[BOOTANIMATION] LG Optimus 2X Logo v0.1

Search This thread

aMpeX

Mar 1, 2011
Kaiserslautern
aMpeX proudly presents:

Untitled.gif

- LG Optimus 2X Bootanimation.

- This animation was taken from the LG Su660 presentation by LG (here)

- It's composed of 85 still pictures of 480x210 size at 30fps speed (so its a tad slower than the gif above)

- boshot confirmed here that pushing this animation to /data/local/bootanimation.zip works fine, so you don't have to replace the system files. (he used an earlier version of the animation so this might still have to be confirmed)

Code:
copy bootanimation.zip to your adb directory
use:

adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/bootanimation.zip

- It is set to display the blinking animation once and then infinitely loop the "spotlight" effect on the letters.

I strongly suggest, that if you change your system files anyway, you backup your existing files instead of simply deleting them

I take no responsibility for any trouble that might occur with this release. It is an unintended modification of the system and thus, not perfectly safe.

If you like this, please leave my some thumbs up :)

Cheers

aMpeX

Thanks to Moedot for his clean images from the flash file and kryket over at sdx for his guide

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,231

Maliacrete

Jun 11, 2009
Basel
aMpeX proudly presents:

Untitled.gif

- It's composed of 85 still pictures of 480x210 size at 30fps speed (so its a tad slower than the gif above)

- boshot confirmed here that pushing this animation to /data/local/bootanimation.zip works fine, so you don't have to replace the system files. (he used an earlier version of the animation so this might still have to be confirmed)

Code:
use:

- It is set to display the blinking animation once and then infinitely loop the "spotlight" effect on the letters.

I strongly suggest, that if you change your system files anyway, you backup your existing files instead of simply deleting them

I take no responsibility for any trouble that might occur with this release. It is an unintended modification of the system and thus, not perfectly safe.

Cheers

aMpeX

Thanks to Moedot for his clean images from the flash file and kryket over at sdx for his guide

Hallo there. a) I though that the bootanimation is in System/media? can you please advise? b) How the hell do I copy the zip file from my desktop to the file needed? I have Root Explorer. c) Thank you for your help

aMpeX

Mar 1, 2011
Kaiserslautern
Hallo there. a) I though that the bootanimation is in System/media? can you please advise? b) How the hell do I copy the zip file from my desktop to the file needed? I have Root Explorer. c) Thank you for your help

First of all, you shouldn't full quote a post like this Oo

considering a) /system/media is just another location for the boot animation. It seems that if one is present in /data/local/ it overrides the one existing in /system/media/

Putting it to data/local/ is, however, less intrusive, which is desireable (at least for me)

considering b) If you have root explorer w/ root permissions you should copy it to your SD card and go from there. I'm not familiar w/ root explorer, I try not to mess too much with my phone and usually just temp root it if I have to push some files to protected directories.

If you have a rooted shell, you can simply fire up adb, copy the zip to the same location as the adb.exe and use

Code:

considering c) You're welcome :)

Cheers

aMpeX

Last edited:

Perka

Sep 15, 2010
@aMpeX I have made a cwm zip of your bootanim.
I hope this is ok, if not pm me and I will remove it from my stash.

Thank you.

Perka

Sep 15, 2010
Ok you have your own folder in my stash, check it out, link in my sig.

If you have any more bootanims or files for LG2x just send me a pm and I will upload them.

(its a very fast server ;)

Reactions: aMpeX

parthabhatta

Mar 29, 2008
Calcutta
LG G8X ThinQ
In the first post it is advised to push the files to /data/local. But I am using GB v20e and found bootanimation.zip located in system/media. So I think it should be copied to /system/media now or is it something else?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aMpeX proudly presents:

Untitled.gif

Code:
    use:

Cheers

aMpeX

'course I'm ok, the image files don't belong to me after all :)

A teeny tiny credit somewhere would be appreciated tho.

Cheers

If you have any more bootanims or files for LG2x just send me a pm and I will upload them.

Once I find some decent animations (or come up with some myself) I sure will do, thanks :)

Cheers

aMpeX