikelav456
Aug 17, 2010

I've been having the same issue but I've been using leapinlars hybrid setup, so I don't think its isolated to your system.

Also, it worked before Google sent out the update that allowed for personal PDFs and epubs.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Delvien

Jan 25, 2009
Columbus
Well.. this is new. installed google play music, booted it up and got a notification to add a backup account. Tapped it, and immediately rebooted into EMMC install, and now it wouldnt boot from SD install.

Re-flashing now. :/

mikelav456

Dec 12, 2011
Well.. this is new. installed google play music, booted it up and got a notification to add a backup account. Tapped it, and immediately rebooted into EMMC install, and now it wouldnt boot from SD install.

Re-flashing now. :/

FWIW I just tested it based on your comment and I did not have this issue on the Hybrid build. Just downloaded app, ran it, started pinning music, playing music, etc... All running great, and actually looks wonderful on this screen! Playa Magazines is also working perfectly. Will try Play Movies and TV later. If Play Books was working properly without crashing I would be in heaven. I love everything else about the ROM and my setup. Hybrid is running smooth, additional features are wonderful.... Hope bokbokan can come up with a fix for us based on the logcat!

Edit: Just tried Play Movies & TV. Same problem as I had on lepinar's Hybrid build. It downloads, opens and runs fine, but does not sync with my account at all. It shows in the sync menu under settings and I have it checked off, but it doesn't actually sync. My movies and TV shows don't show up at all. Not a deal breaker like Books is for me, but still pretty annoying that I can't access my stuff. Both Play Movies & TV and Play Books were functioning 100% fine on the stock B&N rom so I'm not sure why they're not working on an AOSP-based ROM....

Edit 2: Aaaaaaaand now I have an OS problem. I had this problem with lepinar's Hybrid buid as well, as well... Every time I try to unlock the device, it flashes unlocked for a split second, then relocks the device. There is nothing I can do to actually get it to stay unlocked. I try to use the tablet ui notification drawer shortcut to get into settings, but it relocks again there too. I'm forced to reboot the tablet. I think it's weird this happened after I installed Play Movies & TV. I wonder if that's why it happened there too. Maybe something about it having a broken sync???

Edit 3: After reboot, I uninstalled the app and now it's not letting me unlock it again. App may have caused the problem, but uninstalling did not solve it. Bokbokan, any plans to make a build for EMMC?

Last edited:

bokbokan

May 15, 2011
Edit 2: Aaaaaaaand now I have an OS problem. I had this problem with lepinar's Hybrid buid as well, as well... Every time I try to unlock the device, it flashes unlocked for a split second, then relocks the device. There is nothing I can do to actually get it to stay unlocked. I try to use the tablet ui notification drawer shortcut to get into settings, but it relocks again there too. I'm forced to reboot the tablet. I think it's weird this happened after I installed Play Movies & TV. I wonder if that's why it happened there too. Maybe something about it having a broken sync???

If you are using a cover and opening it did not wake the device up, do not wake it up using the home button or it will not unlock. Close the cover and open it again. Do it until the device wakes up on its own by opening the cover. After this, unlock screen should now work.

Last edited:

mikelav456

Dec 12, 2011
If you are using a cover, the problem is that the device is not waking up when the cover is opened. Even after pushing the home button, the state the device is in is still "cover is closed". Try closing the cover and opening it again (display should have wake up without pushing the button). Unlock screen will now work. Not sure why after a long sleep, opening the cover is not triggering an event.

The problem I was having was that the screen was on the whole time, but the sliding to unlock wouldn't help, it would lock the screen, but keep it on... FWIW, since uninstalling Play Movies, while it didn't work right away, after a reboot, I don't seem to be having the unlock problem anymore.

Edit: Just saw your request on Drive, one sec and I'll give you access.

Thanks for all your work!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts